General Category > Word Games

7-by-many puzzles using the letter S

(1/6) > >>

Alan W:
Responding to a question from giratinaman, 7-by-many puzzles created under the "Your Puzzles" tab may now include the letter S. Where a puzzle does have an S, the rules about which words can be used ending in that letter are the same as in other puzzle types. And, as for other puzzle types, you have the option of creating a puzzle where all words ending in S are permitted.

For the time being puzzles under the 7-by-many table - daily or random - will continue to have no occurrences of the letter S. This could change in the future depending on the player response to the change in Your Puzzles.

doxydaisy:
Thanks very much Alan. I just tried a 7-by-many puzzle using the letter S and can definitely say I'm not a fan. I think these puzzles are challenging enough without throwing plurals into the mix.. just my opinion.

Leedscot:
For what it’s worth, I agree with doxydaisy. And personally I always avoid puzzles under the “Your Puzzles” tab of any variety that include an S and allow plurals.

pat:
I'm puzzled by the dislike of puzzles (no pun intended) containing S. Under the normal playing rules most plurals aren't allowed so... well, what's the problem? I'm probably missing something here, but as far as I can see, rejecting puzzles containing S simply rejects a sizeable percentage of words in the English language. There are several in this post, excluding plurals (although some are too short for Chi). Someone please enlighten me!

Alan W:
Perhaps I didn't explain things clearly.

7-by-many puzzles will normally exclude most plurals ending in S, in exactly the same way as 9 and 10-letter puzzles do. There is an option to allow all plurals (as there is for all Your Puzzles) but you don't have to use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version