Author Topic: I got one! (Rosette)  (Read 1460 times)

Katzmeow

• Logologist
    • View Profile
I got one! (Rosette)
« on: June 03, 2019, 03:09:41 PM »
Since I stopped obsessively trying to get a rosette every game & using puzzle solvers in the process, it's been a long time since I got a rosette.

Today in the Standard game I am with 2 common words to find, and had reached 1 to find in the Challenge game.  Getting so close is almost worse than being a long way off.  Then suddenly I realised what I'd missed.

I do feel a sense of achievement, because lately I seem to have gotten worse at the game, rarely getting anywhere close to finding all 'common' words and often not even close to 'Best' level.
My truth may not be your truth.  That makes neither of us right or wrong, only different.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
Re: I got one! (Rosette)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 04:34:02 PM »
I sympathise, Katzmeow. I used to get rosettes with reasonable regularity, but they have proved elusive for the last few months.

Shall we try to save face and agree that the puzzles have been harder lately?

Katzmeow

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »
Shall we try to save face and agree that the puzzles have been harder lately?

I'm with you!
My truth may not be your truth.  That makes neither of us right or wrong, only different.

tpc

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 09:52:38 PM »
I'm with you too. Puzzles have indeed been more difficult lately, and my wife (redridinghood)  agrees.  Been one or two words shy so many times, only to discover I had missed the easiest ones (got FREED but not FREE!). As the puzzles get more challenging, I tend to look for longer words first. Will go back to putting in the easy ones first,  then adding letters (past tense, plurals in -ies or ii, prefixes  & suffixes etc.). Or setting a limit/goal, either time spent or number of common words found. Bonne chance et bon courage!

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 11:22:55 PM »
Sometimes you just have laser-like focus and other times you just miss the obvious - and the last common word seems so hard! Like you I missed the extra word the other day - got confrere early but missed cornered even though I'd played corner! I really hate the last word however I've learnt it's quite often an easy one, I've just not hit on it. Missed sheered the other day, haven't heard of it. Sheared I've heard of but not sheered. Anyway I'm missing playing - just started a full time job this week and I can't seem to find the time to play like I have been these last few years. But I miss it and I miss you all.
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

tpc

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 10:36:56 AM »
And you will be missed Jacki. Just be sure to take your phone and log on to Chi on your lunch break!

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 12:31:25 PM »
I got both "rosette" and "roset" in yesterday's overstate game but didn't get a !

Katzmeow

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 01:08:15 PM »
 :D :D :D
Me too!