Author Topic: 'Sound' problem  (Read 1477 times)

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
'Sound' problem
« on: December 29, 2017, 02:39:42 AM »
I know the sounds can be a bit temperamental from time to time but I have a new problem at the moment which affects both sites - the sound switches off as I move from puzzle to puzzle. If I switch it on in puzzle 1, I get the clicking noise as the tiles hit the rack, but when I change to another puzzle there's no 'panting' as the puzzle loads. Lo and behold, the sound has switched itself off. It seems to be affecting both my desktop and my iPad. Anyone else got the same problem?

anona

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: 'Sound' problem
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 08:48:38 AM »
I always play with the sound off.

I switched it on, entered a few words in the Challenge then moved on to the 10-letter. The sound worked the same in both; so, sorry Pat, can't help.

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 12:00:01 PM »
Pat, have you tried clicking / tapping the Reset button? Do that, then turn the sound on and refresh the scoreboard while on the same puzzle. (If you change the sound setting as the last action you take at a particular puzzle, your change won't be saved.)

If that doesn't solve your problem let me know. I can fix it by changing the database directly, but that shouldn't be necessary.

I probably should change the way sound preferences are recorded anyway. It doesn't make sense to have the same setting for a player on every device - you might want sound on your PC and silence on your tablet, or vice versa.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

pat

• Eulexic
  • Rugby, England.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 08:32:56 PM »
Thanks, Alan, that worked. I've never had to do it before, though. One of those mysterious gremlins that show up from time to time I guess.

Regarding your last comment, I use sound on the PC but not on the iPad, simply because the latter doesn't seem to be able to cope with it at the start of a puzzle when words are being entered at a lick.