Author Topic: Error 404  (Read 1252 times)

tpc

• Logologist
    • View Profile
Error 404
« on: December 05, 2017, 02:54:13 AM »
Been trying to check a word before suggesting it be changed to from rare to common.  No problems loading and checking the list from 2013 - present, but keep getting error 404 when tring to load the 2007-2012 list. Anyone else having this problem? Reported to AW a few days ago. Using Chrome on an IPad 3.

nineoaks

• Word-meister
  • Florence, Oregon
    • View Profile
Re: Error 404
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 05:11:40 AM »
Dear tpc,

After reading your post, I tried this and got the same result. As I am possibly the least computer literate player here, I have no suggestion--we'll just have to wait for the Wizard of Oz to give us the answer.

nineoaks

tpc

• Logologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 12:46:40 PM »
Thanks nineoaks, the word in question was lumen -- now that the puzzle is closed. Most light bulb packages in US are now rated in lumens, as I'm sure you know. 

Alan W

• Administrator
  • Eulexic
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 12:59:24 PM »
Tpc, I did reply to your email. Seems like it went astray. (You sent it from someone else's email account - maybe they have the reply.)

Anyhow, the situation is that the one page now covers all available information about changes to the word list, past and proposed. This includes all words added since Chihuahua started in 2005 and all changes between common and rare since 2013. For earlier common/rare changes, you can try a forum search. Not all those earlier changes were discussed in the forum, but for your purposes that's not a problem.

As far as I can tell the Chihuahua web site does not still have any link to the page that used to cover 2007 to 2012. But what I have now realised (in a high-lumen light bulb moment) is that the post pinned to the top of the Words board still had two separate links. I've now updated that. Sorry for the confusion.
Alan Walker
Creator of Lexigame websites

nineoaks

• Word-meister
  • Florence, Oregon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 02:37:43 AM »
Thank you, Alan.