Author Topic: bread  (Read 689 times)

a non-amos

• Glossologian
    • View Profile
bread
« on: February 08, 2018, 03:51:27 PM »
My lovely bride was really good to me on Saturday. She also went along with the purchase of a new car for me (first time ever).

On Sunday I had to do something nice for my lovely bride, so I baked some bread.  There was something like a football game, but I told my friends this matters more.

I found some recipes for egg bread.  This is a heartier variation of white bread.  I also found a variation that makes it into a cinnamon bread.

The magic starts when you decide to do it "home made".  The magic can get much better when you depart from the recipe.  Why only cinnamon?  I have a spice blend I've been tweaking for a few years.  Some friends have called it "Christmas in a bottle".  Why not use that instead of plain old cinnamon?

That went well.  The whole house smelled wonderful.  As the loaves came out of the oven my lovely bride rushed in and asked "What's next; what's the plan?"  I told her that according to conventional wisdom we should let them sit for an hour or two before slicing.  She gave me a look that would have withered a flagpole.

No, I was not serious.  Really?  We tore into that like you wouldn't believe.  A good time was had by all.    :-H
Carpe digitus.
(Roughly translated, this is possibly the world's oldest "pull my finger" joke)