Author Topic: Welcome, ridethetalk.  (Read 2781 times)

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
Welcome, ridethetalk.
« on: March 07, 2018, 09:18:43 PM »
Hi, ridethetalk, and welcome to the forum.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Welcome, ridethetalk.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:24:26 PM »
Yes, welcome aboard. Feel free to talk the talk as well as riding it.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:32:40 PM »
I'd like to suggest that yesterday's puzzle should have allowed ablute - to wash; you can allow it after your daily ablutions...  ;D

Yes, welcome Ridethetalk.  I too was tempted to suggested to suggest ablute as it is mentioned in several on-line dictionaries but it didn't rate a mention in the Macquarie Australian Dictionary and so I washed it out of my mine.

I'll get in before Les303 and ask where do you come from Ridethetalk.  No need to be too specific.
Regards, Jack

Les303

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 07:02:58 PM »
It is always a pleasure to welcome a new member into the forum.
Great to see that you have chosen not to sit back & take the free ride but rather have the hidetotalkthetalk, you'll probably tell us now that you are from Kitty Hawk!
(well, I couldn't think of any where else that rhymed.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 07:19:43 PM by Les303 »

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 07:55:12 PM »

(well, I couldn't think of any where else that rhymed.)

New York?

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 08:54:27 PM »
Welcome, ridethetalk. Is this you, by any chance? : http://www.ridethetalk.com.au/

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 02:02:04 PM »
Ozzyjack - I live in Melbourne Australia but originally hail from Glasgow

Welcome, ridethetalk. Is this you, by any chance? : http://www.ridethetalk.com.au/

Yes, this is me - my 2010 mission to try to get some action on climate change. 8,500km of cycling (with a bob trailer and 40kg of gear) around Australia giving talks to communities on energy efficiency (the low hanging fruit when it comes to reducing our carbon emissions).
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 02:25:56 PM »
Ozzyjack - I live in Melbourne Australia but originally hail from Glasgow

Thanks for that ridethetalk.

Both great cities but will have Les stretched to rhyme them. :D

You must have some great stories to tell from your ride and we would love to hear some if you have the time.  Either drop them into More or Les (was bloody Plurals) or start your own thread in Whatever.
Regards, Jack

Les303

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 03:51:47 PM »
G'day John, thanks for satisfying our curiosity & confirming the brilliant detective skills of Rose.

I think that to come up with a rhyme for Melbourne I would need a few days relaxing in a resort town like Shelburne however my cashflow is rather poor at the moment so I am afraid that I would have no hope of coming with anything that even remotely sounds like a rhyme for Glasgow.

Cheers Les

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 09:39:13 PM »
G'day John, thanks for satisfying our curiosity & confirming the brilliant detective skills of Rose.

I think that to come up with a rhyme for Melbourne I would need a few days relaxing in a resort town like Shelburne however my cashflow is rather poor at the moment so I am afraid that I would have no hope of coming with anything that even remotely sounds like a rhyme for Glasgow.

Cheers Les

Les, would Airport West be any easier???  :-P
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

ensiform

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 12:48:32 AM »

Cheers Les

Hell burn?  Eldern?  Well learn?

Jazz go?  Spazz show?

You're right, these are hard.

anona

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 06:18:45 AM »
Govan's where the cars go
That are stolen up in Glasgow ...

Or because the ear is so much more forgiving than the eye, you could probably do something reasonably satisfactory with "cigar smoke" if it were in a song.

Better still: escargot
(Came to mind as I wished my stairlift had a sports mode - it takes 50 seconds to get upstairs!)

How about "well-born" for Melbourne? Or we actually have a town Welborne.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 07:25:27 AM by anona »