Author Topic: Greetings from AQ  (Read 929 times)

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
Greetings from AQ
« on: November 28, 2019, 03:49:08 PM »
Here in the USA it's Thanksgiving eve and I am happy to share that Alonzo called this evening with his now, working again, cell phone.  He sends you all the best.

My own good wishes go to all who observe this occasion, as well as to those who don't.  Although, personally I consider the turkey to be optional at best and would recommend loading up on the stuffing, gravy and dessert.

Enjoy the day!

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Greetings from AQ
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 09:00:53 PM »
It's good to hear from AQ, albeit indirectly. I hope we'll soon be seeing his name up on the scoreboard. Thanks for passing on his greetings, lilys field.

We don't have Thanksgiving here in Australia - yet. However, our retailers have embraced Black Friday sales wholeheartedly.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 09:28:18 PM »
Hi Paula,

Please pass on my best wishes to AQ and I hope to see him competing again soon.

Have a happy Thanksgiving,  I understand it is deeply embedded in USA/Canadian culture and had its origins in a harvest festival.

Our farmers are doing it tough at the moment but we still have lots to be thankful for.

All the best.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 10:12:55 PM »
best wishes from me also.  Hope AQ will be on the scoreboard again soon!
Penny
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 02:53:24 PM »
Glad to hear that AQ is back in touch!

And thanks for the Thanksgiving greeting. I agree with you, lilys field, the best part of the meal is the side dishes (and dessert, of course). The turkey and I ended up the same: stuffed.

Katzmeow

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 02:29:52 PM »
Thanks for passing on news of AQ.  I've been keeping an eye out on the scoreboard, awaiting their return.

We don't have Thanksgiving here in Australia - yet. However, our retailers have embraced Black Friday sales wholeheartedly.

Yeah, I find that rather weird.  First Halloween, then Black Friday sales.  Thanksgiving can't be far away. :)  Wonder what other holidays we can appropriate from other cultures. 
My truth may not be your truth.  That makes neither of us right or wrong, only different.