Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 876980 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #11205 on: July 01, 2024, 11:00:31 PM »
Hi Jack. We're enjoying our holiday in spite of the weather! No sunbathing  :laugh: We've been on an open topped bus to Conwy this morning. Very bracing!!
Had trouble with the hotel internet & got locked out of the Forum. Thankfully Alan came to my rescue  :) I'll do a proper post later in the week when home.
Pen x
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: July 04, 2024, 08:58:31 PM »
Hi Pen,

The Cleveland mob got home safely this morning.

Blue told me he had a phone call from a very nice young chap from the subcontinent. This is how it went:

"Hello sir, how are you today?"
"Great, mate. How are you? And, WHO are you?"
"Sir, my name is Sanjit, and I'm calling you from Microsoft".
"Microsoft, that's a city in Pakistan isn' it? How's the bloody weather there?"
" No, sir - MICROSOFT, the computer company. I'm calling to tell you that we have found a problem with your computer and -"
"REALLY?? Well, that's a bugger......"
"Yes sir, it can become very serious indeed, but thankfully I will be able to fix it for you. Now, if you -"
"No, It's a bugger because I don't HAVE a computer".
"You don't?"
"Nuh"
"Ahh, it must be a problem on your laptop sir -"
"Don't have one".
"Ipad?"
"Nope".
"Tablet?"
"Nope, I've got none of those things. I don't even have a bloody telephone".
..............."Ah, sir, you are lying to me now!"
"Well, you started it, Mate!!"

and Blue hung up.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 02:46:07 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11207 on: July 05, 2024, 12:03:00 AM »

The Cleveland mob got home safely this morning.

Blue told me he had a phone call from a very nice young chap from the subcontinent. This is how it went:

Hi Jack

Very pleased to hear the Cleveland mob are safely home.  Are they all a bit jet lagged?  I do hope not.

Eve and I got home late yesterday afternoon. Our journey involved three trains. The first one stopped at every station between Llandudno and Chester but we enjoyed the sea views along the way.  We had to wait for over an hour in Crewe for the final train.

We managed to pack a lot into four days.  We visited Gwydir Castle which was amazing and very atmospheric. They do bed & breakfast but I'm not sure I'd want to stay there as it's very spooky!  There are loads of peacocks roaming the gardens.  We also re-visted Conwy Castle and Caernarfon Castle.  Our train journey up Mount Snowdon was a bit pointless as visibility reduced to almost zero halfway up.  You couldn't see your hand in front of your face  :laugh: The driver had to keep stopping because the sheep plonked themselves in the middle of the track  :laugh: We returned to Portmeirion and once again it was raining.  Thankfully it was just a bit of mizzle but some sunshine would have been good. They took us to Anglesey on the last day and we visited Plas Cadnant hidden gardens.  It's beautiful and thankfully the weather was fine.  We enjoyed a ride on the Ffestiniog railway - with a steam engine of course.  We laughed all the way to Conwy on the open topped bus.  Needless to say we travelled downstairs on the return journey.  We had a smashing time and it's gone in a flash. 

A quick rebus as I've still got a few chores to do.  This is a character from a play by a famous Welshman.

#5 #7 #3 #3

You need the character on the right in picture two - not his name! Please use the first three letters of picture four.  We're all on one line.

By
5 (#3 + #2) #6

Two homophones and proper first name of gent in picture three.

A bonus point if you can name the play.

Blue really tickled me.  If only you could think of that when these idiots call  :laugh:  >:D

That's all from me.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 12:05:24 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: July 05, 2024, 04:33:21 AM »
Are they all a bit jet lagged? 

A bonus point if you can name the play.

Hi Pen,

I imagine they would be.  Apart from a brief message, we didn't hear any more.  As they got in at 5 am I imagine they slept most of the day.  We expect to catch up with them today or tomorrow.

Do I get my point for "under the perrenial tree"?

Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: July 05, 2024, 11:03:28 PM »

Do I get my point for "under the perrenial tree"?

Hi Jack

It's a rainy grey day here today  :(  I nipped out for a quick walk in between the showers.

You do of course get your bonus point  ;)

I'm a bit short of time today. I've got a friend coming round in an hour.  Just a quickie from me today! It's a TV series from about 30 odd years ago.  It may well be a repeat so I may have to offer up an apology  :laugh:

#3 2 #3 #3

Where might you find picture one?  Please use three consecutive letters from the city or use three consecutive letters from the thing itself!  Please lose the last letter of picture two and change the last letter of picture three.  Position is vitally important.

Customer: "Waiter, waiter, what’s this fly doing in my soup?"
The waiter leans forward to get a better look.
Waiter: “Looks like the backstroke, sir.”

Leave you with the naffest joke I could find  ;D

« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 11:05:10 PM by Hobbit »

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: July 05, 2024, 11:56:26 PM »
We had a smashing time and it's gone in a flash.

Glad you had a great time, Pen and it's good to have you back.  So relieved you didn't fall off the Great Orme!
It was absolutely pouring down last time I was at Portmeirion but it's such a lovely place and it has a miniature railway (always a plus for me!)
Glad you're home safely.  Bet you're going to have a glass or two of pink tonight and maybe a Midsomer?!  >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: July 06, 2024, 03:56:59 AM »
Just a quickie from me today! It's a TV series from about 30 odd years ago. 

Hi Pen,

As I used to say, a quickie is better than none at all.

