General Category > Say Hello

HI

<< < (2/5) > >>

Calilasseia:
Hello Lisa!

Spend a little time observing diligently, and you'll become aware of some of the quirks of this forum community. Such as the fact that numerous bird lovers share this place with a couple of serious aviophobes. :)

anona:
Hi, Lisa! Have you been quietly reading the forum for years and just decided to join in, or just had no interest until now? You've been playing longer than I have; I wondered what made you decide to join the forum?

rogue_mother:
Hi, Lisa (and Roger)! So nice to make your acquaintance. Many thanks for the kind words. Since you notice when I get a rosette, you are perhaps aware that I've been in slump lately. It could be that you were the inspiration for my rosette last night, the first in quite a while!

Les's thread is the most active right now, but if you are feeling voyeuristic and want to know more about me and what the Forum was like a decade ago, you can browse the thread from when I joined the forum: rogue_mother -- say hello!

RL:
Thanks every one for your welcomes.

Calilasseia, we've noticed that there are bird lovers in the forum, we live at the foot hills of the beautiful Dandenong Ranges in victoria Australia and have some lovely birds around,the King parrots are particularly beautiful, and it's lovely to hear the Kookaburras laughing .

Anona, yes I've been reading the forum since 2013, but not being very  tech savvy haven't been able to get on before now.

Thanks RM, yes I've now read the thread, gosh you've been playing a long time :), if we were an inspiration to you last night that's great.
We mostly but not only play the standard game wich is 10am our time so morning tea time, but both being retired we can keep playing till almost lunch time if we can't get the 9 letter..

Does any in the forum know of any players older than 91? my mother-in-law recently had her 91st birthday and plays chi as keeping on trying.

lisa

Les303:
Thanks Lisa, for your second post which Pat will be very pleased to see you have posted in the appropriate thread although I did notice that there was no mention of Roger, something no doubt that he is probably used to.

I actually asked this same question some time ago but got a limited response, for some reason our older players seem a little reticent in revealing their age which i could not understand as i would be very proud to declare if i was the oldest player on the site, i also asked for nominations as to who might be the youngest player on the site but once again got very few responses.
I have noticed " keep on trying " on the scoreboard, she does very well but to learn that she is 91 years of age simply brings a tear to my eye.

Alan, is there anyway that you could provide an automatic boost of maybe 20 points for any player over the age of 75 ... no wait, i think that Jack is 76 so you had better make it over the the age of eighty?

Cheers Les

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version