Author Topic: 100% award  (Read 11290 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 100% award
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 10:45:41 AM »
Darn, Threeb! Looks like I've missed my chance.

Actually, there have been several celebrities who took chihuahuas around with them. The bandleader Xavier Cugat was one. So was the film actress Jayne Mansfield - there's a picture of her with chihuahuas on the cover of a book called Chihuahuas, Women and Me: a 2005 collection of essays by writer Louis Nowra. In it, he describes his obsession with chihuahuas - the living dogs and chihuahua memorabilia of all kinds.

While I was looking for this image, I found a recent news item http://blogs.smh.com.au/sit/archives/2007/07/in_praise_of_the_brave_little.html prompted by Nowra's claims of anti-chihuahua bias in the media. The comments posted suggest the chihuahua has lots of passionate defenders  (the dog, that is - we know the game has lots of passionate defenders).
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 11:35:25 AM »
Alan -- Thanks for trying to find an alternative -- I remember reading about Jayne Mansfield and her pocket puppies.

I poked around a bit looking for cute videos of chihuahuas and found this one which is about the best so far -- the doggie really DOES dance!! The picture quality isn't wonderful, but it has a sound track and the pooch performs well! I thought everyone would enjoy it in celebrating your canine cohort!

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-6829220296262160365&q=Dogdancing

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 04:27:03 PM »
Cute clip, 3B.

In case anyone's wondering, I'm not seriously contemplating the use of any celebrity's name in Chihuahua promos - why should I give them the publicity?

And, 3B, it's all very well saying , "I'd play the game WHEREVER you had it available," but you've mentioned in another thread that you have no cell phone, so you obviously won't be playing any mobile phone edition of Chi. Not that it bothers me - putting Chi on various devices would be simply for the benefit of those who find it convenient.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

biggerbirdbrain

• WordStar
  • Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 08:03:30 PM »
I was speaking theoretically, of course, Alan. However, there MAY be a day that I COULD have a cell phone in my possession and Chi-less in the boonies, so the possibility that I WOULD play that version still DOES exist!  :angel:

technomc

• WordStar
  • Dorset UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 12:33:05 AM »
Hi Viral..
the answer is categorically NO!
But i am glad to hear that you're plans are going well...
Well done you clever clogs...