Author Topic: Wow ... my first rosette ...  (Read 1235 times)

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
Wow ... my first rosette ...
« on: July 26, 2018, 02:33:45 PM »
Didn't expect that to happen. Though I'm left wondering how many of the "common" words in that list really are thus in terms of usage outside this game ... :)
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...

Les303

Re: Wow ... my first rosette ...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »
Congratulations & well done, Cal, I imagine that you have come very close on many previous occasions so to finally breakthrough must give you a real buzz.

In the current challenge game, I find myself yet again searching for just one more word to attain that ever elusive rosette & just to rub salt into the wound, in this instance, the word that I just cannot find also happens to be the " common " big word.

Cheers Les

Morbius

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 05:33:08 PM »
Les, you're not alone in struggling to find the 9 letter common word in the current Challenge puzzle.  It was the last common word I found - took me ages.  Interestingly, at the time of writing this message (with the puzzle still open for another eight hours or so) fewer people had found the common 9 letter word (134) than had found the rare 9 letter word (221).  I don't think I've ever seen that before.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 09:26:09 PM »
Interestingly, at the time of writing this message (with the puzzle still open for another eight hours or so) fewer people had found the common 9 letter word (134) than had found the rare 9 letter word (221).

It's now 159 to 267. I did get the "common" word before I got the rare, but I'd never heard the common as a verb before.

As for rosettes, I look to be going downhill...
(2015 was my 1st year)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:27:49 PM by yelnats »

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 01:23:34 AM »
Just lately, I've been finding it easier to discover the Challenge nine-letter word than the Standard one! The rosette puzzle was an exception - I found the nine-letter word for that as my first answer, a rare occurrence over the past month or so!
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...