Author Topic: T-Rex doing the ten letter puzzle  (Read 1391 times)

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
T-Rex doing the ten letter puzzle
« on: July 28, 2019, 03:56:18 PM »
If it isn't enough of my daily challenge to get within cooee of you in the morning and early morning game, I see you're doing the ten letter which i haven't seen you do. And as usual you're keeping up your ridiculously high standard of stealthiness! If it's not too rude a question, why don't you regularly play the ten letter?
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
Re: T-Rex doing the ten letter puzzle
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 05:38:54 AM »
Busted.

Not at all rude.

I normally only play the two nine-word puzzles because I spend w-a-y too much time on those two. When I start a puzzle my OCD keeps me at it even if takes hours. If I allowed myself to regularly attempt the ten-word puzzle, I'd get nothing constructive done. Ever. Sometimes the OCD is so bad I can't not type a word which I know isn't common, so I enter it in a different browser just to get it out of my head.

Yesterday I felt like **** and wasn't up to doing anything constructive, so I played the ten-word puzzle in the different browser. I spent so much time on it, I found all the common words. So I played the game again in my normal browser.

But don't expect to see me in that puzzle regularly.

(I had to look up cooee.)  ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:46:24 AM by TRex »

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 08:35:42 AM »
Yes I know what you mean. I've started a new rule. One game at a time otherwise I have too many letters and combinations floating around and I go a bit nutty.
My two best times to come up with the last missing common word(s) are after a nights sleep or in the shower. When I relax I guess. Not within cooee as you've worked out is akin to being a long way off.

tpc

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 11:51:12 PM »
I too find the morning the best time to get missed common words from the night before. I typically spend about 45 minutes before bedtime doing the 9-letter puzzle. Important to get at least the 9-letter word before turning the light out so that I can work on other words in my head later, mistakenly thinking that it will help me get back to sleep during the night if needed. It doesn't - - keeps me awake instead. But often get a few more words that way, which I will forget in the morning unless I string them into a crazy sentence and memorize it. Have tried entering words with the light off at odd hours but the screen light on my iPad wakes redridinghood next to me!

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 04:25:48 PM »
I'm glad it's not just me!