Author Topic: Where was that word hiding?  (Read 961 times)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Where was that word hiding?
« on: December 20, 2019, 10:11:42 PM »
I normally play the Challenge or 10 letter games only until I have the big word.....after 64 common words in today's challenge, I walked away. Hours later, I went back, looked and it jumped off the screen straight away....funny thing the human brain!
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
Re: Where was that word hiding?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 04:04:09 AM »
Took me quite a while to find it, too.
I was distracted by the fact that the available letters contained  combinations such as -able (possible ending) and over- (possible start) and, quite possibly, more than the two words ending in '-o(u)r/-o(u)red' that I had already seen.
Finally it turned out to be not an English word at all, but a French one, not following any pattern of normal English word formation.

Excellent.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 07:17:13 AM »
I meant to say that here in the "new" city of Milton Keynes we have quite a few boulevards!  Midsummer Boulevard, Silbury Boulevard & Avebury Boulevard to name but a few. I'm not really sure what the suits at the local council were thinking of!  Only they know I'm guessing!  Mind you this is the city with the concrete cows

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 12:33:44 AM »
Midsummer Boulevard?? Is it a safe zone Penny??!!!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 02:16:03 AM »
Ooh err Christine that's funny :laugh:  It's very strange that Midsomer Murders is my most favourite programme & get I've never thought about the connection with the name.  I'll be looking out for Inspector Barnaby & a few dead bodies next time I go to the shopping centre >:D
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...