Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 871004 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #11085 on: May 27, 2024, 04:06:20 AM »

Great Rebus.  Is this enough to get a bonus point?

Thanks Jack  :)  As I'm in a generous mood I'm tempted to award you two bonus points for that  ;)

No work tomorrow as it's bank holiday so I'm going to search for a few words then find a film to watch  :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 09:36:28 PM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11086 on: May 27, 2024, 09:35:19 PM »
G'day Jack

Not too bad here at the moment.  I've been for my constitutional as more rain is forecast after lunch.  We'll have webbed feet soon  :-R

I'm sticking with the theme for today's offering.  It's a novel by another lady crime writer. English this time.

#2 #4 11 (#5 + 2 +4)

First full name of character in picture one and surname of gent in picture two. Lump them together. Please lose the third letter and lob in an apostrophe. Make a homophone of picture four and position is vitally important.  Another bonus point if you can name the author.  :laugh:  >:D

Five Englishmen in an Audi Quattro roll up to an Irish border checkpoint. Paddy, the officer, halts them and sternly declares, "It's illegal to cram five people into a Quattro. 'Quattro' means four."
The driver, incredulous, retorts, "Quattro is just the name of the car! Check your facts: it's designed for five."
"You can't pull that one on me," replies Paddy. "Quattro means four. You've got five folks in there; it's against the law."
The driver, now irate, demands, "Get your supervisor! I need someone with more common sense!"
Paddy quips back, "Sorry, Murphy's busy dealing with two blokes in a Fiat Uno.

Time for some lunch & a cuppa  :-H 

« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 09:41:29 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11087 on: May 27, 2024, 11:48:26 PM »
I'm sticking with the theme for today's offering.  It's a novel by another lady crime writer. English this time.  Another bonus point if you can name the author.  :laugh:  >:D

The novel is the twenty-fourth title in the author's bestselling series about a DCI.  Actually, he has retired in this novel.  If I had a better memory, I am sure I could win that bonus point.  ;)

Ruby had an ultrasound today and it confirmed she is pregnant.

Other good news is that Bonnie is expecting her favourite pack member to fly in on Wednesday.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11088 on: May 28, 2024, 04:14:00 AM »

The novel is the twenty-fourth title in the author's bestselling series about a DCI.  Actually, he has retired in this novel.  If I had a better memory, I am sure I could win that bonus point.  ;)

Ruby had an ultrasound today and it confirmed she is pregnant.

Other good news is that Bonnie is expecting her favourite pack member to fly in on Wednesday.

That's two bits of good news Jack  :)  Bonnie (and June and yourself  :laugh:) will be delighted come Wednesday.  How long will Andrew be staying?

There's nowt wrong with your memory.  It's possibly a bit like your hearing - very selective  >:D  :laugh:  I'll give you the bonus point anyway as you've earned it  ;)

Work for me tomorrow.  A lovely short week as I'm off again Wednesday.  Barbs and I are going to visit Gill (my former work friend) - we'll be ladies wot lunch  :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11089 on: May 29, 2024, 12:10:08 AM »
Hi Jack

A very busy day so far.  I'm past half way so it's downhill now til home time  :laugh:

A quick and easy rebus today.  It's what one of my colleagues said to me earlier on.

#5 #3 #2 #5

Please use the first three letters of picture two.  One homonyn and it's all on one line.  Don't think you'll need any help with the last picture.

Kylie told me that Uncle Blue's mate Bruce enjoys a game of golf.  Last Friday Bruce knew that his boss would be out of the office for the day.  He transferred all calls into the business phone to his mobile and headed off with his clubs for a crafty round with his buddy Shane. 
Bruce was just teeing off at the eleventh hole when his phone rang.  It was Malcolm his boss who asked  "How's everything going?"  Bruce smiled and said "Ripper!" 
Malcolm replied "Well get a bloody move on will you - I'm in the foursome behind you!"

Leave you with a naff joke and this which tickled me  :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 12:16:33 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11090 on: May 29, 2024, 01:07:20 AM »
A quick and easy rebus today.  It's what one of my colleagues said to me earlier on.

I assume your colleague got the idea from the title of a novel by Stephen Purvis

How long will Andrew be staying?
Work for me tomorrow.  A lovely short week as I'm off again Wednesday. 
Barbs and I are going to visit Gill

Andrew stay will depend on some obligations he has in Canberra.

If I could get a job where I only worked one day a week, I might try and get back in the work force,   >:D >:D  Ok, I don't believe it either.

Will you be lunching at the Roade House cafe?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 01:10:43 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11091 on: May 29, 2024, 04:23:02 AM »

I assume your colleague got the idea from the title of a novel by Stephen Purvis

If I could get a job where I only worked one day a week, I might try and get back in the work force,   >:D >:D  Ok, I don't believe it either.

Will you be lunching at the Roade House cafe?

Hi Again Jack

You are quite correct about the book though I very much doubt if the colleague in question has read it!

I honestly can't see you wanting to return to work any time soon   >:D  :laugh:

We wont be lunching at the Roade House cafe as it's closed temporarily for a few days.  We're meeting in Stoke Bruerne and will probably be lunching in either The Navigation or the Boat Inn.  There's also a cafe there so we'll be spoilt for choice.

That was one of the best Pickles ever - hilarious.  It made me laugh out loud and I nearly spat my tea out  :laugh: 

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11092 on: May 29, 2024, 02:04:38 PM »
Hi Pen,

My rebus today is a suggestion for another way you could have travelled today.

