Author Topic: Welcome, kaeru!  (Read 2658 times)

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Welcome, kaeru!
« on: January 05, 2018, 03:14:28 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I see you've already posted a contribution in another topic. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome, kaeru!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:09:59 PM »
Hi kaeru. Welcome from me, too. I now look on the forum as an integral part of my daily Chi fix and hope you enjoy the posts as much as I do. At times, I feel like I actually know the contributors and look forward to seeing their names come up, so I can check what they have to say. Particular mention to Les303, yelnats, birdy, Hobbit, pat, ozzyj......
Moyra
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 05:40:34 PM »
I add my welcome. kaeru, and second the remarks already made.  We appear to have some things in common from your comments in the other forum viz we are both oldies and come from a similar area of the world.  For those unfamiliar with Australian geography, the Southern Highlands is  a small component at the northern end of the Southern Tablelands which extends to the Victorian border and includes the Australian Capital Territory, so it would be a bit of a stretch even in the Australian country context to claim we were neighbors.
Regards, Jack

kaeru

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 10:03:21 PM »
Thank you all, am feeling a part of the Chi community already! Not that I will be very "verbal" here, but I have been reading the forum on and off for some time, enjoying the friendship and shared thoughts and interesting comments, all very pleasant, and friendship makes the world go around.

I live only an hour from Moss Vale in the Southern Highlands.
Kaeru

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 06:54:18 AM »
Auntie Mo I know exactly what you mean. I have a mental picture of all the different Forumites & love the fact that we're all scattered across the globe.  It's an extraordinary thing for which we have Alan to thank.  Everyone feels like an old friend :)
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 11:14:38 AM »
Once upon a time, those of us on the forum mostly included where we were from on the line below our names. 

I encourage the new people to do that.  It doesn't have to be too specific in case anyone worried about ID issues (or your significant other/boss seeing how much time you are spending on the forum). 

I am always curious to see where words are common or rare.

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 10:06:15 AM »
Everyone feels like an old friend  :D

Hopefully not too much emphasis on the 'old'.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 06:34:13 AM »
No Stanley we're all youngsters!  Would you prefer longstanding rather than "old" :laugh:
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 05:23:53 PM »
I used to worry when I looked in the mirror and saw my dad looking back. Now its my grandfather who looks back!

Les303

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 06:07:43 PM »
Stan , you should be grateful that your eyesight is still good enough to see a clear reflection in the mirror.

Calilasseia

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Pass the dissection kit ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 09:41:38 PM »
I used to worry when I looked in the mirror and saw my dad looking back. Now its my grandfather who looks back!

Time to worry when you see one of your distant hominid ancestors staring back at you in the mirror ... I never thought that I would see myself looking like a weatherbeaten Ardipithecus, but one day after forgetting to shave for a few days, that moment arrived ...
Remember: if the world's bees disappear, we become extinct with them ...