Author Topic: Scoreboard anomaly  (Read 4746 times)

Morbius

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Scoreboard anomaly
« on: October 20, 2019, 09:46:54 PM »
At the conclusion of the 10 letter puzzle today, I had 115 words.  However, as soon as the puzzle closed, my total on the scoreboard reduced to 114.  I counted the words I'd played and there were 115.  I know the scoreboard doesn't update the instant you play a word, but the last word I'd played must have been 5-10 minutes before the puzzle ended.  I'm not that fussed about losing one word from my total, especially as it was a rare word, but I'd hate to lose a word that costs me a rosette.

Tom

• Word-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Scoreboard anomaly
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 09:12:38 AM »
I'm sure, Morbius, you use the word 'hate' loosely and hypothetically. I can get just as frustrated as the next person with the vagaries of this game and my own inadequacies, but I do remind myself that it is JUST a game. I'm also keenly aware that my intellect, whilst still pretty good, isn't quite as much as it has been. Ageing, loss of grey matter (normal with maturing years!!!) and chemical changes (also normal) help me not to get too despondent by not hitting a target. But, hopefully, such things as Chihuahua, Sudoku, reading, and physical activity (in my case, gardening) are slowing the natural processes.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 03:17:04 PM »
Thanks for telling me about that, Morbius. I think I can see a way that could happen. It could be an inadvertent consequence of something I changed a while back, to fix another problem. I'll see if I can devise a method of tightening things up to avoid anything like that happening.

Sorry about that.

To set your mind at rest a little, a player's word is immediately logged on the central scoreboard if it's a word that uses all the letters or if it qualifies the player for a rosette or trophy.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Morbius

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 06:47:12 PM »
Thanks Alan.  :)