Word 1 (5).  Picture 1
Word 2 (5).  Picture 2.  Replace the first vowel with a different vowel.
Word 3 (5).  Picture 3.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11093 on: May 30, 2024, 04:25:52 AM »

My rebus today is a suggestion for another way you could have travelled today.

Hi Jack

We had a very enjoyable outing today :)  A yummy lunch in the Boat Inn was followed by a lovely walk.  We returned to the pub and scoffed ice cream.  We finished up at Gill's place in Roade for a cuppa.

If we'd followed your recommendation and travelled that way from Fenny Stratford to Stoke Bruerne it would have taken about eight hours  :laugh: and then of course we'd have to factor in the return trip!  I think we'd still be chugging along and I'm not sure any of us would have been much cop at dealing with the locks  :laugh:

I'll return with a proper post tomorrow  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 04:28:23 AM by Hobbit »

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11094 on: May 30, 2024, 08:56:42 PM »
Ciao Pen, I'm back!  Bet you missed me! 
What a beautiful city Bologna is, I would recommend it.  Fantastic food, friendly people, great shops and just beautiful buildings.  Porticoes by the mile.  Weather was hot and sunny apart from one hour when we had an absolute downpour with a little thunder (you'd have loved it!) which then cleared up as suddenly as it started and back to blazing sunshine again.  Took a train to Ferrara (pretty) and one to Padua - again, pretty but boiling hot so had to consume many gelatos and vino to keep cool! I could go on about beautiful Bologna but it's a bit like sharing your holiday photos ....
Back to a cooler Cumbria now with loads of washing to do - worst part of going on holiday, I think! 
Hope all well with you.  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11095 on: May 30, 2024, 09:24:35 PM »
Hi Jack

I'd forgotten that I've got an appointment at the opticians for an eye test this afternoon so it's going to be a speedy post from me today!

I'm hoping the rain will have stopped after lunch so I can walk into town.  Parking in Bletchley town centre is iffy.  If I decide to drive down and look for somewhere to park

#3 #2 #9 #2 1 #3 #4

A

Present tense for picture three please.  You need to turn picture five upside down!  Two homophones and please lob an apostrophe in where necessary.  We're all on one line.

That's all from me.  Better grab a bite to eat and a cuppa.  This tickled me  :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11096 on: May 30, 2024, 09:34:39 PM »
Ciao Pen, I'm back!  Bet you missed me! 

Hope all well with you.  >:D

Hi Linda.  I have definitely missed you - it's been far too quiet around here this last week  >:D  :laugh:

It sounds wonderful  :)  I'm quite jealous  :laugh:  Especially all those gelatos and vino.  Very glad I missed the thunderstorm!  We had a couple of rumbles on bank holiday Monday.

It's been pouring here this morning.  Fingers crossed it stays fine this afternoon.

You're right - the worst part of the holiday is coming home and unpacking and facing a big heap of washing  :(  Hopefully you'll have some nice sunny breezy weather and you can peg it out.

I'm ticking along as usual.  Not much excitment.  I've got to scoff a corned beef and tomato sarnie and then get moving!

It's great to have you back  :)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11097 on: May 31, 2024, 12:27:53 AM »
Hi Pen - It's a sunny, breezy day here and have managed to peg out two lots of holiday washing and got them dried and ironed! 

Good luck with the optician - I went recently and hate that puff thing that makes you blink.  I've got bloody hygienist on Monday - absolutely hate it even though she is very gentle.  Have an array of interdental brushes but forgot to take on holiday (why would you take them anyway?) so she might tell me off - she can please herself - and then charge me sixty odd quid for the pleasure!

I had corned beef and tomato for my lunch too.  Makes a change from pasta and mortadella ham.  Bit sad I've no gelato for dessert but I think I might have some Haagen Dazs strawberry cheesecake ice cream in the freezer so that will have to do. 

Must go and stake the aquilegias as they've all flopped over and look a right mess.  Ciao  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11098 on: May 31, 2024, 02:40:00 AM »
That's a good result Linda  :)  Great to get loads of washing done, dried, ironed and put away.  Makes you feel better!

The optician wasn't too bad.  I hate that puffy thing as well.  He did say I've got the beginning of a cataract in my left eye  :(  On a scale of 1/10 it's only a 1 at the moment and shouldn't give me any trouble for a couple of years at least.  Fingers crossed.  I drove into town but had to park at Lidl's as there's little or no parking in the town centre. It's about a 15 minute walk. Of course halfway back to the car the heavens opened up.  I was soaked by the time I got back to my car  :laugh:

I visited the hygienist last week strangely enough!  It wasn't too bad but I have to return for another going over in 3 months.  My friend Gill, who I met up with yesterday, saw the hygienist recently.  She said the woman was awful and extremely rude to her.  I told her to find a new dental surgery.  It's not good enough.  Gill's a gentle soul who wouldn't knowingly upset anybody.

I think you need stock up on the gelato supplies in your freezer  >:D  Go shopping tomorrow!  I'm just going to have fish and chips  :-H  I've got a little tub of Haagen Dazs for pud  :laugh:

Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11099 on: May 31, 2024, 06:23:56 PM »
Hi Pen,

I can't make a well-known idiom out of your rebus.  The first four words are obvious  but I can't make anything out of the last two words that seem appropriate.
Regards, Jack