Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 871065 times)

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #10560 on: January 29, 2024, 02:00:12 AM »
Hi Tony
I will get hubby to look into that idea but we don't have the machine "in" a cupboard. It is free standing next to a free standing drier and additionally the floor is hollow (I go up one step to enter the utility). Our house is modern but quirky. It is however up for sale and I pray for a kitchen with a "pen" for the machine and a nice solid floor in the next home!
Christine

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10561 on: January 29, 2024, 02:03:28 AM »
Jacket spud for tea later.  Thought it would make a change as I haven't had one for yonks!

I have just prepared a delicious (hopefully) shepherd's pie for tea.  Made enough to feed four even though there's only two of us!  :-H

I will ask hubby to unplug flaming machine from wall - I can't do it as it's sort of set in to the units and takes some brute force to get to the back of it.  At this rate I will be taking the washing down to the river and bashing it against the rocks although it would be just my luck for my undies to float off downstream!  Not a pretty sight!

Sun has gone in and it's on the coolish side here now so will sit and admire my bookcase (well at least the first three shelves) instead of going for a walk.  Call the Midwife on tonight.  Bit mawkish but it's okay for a Sunday night programme.  If only medical care was as easy to access these days.   :(

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10562 on: January 29, 2024, 02:08:27 AM »
Hi Jack

I'm enjoying a lovely lazy Sunday.  Makes a nice change to get some decent weather after all the rain and hurricanes of the last week or two.

My puzzle today is an episode of a series which both Linda and I are very partial to.

#3 2 #2 #4 #4

You need an alternative (5 letter) word for picture one and use the first and last letters. Please use the first name of gent in picture three and change the first letter.  How could you describe all the stuff in picture four?  Please lose the third letter and re-arrange what you have left.  One homophone and position is vitally important.

I'm going to have a cuppa and contemplate work tomorrow  ;D

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10563 on: January 29, 2024, 02:25:52 AM »

I have just prepared a delicious (hopefully) shepherd's pie for tea.  Made enough to feed four even though there's only two of us!  :-H

I will ask hubby to unplug flaming machine from wall - I can't do it as it's sort of set in to the units and takes some brute force to get to the back of it.  At this rate I will be taking the washing down to the river and bashing it against the rocks although it would be just my luck for my undies to float off downstream!  Not a pretty sight!

Sun has gone in and it's on the coolish side here now so will sit and admire my bookcase (well at least the first three shelves) instead of going for a walk.  Call the Midwife on tonight.  Bit mawkish but it's okay for a Sunday night programme.  If only medical care was as easy to access these days.   :(

Very jealous Linda.  I love shepherd's pie  :-H  If I set off now I might just make it in time to help you eat it!

The thought of you chasing your (M&S?) knickers down the river conjures up an hilarious image :laugh: It has to be worth persuading hubby to unplug the washing machine.  He might chunter a bit but you never know it might work.

I used to watch Call the Midwife but I stopped a while back.  I think they killed off the main character on whom the original book was based.  Bit daft really because I used to really enjoy it.  How right you are about the lack of any medical care now  :(

Have you watched Stephen Fry presenting Jeopardy?  The jury's still out for me.  I can't decide if I like it or not.  I find some of the contestants quite irritating.

Enjoy the top three shelves of your bookcase  :laugh:

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10564 on: January 29, 2024, 02:42:38 AM »
Have you watched Stephen Fry presenting Jeopardy?  The jury's still out for me.  I can't decide if I like it or not.  I find some of the contestants quite irritating.

I have, Pen and surprisingly I am like you.  Can't decide whether I like it or not.  Thought it was pretty dire at first and even though I like Stephen Fry, I didn't think he was quite right as host - not a patch on his QI presenting.  A recent contestant (boy/girl) really irritated me to the point where I was rooting for him/her to lose!  I think the first series has ended now and it will be interesting to see whether there will be a second one.

Re my knickers - M & S - naturally!

Not long until tea time now.  You'd best get your skates on if you're to stand any chance of scraping the bottom of the dish. :-H  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10565 on: January 29, 2024, 04:04:31 AM »

I have, Pen and surprisingly I am like you.  Can't decide whether I like it or not.  Thought it was pretty dire at first and even though I like Stephen Fry, I didn't think he was quite right as host - not a patch on his QI presenting.  A recent contestant (boy/girl) really irritated me to the point where I was rooting for him/her to lose!  I think the first series has ended now and it will be interesting to see whether there will be a second one.

Not long until tea time now.  You'd best get your skates on if you're to stand any chance of scraping  bottom of the dish. :-H  >:D

Quelle surprise Linda!  I too like Stephen Fry and totally agree that he was brilliant on QI.  I don't know why but I don't really warm to Sandy Toksvig.  Just not the same.  Would the contestant to which you refer have hailed from Milton Keynes by any chance? He/she saluted during the introduction at the beginning.  I actually had to switch it off in the end because they were grating on my nerves so much  >:(  Was very pleased when he/she got knocked out  >:D

I love scraping the slightly charred crispy bits from round the dish of the shepherd's pie.  Now I'm really hungry and very envious  :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10566 on: January 29, 2024, 05:15:42 AM »
Hi Pen,
I had this post part-prepared yesterday afternoon. I just woke up and need a bit more kip so I will send it as it is

I wouldn’t start your first sushi adventure with this.

Here is your fix.

And some variety for a change

And I’ll leave you with

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10567 on: January 29, 2024, 06:27:17 AM »

I just woke up and need a bit more kip so I will send it as it is

I wouldn’t start your first sushi adventure with this.

