Author Topic: Chihuahua working again on both sites  (Read 2564 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chihuahua working again on both sites
« on: February 02, 2019, 11:28:27 AM »
Touch wood, but the puzzle appears to be usable again at chi.lexigame.com. There will be some discrepancies on the scoreboard between the two sites for a while, but I should be able to sort those out.

If you are not getting the proper content of the "Forum Latest" panel at the bottom right of either site, you may need to clear your browser history. This is done differently in every browser, so if you don't know how to do that (I didn't), you'll have to google it.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: Chihuahua working again on both sites
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 12:37:14 PM »
Thanks, Alan.   I was completely puzzled why the forum was not working on my laptop and my iPad  However it was working on June's iPad mini and my iPhone.

But after I cleared the respective Browser's histories everything is working beautifully.  I would have never thought of this solution without your tip.

Thanks again.
Regards, Jack

Tom44

• Paronomaniac
  • Pyrotechnics Live
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 12:49:27 PM »
Sorry, not for me its not.  Alternate site only.
Stevens Point, WI

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 01:02:36 PM »
Tom, if you can get to the Chihuahua page at chi.lexigame but the puzzle details are not all appearing, try pressing the yellow Reset button under the Forum Latest box.

If you can't get the page at all, have you tried a full browser reload? In most browsers you can do this by pressing the F5 key while holding down ctrl.
Alan Walker

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 02:34:23 AM »
Alan, I am having problems logging in to Chihuahua, both sites. I can't log in on my Android tablet nor on RF's desktop computer, even after clearing the cache and reloading the site via the reset button. I could sign in on the alternate site on RF's desktop at first, but after I reloaded the page via the reset button, I could not. I need help! Luckily I can still play on my own desktop and on my mobile phone because I never got signed out on either of those devices.
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 02:36:06 PM »
RM, one thing I can see that's anomalous is that you have different passwords at the two sites. As a recovering computer nerd you're probably aware that responsible websites don't store anyone's actual password, so I can't see what either of those passwords is, but I can see they're not the same. Presumably you changed it at some stage and the alteration never made it across to the other site.

You should be able to reset your password to whatever you wish, provided you're still using the same email address. You can check that on one of your devices that's still signed in, by opening the player details. If you still use that email, look on a device that's not signed in, and you will see "Forgot your password? Click here" This will allow you to reset the password, and hopefully the change will be transmitted across to the other site.

If you no longer have access to your the email address in your Chi record, or if the above solution doesn't work for any other reason, let me know and I'll fix things up directly in the database.
Alan Walker

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 02:29:04 AM »
Alan, it is inconceivable to me that it is even possible for there to be two passwords for the same player name, but I have to accept that the situation is what it is. I attempted to change the password on the lexigame.com site, but encountered a problem. I am sending you a screenshot privately.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 09:26:05 AM »
Sorry about  that, rm.

I've activated your new password now and made sure it's the same on both sites.

Anyone else who has had password problems, please let me know.
Alan Walker

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 06:18:29 PM »
Your fix is working as intended. Many thanks!