Author Topic: Brexit discovery  (Read 966 times)

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
Brexit discovery
« on: April 08, 2019, 06:43:09 PM »

Oxford University researchers have recently discovered the densest element yet known to science.

The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks.

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.

A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years.

It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.

This hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical morass.

When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons.

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit discovery
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 08:10:28 PM »
Where do I start? Spot on Pat!!

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 09:17:52 PM »
In the past, those who sought to do harm to the country were called traitors; they were arrested, incarcerated in the Tower of London and, after execution, their heads were placed on spikes.

Today they are called Brexiteers.

Just by the way; if the worst should happen and UK did leave the EU (I'm still hoping for an outbreak of commonsense and sanity), I wonder how long it would take for the word Brexit to be replaced by a new word - Breentry?

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 10:06:39 PM »
Pat and Mike,

Regards, Jack

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 05:49:24 AM »
Interesting that https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=governmentium shows a date of March 22, 2006, so it pre-dates Brexit by a good bit.

Probably applies to most governments.

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 06:49:01 AM »
I wondered where it had come from. It's particularly relevant to the present UK government though.