And some variety for a change

Hi Jack

No I'm definitely not tempted by the sushi   :laugh:

Your variety tickled me - especially the spider in the dress  :laugh:

I'm going to search for a few words and then finish off the last glass of my Squealing Pig sauv blanc  :)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10568 on: January 29, 2024, 08:33:44 PM »
Would the contestant to which you refer have hailed from Milton Keynes by any chance?

The very same! Glad to see the back of him/her.

Again, surprisingly, I agree with you about Sandi Toksvig.  She errs on the irritating side, too.

Shepherds pie was tres delish - sorry you didn't make it to scrape off the crunchy bits!  I did keep a portion back but then when you didn't arrive we had to eat it - be criminal not to! 

Raining here today but at least it's warmed up a bit.  Have a lovely day!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10569 on: January 29, 2024, 10:19:18 PM »

The very same! Glad to see the back of him/her.

Again, surprisingly, I agree with you about Sandi Toksvig.  She errs on the irritating side, too.

Shepherds pie was tres delish - sorry you didn't make it to scrape off the crunchy bits!  I did keep a portion back but then when you didn't arrive we had to eat it - be criminal not to! 

Raining here today but at least it's warmed up a bit.  Have a lovely day!  >:D

It never fails to tickle me how similarly we think!

I'm sorry I missed the shepherd's pie :cry:  Making me hungry just thinking about it.

No rain here yet but definitely a bit warmer. I suspect your day will be considerably lovelier than mine!  It's been very busy so far and it's still nearly an hour and a half to lunch  :(

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10570 on: January 30, 2024, 02:43:16 AM »

That was the only easy clue in your rebus.  Well done.  I take it the cat wasn't a pedigree.

This is the rebus I was too tired to do earlier. 

And I’ll leave the women who read this with

Hi Jack

I've had an exceedingly busy morning in the main department and I've skulked off to fracture clinic and hoping for a gentler afternoon.  Doubt it'll happen but you never know.

You were correct in your assumption about the cat. I enjoyed your rebus.  It took me several goes to get it right.  I got distracted by lawnmowers  :laugh:

My rebus is a film which pre-dates yours by about 10 years.  I may have used it before in which case I apologise unreservedly and hope that it's different from before  :laugh:

7 (#4 + #3) 3 #3 #4

&
Please use the first four letters (of seven) of picture one and the first three letters of the first name of the gent in picture two.  Please use three consecutive letters from picture three and lose the first and third letter of picture four.  We're all on one line.
Sorry just noticed my last picture had vanished!  Replaced it with a different one.

A married couple in their early 60s were out celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant.
Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table and said, “For being a model married couple and for being faithful to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish. “Ooh, I want to cruise around the world with my darling husband.” said the wife.
The fairy waved her magic stick and – abracadabra! – two tickets for the new Queen Mary luxury liner appeared in her hands.
Now it was the husbands turn. He thought for a moment and said: “Well this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this only occurs once in a lifetime, so, I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.”
The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish… So the fairy made a circle with her magic stick and -abracadabra! – the husband became 92 years old.
The moral of this story: “Fairies are definitely female.”

Leave you with my naff joke du jour and this... my response to your closing picture  :laugh:  :laugh:  >:D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 06:20:13 AM by Hobbit »

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10571 on: January 30, 2024, 08:35:07 PM »
I was just about to say that I couldn't see it, Jack, and then he turned!  Very clever!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10572 on: January 30, 2024, 11:19:59 PM »

I've just had a lovely lunch of sushi and sashimi while watching a trip through the Cotswolds with Pam Ayers.

I’m glad picture one of your rebus wasn’t a bum steer.  :D

Stick with it - it works

Hi Jack

If you swap the sushi and sashimi for a cheese and pickle sarnie that sounds perfect >:D  I love Pam Ayers - funny and down to earth.  Most of the Cotswolds is very pictureskew as my Mum used to say  :laugh:

Yes you're right of course.  Picture one was a bum steer  >:D  I was trying not to be too obvious.  I did think about using this...

but thought that would be of use to neither man nor beast (I'm channeling both my parents today!!)

Your second Pickles was hilarious  :laugh:

I've stared at your man for ages but nowt happens :(  Wonder if it's something to do with my lazy eye.  Think I've said before but I can't use the 3D glasses they used to hand out in the picture years ago.  They don't work for me.

I'm cold and hungry - roll on lunchtime. 
Ham and tomato today Linda.  You off to work this after?

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10573 on: January 31, 2024, 10:45:22 PM »

The word is arvo.

G'day Jack

Howzitgarn?  You'd think after all these years I could converse fluently in your native tongue  >:D  :laugh:

I'm loving the something different  :laugh: Which I could find something out of the ordinary!

Just a flying visit from me as it's nearly lunch time.  I'm off to fracture clinic this arvo  ;)  If it's not too busy I'll return.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10574 on: February 01, 2024, 06:54:53 PM »
Howzitgarn?  You'd think after all these years I could converse fluently in your native tongue

Hi Pen,

You’re doing a ripper job of talkin’ like an Aussie, but the lingo we use to say most things is only fair dinkum for those born here. I reckon it might be a bonza idea for me to keep pretendin’ I’m a match for a flash, smooth Pom even if I don’t quite pull it off. I’ve even had a crack at talkin’ like a Yorkshireman, but it was as useless as tits on a bull.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 04:56:27 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack