Author Topic: Chihuahua problems - fixed  (Read 5096 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chihuahua problems - fixed
« on: October 31, 2019, 10:09:06 AM »
A number of players have emailed me over the past few hours reporting that the puzzle wasn't working for them. I had implemented a change to the behind-the-scenes functioning of the site yesterday. It doesn't seem to be causing problems for most people, but obviously there are problems for some, so I've reverted to the previous version of the puzzle. The issue affects both sites.

If you're having problems loading the puzzle, try reloading the page. Please let me know of any continuing issues.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
Re: Chihuahua problems - fixed
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 11:50:03 AM »
It all seems to be working properly now, Alan, but there were certainly a few hiccups yesterday while I was about to play the 10-letter game; the biggest problem was that it took an eternity to open the full-screen version and when it finally did, the whole site froze. I couldn't exit or switch to Lexigame.
In the end I had to resort to 'Control - Alt - Delete' to  escape.

But everything seems to be working at the moment.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:28:24 PM by mkenuk »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 08:24:18 PM »
My friend (Xraydon) & I both had problems at work & at home on the site yesterday.  Seems to be ok today :)
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 08:23:23 AM »
I experienced some issues about 24 hours ago on Vivaldi and Firefox browsers, but not on Brave browser. But everything seems good now.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 10:07:42 PM »
Some of the people reporting problems seemed to have the site become completely unresponsive as soon as the page was visited - before any words had been played. Is that what happened to those of you who experienced problems?
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

jojo70

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 10:28:46 PM »
Hi Alan,
Yes, as soon as I accessed the site it was slow and when a letter was selected, it would be instantly submitted as a word. Like as if you had held the selection for too long and it thought you were submitting the word. I was using my phone at the time. I thought it was just me, pressing for too long. Before I realised what was going on, my hit rate got down to 38%!  :) Never mind! 
This made me realise how much I love this game and how I would miss not having it. Thanks for creating it and for keeping it maintained.
Jo

anonsi

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 01:13:39 AM »
Yes, that's what happened to me. It wouldn't do anything (I couldn't type words or click on letters or links).

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 02:24:47 AM »
Yep — the tiles didn't even finish floating in to their positions.

Roddles

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 07:44:01 AM »
I had a succession of weird problems despite restarting and rebooting my tablet several times. It would take up to three minutes for a letter to be placed in the box. Randomly the page would just go blank. The players box would variously show me as being the sole player, or there being up to 48000 players, and the scores were randomly mixed. Eventually it settled down to showing only 6 players, and when I eventually gave up and reopened the game on my computer the same 6 players were all that were listed. As my wife was not being affected on her phone I had decided that the problem was somehow related to my account. Anyway Alan, all good now, and really appreciate the effort you are putting in on this.