Author Topic: My puzzles?  (Read 1370 times)

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
My puzzles?
« on: December 26, 2018, 06:50:35 PM »
Call me thick, but I've never taken any notice of the last tab on the puzzles which says Your Puzzles.  Can anyone enlighten me as to what this is? Thanks
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
Re: My puzzles?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 07:41:05 PM »
I use it daily to do the puzzle in the local newspaper. My wife does it on the paper so I put the letters into Chi and we compare scores/words at the end. Chi is so much better than the paper with immediate feedback for spelling, meaning and I can do it in the dark before she wakes up.

I don't publish them in case of copyright, so only I can see them.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 07:55:22 PM by yelnats »

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 08:46:38 PM »
It's a feature of the Chi game that I have very seldom used, but I have sometimes wondered if it would be possible to create a 'Your Puzzle' using the letters of a genuine active game.

Having just tried it - I attempted to create a game using the letters of the current Challenge game - it's clear that you can't.

The message 'these letters not available' appears.

Alan has thought of everything!

;D

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 11:34:35 AM »
You can read a bit about this feature on the Help pages.

This is one of the two ways you can create your own puzzles. The other one is by generating a random puzzle on one of the daily puzzle tabs. But in Your Puzzles, you have a few options in creating the puzzle, and you can share the puzzle with other players.

One of the options is to input your own letters, as mentioned by yelnats and mkenuk. "Alan has thought of everything!" Probably not everything, but I try to think of every low-down, underhanded scheme some unscrupulous player might attempt!
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »
I try to think of every low-down, underhanded scheme some unscrupulous player might attempt!

Thank you for thinking of me!