Author Topic: Looney Les's Lucky Listings  (Read 15375 times)

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Looney Les's Lucky Listings
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2020, 08:53:27 PM »
I bet on names, the colour orange, riding history and I love a four in the fourth or the like.  If I had of bet bigger I could have made a lot today but my trifectas were $3 Flexi so 50% dividends. But I had heaps of fun!!
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2020, 11:16:09 AM »
TAB in the ACT

That's a shame, i was going to organize some free bonus bets for you through sportsbet but apparently it does not apply in the ACT for some reason. Anyway so glad to hear that you are enjoying your punting, it makes no difference if you are a big or small punter, the main thing is that you are having a bit of fun with it but of course it is all the more fun when you are also having a little win.

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2020, 03:21:32 PM »
Thanks Les! Are you a bigwig in the betting world?

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2020, 04:00:03 PM »
Hardly a big wig, just a very keen punter although i do have a V.I.P. membership with Sportsbet which entitles me to some exclusive offers & "gifts" which are mainly in the form of bonus bets, deposit matches & that sort of thing.
I was thinking that just to make this thread a little more interesting, starting this Saturday, i will allocate myself $100 to bet with & then keep a track of how much i win or lose over the next few months.
Of course anyone following my bets does not have to outlay so much but might like to have a bit of fun by following my tips with a much smaller outlay.
What do you think?

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2020, 04:58:27 PM »
I have followed your tips the last few weeks and have probably lost but not much. I'll keep an eye on your tips for sure but can't promise more than that.

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2020, 06:21:22 PM »
Jacki

My tips are posted purely for the amusement of the forum so there is certainly no expectation or obligation for anyone to be actually investing their hard earned on anything that i tip.
While i am silly enough to back these tips myself, i am only posting them for the entertainment of the forum, leaving myself wide open to ridicule when they continually lose however do keep in mind that just occasionally, very occasionally, i will throw up a winner that romps in at big odds.

Happy Punting

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2020, 07:37:55 PM »
Oh absolutely. And I have looked forward to your tips. I'm just not sure what you meant by putting up $100?

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2020, 05:58:55 PM »
So lets go early & have a mid week bet at Sandown tomorrow.
From my starting bank of $100 i will invest $15 dollars which will still leave me $85 to play with on Saturday.
So tomorrow i'm having $5 a win & $10 a place on RED LIGHT ROXANNE @ $9 the win & $3 the place.
That's Sandown Race 6 Horse 9

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2020, 03:28:42 PM »
Well even though the late money came & she started favorite, i'm afraid she couldn't even run a place so i've lost my $15 & the bank balance stands at $85.

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2020, 03:45:34 PM »
At this rate, my balance will be zero by Saturday but i'm going again in the next at Sandown.
Thats R 7 H6 ... Frankley Harvey paying 7.5 the win & 2.2 the place

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2020, 04:12:48 PM »
I was in such a hurry to put up that last post that i failed to clarify my outlay which was 5 the win win & $10 the place.
Frank got beaten by a nose in the last stride but at least i picked up $22 for the place bet so current balance is back to $92.00
Going to have $6 a win on Sir Kalahad in the last, paying $6.50 the win.
That's R8 H2
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 04:18:26 PM by les303 »

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2020, 04:40:42 PM »
Sir Kalahad ran third so no return there.
The end result of today's effort is that i have $88 left in the bank which is technically in the red for $100 which was my original outlay, hoping to get into the black on Saturday.

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2020, 01:32:21 PM »
Saturdays bets all at Moonee Valley ;

R5 H3 GLOBAL GIFT $40 win paying $4
R8 H9 WITHERSPOON $5 win & $15 place paying $10win & $2.80 place
R9 H8 MIRIMAR $10 win & $18 place paying $15 win & $4.60 the place.

So pending tomorrows results, the bank balance stands at minus $100.00

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2020, 04:43:17 PM »
I picked the winner with Jittery Jack in Race 5 (my only win today so far) and the rest were abandoned. So I'm square.

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2020, 07:38:40 PM »
Well done Jacki, you must have been very excited given the way that it led & looked the winner so far from home then just kept on spacing them to win by a huge margin.
My selection, Global gift was very disappointing.
It was also very disappointing to have the rest of the meeting abandoned as i was very keen on Mirimar in the last especially after they backed it in to about $7.00.
I still had a good day as due to the cancellation of M.V. i went to Morphettville & backed the winners of the last two races there.
I doubt that Ozzyjack even follows this thread ( i think that at this stage Jacki, you might be my only fan ) but if he his, i do wonder if he remembers that a few years ago i tipped him a horse called VEERY ELLEGANT which i referenced to his beautiful wife.
On that day the horse finished at the tail of the field however since then she has progressed to win some very high class races & won again today at Randwick. ( noooo, i didn't back it )
Anyway, the point of all of this preamble is that " jack " seemed to be the prominent name in quite a few winners today so i finally got on board & piled into Jacobite Prince in the last at Morphettville & got a nice return.
But as far as Looney Les's Lucky Listings go, i have refunds of $48 which leaves me $52.00 in the red.