Author Topic: Scoreboard not working  (Read 1787 times)

Morbius

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Scoreboard not working
« on: October 31, 2018, 06:49:42 PM »
The scoreboard seems to be not working on the chihuahua-puzzle.com site.  Only my own score is appearing.  This has been the case all day today.

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
Re: Scoreboard not working
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 06:54:56 PM »
I find this happens sometimes when my internet connection is weak.

Les303

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 08:20:43 PM »
This happens to me on a regular basis particularly when I have been " bouncing " around the site however i normally just have to log out & then log straight back in & all is good ?

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 08:29:56 PM »
Hitting the button with the two green arrows to refresh the scoreboard worked for me a minute ago 😀
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 08:34:16 PM »
I usually click on another game and wait until the list of players shows on that one; then back to the game you want to play; works every time.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 09:37:08 PM »
The chihuahua-puzzle.com site has been running badly for several hours. My suggestion would be to use the chi.lexigame.com site for the time being - it seems to be running smoothly.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 09:40:04 PM »
The scoreboard looks odd for the 10 letter on 31 October as Alonzo Quixote has been on 1 for an hour and doesn't have the 10 letter word!

anona

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 12:58:25 AM »
I had trouble with the scoreboard yesterday evening and today: I was/am the only player showing on my screen although at some point it suddenly burst into life and showed other players briefly before wiping them off again.

I've just changed to the other site as you suggested, Alan, but now all my words have disappeared as well as the other players - and I had a rosette for today's standard game, too, boo hoo!

(Update minutes later: and now on re-entering the lexigame, my words and other players have re-appeared for the standard game, though I don't know for how long they'll stay.)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:02:26 AM by anona »

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 01:48:49 PM »
The chihuahua-puzzle.com site is still not  working 100% correctly, but it's probably close enough now for most practical purposes.

If you're on that site and the scoreboard remains blank, apart from your own score, for more than a few seconds, try refreshing the page, or refreshing the scoreboard, as described by Calilasseia, or switch to a different puzzle and then switch back again, as described by mkenuk. If none of these work, switch to the other site.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites