Author Topic: Hey all - anyone remember me from years ago?  (Read 4488 times)

jane@manutd

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Hey all - anyone remember me from years ago?
« on: February 20, 2018, 07:40:35 AM »
Hi everybody. I was around in the days of T (TechnoMC), Linda, Birdy, Alonsi, Bobbi, BBB (Threeb?), Alan, and various others who we all used to have a banter with!
Just been dipping in and out of different sites and decided I needed to 'calm' my mind on here after dealing with figures all day! (I'm a Credit Controller).
Since my last update on here when I had 2 grandchildren, I now have 4 of them! The third one is in my profile pic with me.
I'm still mad on football, Man Utd and also MKDons (who are rubbish at the moment!).
How is everyone that I might know from back in the day (2006 onwards)? And a big Hello from me to any new people that don't know me
Jane x
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:57:37 AM by jane@manutd »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: Hey all - anyone remember me from years ago?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 09:50:20 AM »
a big Hello from me to any new people that don't know me

Hello back, Jane. As a relative newbie, I didn’t know you and so I sampled some of your earlier contributions. I expect your return to active duty will not make the forums less lively.  In fact, if you have any more ‘Essex Girl’ jokes, I can see you will stimulate Les, another relative newbie, to respond with his some of his vast repertoire of jokes.

Welcome back
Regards, Jack

Les303

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 10:30:03 AM »
And a big Hello from me to any new people that don't know me
Jane x

Hello Virginia Jane, I've had a quick browse through the forum from 2007 & it seems very obvious that you will be welcomed back with open arms.

Jane, I must warn you that since your last foray into the forum, there are a few new forumites that can be quite belligerent, very sarcastic & although sometimes slightly amusing, they always push the accepted boundaries to their limit.

You will soon discover who they are so I won't list them here. (of course you don't have to worry about me because I would certainly not be on that list )

Welcome back & cheers from Les.

P.S.
The " while you were typing " warning is a great feature " but I always sigh when it appears, as it did on this occasion just when I was about to submit.
A quick look at the new post ( its a reply from Ozzyjack ) which doesn't change anything so I will still submit my post although now I will have to do it via a quote, no problem until I realise that I have forgotten to copy & paste & that is when the " sigh " turns into another four letter word beginning with S.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 10:41:02 AM »
Welcome back, Jane. It's good to hear from you again.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

Les303

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 03:13:30 PM »
Quote from: Les303 on Today at 09:30:03 AM
there are a few new forumites that can be quite belligerent, very sarcastic & although sometimes slightly amusing, they always push the accepted boundaries to their limit.

Quote from ; Ozziejack ;
Had another bad day at work, Les?  Never mind, this will cheer you up.

Jack, your posts are definitely improving, I can only see 3 mistakes in this one.

1. Your reply is in the wrong thread, so just to balance things up, I've done the same.

2. I'm on a day off from work today & the above quote was simply to give Jane a bit of a wind up as to what she can expect on her return to the forum. (probably should have used an emoji  :) )

3. Funny joke & certainly cannot defend the " Reds " as they have been a laughing stock for many seasons now but I do think you made a mistake about the profession of Bluey's father as I am sure that he is actually that transgender bloke who is trying to get a game in the AFL.

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 04:40:25 PM »
Yes indeed.  Welcome back Jane.  I, too, left and returned to the forum.  Maybe for different reasons.  And, thank you Alan and Pat for my re-welcome message.  You are most kind.  I was away when you posted and only found them in the last couple of days.  I'm such a luddite when it comes to technology.  As for what Les said:

there are a few new forumites that can be quite belligerent, very sarcastic & although sometimes slightly amusing, they always push the accepted boundaries to their limit.

I do hope I'm not in any of those categories, Les, especially as I'm a returned newbie.  I really enjoy reading your posts (not to mention those from Ozziejack and Hobbit and everyone else too).  I just don't feel quite as erudite as the rest of the forumites so hence my shyness.
I'll sleep in my next life

Les303

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 05:42:17 PM »
Please be assured that the quote that you refer to was made in jest & there is no list.
It was just another attempt  " to take the mickey out of myself " which seems to have backfired.

So to Jack & other reader who took that post literally, I do apologise.

Oh what a wonderful first impression I have made for Jane.  :-[

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 08:35:13 PM »

Are you still p****d off with me calling you sweetie when you didn't get saccharine?

Les303

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 08:51:44 PM »
Please be assured that the quote that you refer to was made in jest & there is no list.
It was just another attempt  " to take the mickey out of myself " which seems to have backfired.

So to Jack & other reader who took that post literally, I do apologise.

Oh what a wonderful first impression I have made for Jane.  :-[

Seriously Stan, what did you not understand about my previous post , it was all a fabrication which was meant as a joke, the innuendo being that I would have been at the top of that non existent list.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:00:26 PM by Les303 »

rogue_mother

• Eulexic
  • I CAN'T BREATHE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 12:47:24 AM »
Welcome back, Jane! I remember you from the "old days." I was never much of a banterer, but I was more active in the forum back then. I am fully retired now, and other than Chihuahua, Pokémon Go is my life. The Rogue Daughters have never provided me any sons-in-law nor grandchildren, so I enjoy others' vicariously. Birdy still posts now and then. Eventually she will greet you herself, I'm sure. Linda, likewise. Anonsi is still around, too, although less active in the forum than previously. She has married and become a mother. Bobbi still plays, but doesn't participate much in the forum. Haven't seen much of T or BBB in years, though. Binkie disappeared even before you, I think. Roberts used to post some pretty cheeky banter. He doesn't much, anymore, but he and I have an ongoing ten-minute challenge for the Challenge and 10-Letter puzzles (which, as I occasionally post, are open to anyone). Very glad to know you are well.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:44:39 AM by rogue_mother »
Inside the Beltway, Washington, DC metropolitan area

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 01:10:03 AM »
Hi Jane

I certainly do remember you, from the good old hag days!  The forum is not so much fun now that 3B and T seem to have deserted us.  I don't post that much now but still play the games most days.  No grandchildren for me yet but my son is engaged to a beautiful girl so fingers crossed for the patter of tiny feet in the not too distant future although they are more likely to go travelling than start reproducing!

Man U still the team in our household too but think they need to get back to their Ferguson style glory days soonish!!

Hope to speak again soon. x

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 06:33:16 AM »

I'm still mad on football, Man Utd and also MKDons (who are rubbish at the moment!).

Welcome back Jane.
A small point of interest - I live about half a mile from the Dons Stadium as the crow flies.  My work mates & I had our Christmas outing there at Marco Pierre White's joint!  My friend's husband has been regularly going to home matches at the Dons & has been moaning since last season about how awful they've been playing!
Penny
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 11:50:28 AM »
Seriously Stan, what did you not understand about my previous post , it was all a fabrication which was meant as a joke, the innuendo being that I would have been at the top of that non existent list.

Les, you are easy to wind up!  :-L

Les303

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 12:55:31 PM »
Sweet as, Stan.

I do tend to set myself up & as a result, leave myself wide open, so no problem in just copping what I deserve.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 02:51:33 PM »
Les, sorry to try to get a rise out of you.

'Coz you seem to be a very nice bloke,
for a Queenslander.

A lady I was talking to the other day said she had a smart Alec brother, but she thinks most people do. I said I don't, but I think my brothers do!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:55:18 PM by yelnats »