Author Topic: Welcome, Jacki  (Read 2167 times)

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
Welcome, Jacki
« on: May 23, 2018, 07:59:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Jacki. I see you’ve already made your first post so don’t be a stranger!

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Welcome, Jacki
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 08:33:03 PM »
Yes, welcome Jacki. It's good to hear from you.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:05:23 AM »
Hello Pat and Alan. Thanks for the welcome. My sister-in-law is Doxsydaisy and she got me hooked on Chi when she came to visit in September 2016. It took me a while to get the hang of the plurals - other word games I'd played hadn't included them.
Can I say how very much I enjoy this pastime? I've learned a lot. My mother sadly passed away later in that same September and the game has helped me to keep my mind occupied.
My dad is a retired teacher and we often talk about different words - for example recently the main word was tragedian and is one I hadn't really thought would be a common word, and he often gives me word ideas from a boating perspective (keen fisherman in earlier years) but alas these often aren't common words!
Anyway thanks again. Cheers Jacki
Late blooming azaleas tricked by the warmer weather into flowering

Les303

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 10:55:29 PM »
Hello Jacki,

I would also like to extend a belated welcome to you.

I still struggle with the " bloody plurals " but am improving ever so slightly.

We all love playing Chi for a variety of different reasons, not the least being as you say " to keep your mind occupied ".
And of course there is the added bonus that after you have played all the day's games you can find a lot of further distraction by reading the forum particularly if you engage in the " More or Les " thread.

My sincere condolences on the passing your mother, i lost mine just over 12months ago.

Les 303

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 09:04:15 AM »
Thank you Les, and my sincere condolences regarding your mother. It's funny, my mum was so competitive that we couldn't play Scrabble together - she would complain about the "funny" words I knew! We settled on Yahtzee - the rules are pretty black and white! But I've inherited the competitive streak and Chi helps me to satisfy that some days!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 09:55:53 PM »
Not often I agree with Les  >:D but a very warm welcome, Jacki.  

I see you are already fitting in well with our community and this is great. It adds to the spirit of community if people are willing to share where they come from and even include a picture or avatar (I am pretty sure Les doesn't look anything like his avatar). Many prefer not to share and that is fine, too.  In case you would like to, I have copied instructions from Birdy which she posted a couple of years ago.

Quote from: Birdy

Ages ago I suggested it would be nice to know where forumites live/are from, partly because it's just interesting to see how widespread our group is, and partly because that might show where particular words are considered common or rare.  For those concerned about privacy, it could be just the name of a town/city, or as general as "outside but near Paris."

Quite a few forumites did add their locations, but we have many new people who may not have done so but might like to.

I figured I'd post in this thread in hopes that some of our new forum mates will see it and add their locations under their photos.  CB gave some good instructions on how to do it in an earlier post.

Quote from: cb on January 25, 2011, 05:36:02 AM

To move your location: Click on Profile (dark blue bar above the messages, 4th item in from the left).  On the new window, at the left hand side, find Modify Profile.  Click on the 2nd entry Forum Profile Information.

To upload a pic:  Choose "I will upload my own picture" then use the browse... button to find that picture on your computer.  Alternatively, if you want to use one you already have on the web somewhere, use "I have my own pic" and type in the website address of the pic.

Then in Personal Text type in your location information - this will then show under your picture.

Now click Change Profile at the very bottom of the screen so save the changes you have made.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 08:21:39 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Les303

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 04:23:58 PM »
G'day Jack,

As shocked as I was to hear that you are not always in 100% agreement with everything that I say I guess that is not such a bad thing as it would otherwise be a bit boring.

I was just a little bit amused to find the word roset ( archaic form of rosette ) in Friday's challenge game even though it did not help me in actually achieving a rosette, I just wonder how many others actually played it & had the same thought? (i'm pretty sure that it has come up in previous games as well )

Jacki, (no jack it's not a typo ) i just thought that Jacki might enjoy this link to yahtzee where even though she will be playing against the computer, she might choose to pretend that she is playing with someone else.
https://cardgames.io/yahtzee/

Just backed my fourth winner in a row so having a pretty good arvo especially considering that i took a sickie today.

Bugger, i meant to post this in the More or Les thread, nevermind.

Cheers Les

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 04:27:03 PM by Les303 »

Jacki

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 10:39:56 PM »
Well Les you sound like a kindred spirit. My husband and I are Queenslanders but left because of the humidity. We are from Brisbane/Gold Coast. I play Yahtzee now with my husband nearly daily. Today we had five Yahtzees in one game between us! We keep records like highest score, lowest etc. We have a lot of fun and we like a bet too. Good on you!