Author Topic: System Maintenance  (Read 1729 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
System Maintenance
« on: January 28, 2019, 11:38:14 AM »
The service hosting lexigame.com, where the main Chihuahua site lives, is planning to migrate the site to a new server. Hopefully this will increase reliability in the long term, but it will cause some downtime during the process.

The migration is due to be carried out at 10pm Australian eastern daylight time on 31 January. In the Chihuahua time system, this is 3 hours after the opening of the 10-letter puzzle dated 31 January, and 5 hours before the Challenge puzzle of 1 February.

If you find the site not working properly around that time, try the alternate site, https://chihuahua-puzzle.com/.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: System Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 11:24:34 AM »
Just a reminder that lexigame.com will undergo system maintenance in a few hours - three hours after the start of the next 10-letter puzzle.

I may put the forum into maintenance mode while the upgrade is happening, to avoid the risk of people posting comments that later disappear. So if you're unable to get into the forum, don't panic. Just try again a few hours later.
Alan Walker

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 11:44:15 AM »
Any idea how long the whole process will take, Alan or is it an 'as long as it takes' situation?

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 04:09:36 PM »
The hosting service didn't give an estimate, and I didn't ask because this sort of thing always seems to take longer than estimated. But I would expect it to be done within a few hours.
Alan Walker

nineoaks

• Word-meister
  • Florence, Oregon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 05:22:05 AM »
Alan: I know this is the wrong thread, but---how are you doing in the heat? I worry about y'all down under! Hope you're coping ok.

with best wishes,

Petra