Particularly, when the answer is one of my favorite TV shows from the past.  I have found where I can get free viewing but I may have to put up with ads.

Tne Cleveland mob visited us yesterday morning bringing birthday presents, birthday cake and lot of stories of their travels.

No pictures but news that Ruby, despite her inexperience, is a dedicated mum devoted to her 6 pups.

Morpheus calls so I will leave you with

Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: July 06, 2024, 04:28:02 AM »

As I used to say, a quickie is better than none at all.

Particularly, when the answer is one of my favorite TV shows from the past.  I have found where I can get free viewing but I may have to put up with ads.

Tne Cleveland mob visited us yesterday morning bringing birthday presents, birthday cake and lot of stories of their travels.

No pictures but news that Ruby, despite her inexperience, is a dedicated mum devoted to her 6 pups.

Hi Again Jack

How right you are  >:D  :laugh:

It is a great programme and I'm going to see if it's available to watch here.  Preferably without the ads  :laugh:  They are very infuriating.

Pleased to hear you enjoyed further birthday celebrations.  I bet they had a wonderful holiday  :)

It's good news that Ruby's embracing motherhood.  I look forward to some pictures of the pups.  Talking of pictures, I was in such a hurry earlier I forgot to say what a smashing picture of Bonnie  :)

I'm going to give the little grey cell a small workout and then find a film to watch.  I have a bottle of pink muck chilling nicely in the fridge for ron  :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11213 on: July 07, 2024, 12:58:41 PM »
I was in such a hurry earlier I forgot to say what a smashing picture of Bonnie  :)\

Hi Pen,

It was Bonnie’s 4th Birthday yesterday.  I posted that picture of her on facebook wishing her siblings a happy birthday.  The response was a picture of each of her siblings.  The one that pleased us the most was Dusty getting his tummy tickled.
 He was obviously relaxed and happy.

Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11214 on: July 07, 2024, 11:44:38 PM »

It was Bonnie’s 4th Birthday yesterday.  I posted that picture of her on facebook wishing her siblings a happy birthday.  The response was a picture of each of her siblings.  The one that pleased us the most was Dusty getting his tummy tickled.
 He was obviously relaxed and happy.

Hi Jack

I can't believe Bonnie's 4 already!  Where does the time go?  How lovely to see Dusty enjoying life and thoroughly chilled out  :)

My offering today is the book that Zoe's currently got her nose buried in  :laugh:

9 (#2 + #1 + #3 + #3)

Please lose the first two letters of picture one.  You just need the first letter of picture two.  Please lose the last two letters of picture four and it's all on one line.

By

7 (#4 + #3) 8 (#4 + #4)

One homophone and please use the last three letters of picture two.  Not much else to add!

That's all from me.  Thought this was worth a repeat... ;D

« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 11:49:05 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: July 08, 2024, 04:52:45 AM »
Hi Pen,

Clever rebuses.  I liked his Sharpe's series.  I think I read most of them.

A bit of fun to keep you going until I think of something sensible to say.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 06:33:46 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: July 08, 2024, 02:37:03 PM »
Hi again, Pen

My Rebus is a novel written by a female Author. The story is set in the 1870s, around the time novelist was a young girl. It was unfinished at the time of her death in 1937, and published in that form in 1938. After some time, another female author finished the novel, following the original author's detailed outline, in 1993.

Word 1 (3)  -Remove the first 3 and last letters of Picture 1.

Word 2

Component 1 (3) -  Remove the last 6 letters of Picture 2.
Component 2 (3) -  Picture 3.
Component 3 (4) -  Discard the first letter of Picture 4.

Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11217 on: July 08, 2024, 09:28:17 PM »

My Rebus is a novel written by a female Author.

Hi Jack

Well I'm back at work and had a really busy morning on fracture clinic and willing the hands of the clock round to lunchtime  :laugh:

That was a cracking rebus - a welcome distraction from the mayhem  :)

An easy peasy rebus from me as I'm a bit busy!  It's a film of a similar vintage to me and a book.

#3 #3 #5

Please lose the first and last letter of picture one.  Same for picture two please lose the first and last letters of the character on the left.  One homophone and we're all on one line.

That's it from me.  Nearly lunchtime thank goodness.  I've got an egg and tomato sarnie with my name on it  :-H

This tickled me!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: July 08, 2024, 10:38:09 PM »
One homophone

Hi Pen,

I make it two homophones - I think you need one for word 2 as well as word 3.

Quote from: Michelle, one of Bonnie's dogwalwakers
Happy 4th birthday Beautiful Bonnie!
A wish for Dusty, her brother as well, who moved away awhile back but still gets thought of often ❤️🐕🐾

Regards, Jack
ozzyjack@hotmail.com

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11219 on: July 09, 2024, 04:53:57 AM »

Same for picture two please lose the first and last letters of the character on the left.  One homophone and we're all on one line.

I make it two homophones - I think you need one for word 2 as well as word 3.

Quote from: Michelle,
Happy 4th birthday Beautiful Bonnie!

Hi Jack

I'm very knacked  :-Y  A very long busy day.  Going to conk out in front of the telly shortly!

I'm so sorry I made a boob  :(  My instructions should have read same for picture two please lose the first and last letters of the character on the right.  I got distracted and didn't check it properly before I posted.  I led you up the garden path  :-R

Another gorgeous picture of Bonnie - thanks  :-*

Penx