Author Topic: ALAN, HAPPY CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR  (Read 3074 times)

yelnats

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
    • Burke Rd billabong reserve & Friends of Herring Island
Re: ALAN, HAPPY CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 10:31:40 PM »
Dear Alan

Thanks for your computer wizardry in bringing this wonderful game to all of us every day.  I just love it and my day would not be complete without playing at least the standard puzzle.  Mike, I can't imagine how you coped in Thailand without your daily fix of chi!  

I recently had internet outages for about 6 - 8 hours most days over about a week and what amazed me was that I could still play chihuahua. I asked Alan how he did it (off forum) and he has explained that it can preload games for regular players, so Mike, if you take the same device that you use at home away with you, you may be able to play a number of games.

Alan doesn't just have wizardry, but pure genius (and this from someone who wrote 4 and maintains 5 websites).

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2017, 12:07:31 AM »
In fact, in the North-East of Thailand, I'm not entirely without Internet; I can access Chi through my smartphone;
however I can't normally be bothered to play a full game that way; I sometimes jot down the letters and play the 'old-fashioned' way with a paper and pencil; sometimes I stop after finding the 'big word'.
Whatever, I'm seldom without my daily 'fix'.

birdy

• Eulexic
  • Brooklyn, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2018, 05:55:39 PM »
Belated but sincere good wishes for the new year, Alan. Chihuahua and its forum have been two of the good parts of my years since I joined some years ago.