Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 871032 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #10530 on: January 22, 2024, 01:29:55 PM »
Hi Pen,

I can tell from your private message that the storm that soaked you getting from car to house couldn’t put a dampener (no pun intended) on a great evening.

We saw Andrew  off back to Canberra this morning.

I told myself that I must get motivated to do a rebus and try to carry a bit of the load you have been carrying so well.  I hope the subject of my puzzle is not a psychological message.  I got the movie title from a list of the worst movies of all time.  Released in 2001, it won 5 Golden Raspberry Awards: Worst Picture, Worst Actor, Worst Director, Worst Screenplay, and Worst Screen Couple.  Despite all that it has developed a cult following.

#7 #3 #8

One line.
Picture 1. Hg is the clue to his surname but you need his first name.
Picture 2. Discard a vowel.
Picture 3. Past tense, passive.

Here is your usual fix.

And I’ll leave you with part of a Facebook post from Michelle.

Bonnie is back to normal again. After an injury to her paw pad, stiff muscles from swimming and being overtired from partying too hard...she got a good night's sleep and we hit the paths today   

« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 01:31:32 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: January 22, 2024, 03:30:43 PM »
Armed with these numbers, I have decided against checking out the subject of your latest rebus!

LANGUAGE 9 - 61 F-words, 12 scatological terms, 14 anatomical references, 13 mild profanities, 18 sexual references, a lot of abusive name calling and 8 religious profanities.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: January 22, 2024, 04:41:54 PM »
Hi Moyra,

I am going to have to reveal the first word of my movie because the source I used apparently had the name wrong.  It had the name as Freddie but looking for the movie on google it seems that the name is Freddy.
Rather than change the first character count and abandon Freddie Mercury, I will just call it quits.

Having done more research, I would agree it's one of the worst movies of all time.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: January 23, 2024, 02:57:35 AM »

I am going to have to reveal the first word of my movie because the source I used apparently had the name wrong.  It had the name as Freddie but looking for the movie on google it seems that the name is Freddy.
Rather than change the first character count and abandon Freddie Mercury, I will just call it quits.

Having done more research, I would agree it's one of the worst movies of all time.

I can tell from your private message that the storm that soaked you getting from car to house couldn’t put a dampener (no pun intended) on a great evening.

We saw Andrew  off back to Canberra this morning.

And I’ll leave you with part of a Facebook post from Michelle.

Hi Jack

I had a very enjoyable evening last night  :)  In spite of the unwanted shower!  The food was fantastic and so much of it.

That's a cracking picture of Bonnie  :)

I expect Andrew will be back before you know it.  Easter perhaps?  It's not long.

I definitely wont be watching that film.  It doesn't seem to have any redeeming features  :laugh:

My rebus is a film and a bit of a Greek Myth.

8 (#3 + #5) #3

Pictures two and three give you the second part of the first word.  Please pretend it's all on one line.

I'm sure we've had similar before but these made me smile  ;D
These are real notes written from parents in a Mississippi school district. (Spellings have been left intact.)
My son is under a doctor's care and should not takeP.E. today. Please execute him.
Please excuse Lisa for being absent. She was sick andI had her shot.
Dear School: Please ekscuse John Henry being absenton Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and also 33
Please excuse Gloria Jean from Jim today. She isadministrating
Please excuse Roland from P.E. for a few days.Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.

Nearly home time thank goodness.  Don't know why but this made me smile.

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: January 24, 2024, 02:40:00 AM »
Hi Jack

I'm quite a happy bunny for a change  >:D  :laugh:  I'm taking a day off tomorrow so I have five days off after today hooray  :)

A quick rebus today.  It's a fairly recent book of short stories.

#3 #5 #6 #8

Please use three consecutive letters from the first name of the lady in picture one.  Please change the third letter of picture two.  Can you remember the film in picture three? and please pretend it's all on one line. 

This made me laugh.  We could do with a similar sign in our waiting room  :laugh:   >:D  Nearly home time.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: January 24, 2024, 11:09:01 AM »
Hi rebus people.....I think it's the 4th letter of picture 2 that needs to be changed.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: January 24, 2024, 11:27:24 AM »
Spoiler Alert for Puzzles Between 18-23 January

Puzzles 18-23 January

Date reflects the author's time zone.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: January 24, 2024, 11:32:52 AM »
Hi rebus people.....I think it's the 4th letter of picture 2 that needs to be changed.

Hi  Moyra,

The spoiler alert reflects this although I missed the point of detail.  I am losing my touch.

I hope it's been hot enough and wet enough for you this month.
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: January 24, 2024, 04:49:50 PM »
Hi Jack...too hot, too wet, tooooooo humid. Thanks for asking 🙂!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: January 24, 2024, 05:36:55 PM »
Hi Pen,

I asked Blue to let me use some pictures of Sheila when she was much younger

Here's your fix for today.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: January 25, 2024, 06:17:00 AM »

Sorry Moyra - I obviously didn't check it carefully enough before posting  :-R

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: January 25, 2024, 06:31:58 AM »

I asked Blue to let me use some pictures of Sheila when she was much younger

Here's your fix for today.

Hi Jack

I've been very busy and the day just ran away with me today!

Well I must say that having seen a picture of a young Blue and now Sheila we can see why they got together  :laugh:  Although as my Mum was fond of saying 'beauty is only skin deep - it's what's in the inside that matters!'  Though I doubt anybody would believe that Madonna is only about a year younger than me ;D

Your second cartoon made me laugh out loud.  I had a vision of Roscoe standing in the bathroom cleaning his own teeth  :laugh:

I'm hoping for a quieter day tomorrow though that's probably tempting fate

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: January 25, 2024, 02:08:42 PM »
Hi Penny...not a criticism....just a heads up to those who were looking!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: January 25, 2024, 03:46:23 PM »
having seen a picture of a young Blue and now Sheila we can see why they got together  :laugh: 

Hi Pen,

I am glad you liked the pictures of Blue and Sheila.

As you know, I have built up a picture of Blue in Sheila in my mind and I think you have too.  It is almost as if they are real people.  I never use Blue and Sheila in my stories unless the characters fall within the boundaries of my image of them.  Their age, occupation, or location in any story is variable but their essential qualities and character must remain within strict limits.  I believe being able to think of them as real people adds to the enjoyment of the story (joke).

I thought that it would be even better if we could have a picture of them, but I was conscious of using a picture of real people would be an invasion of somebody’s privacy.  So I used the Artificial Intelligence (AI) feature of the Edge browser to manufacture the pictures.  I gave the best word description of them I could (height, weight, age, demeanour, good looking, nice smile etc) to the AI app and you have seen the results.  I had to send Sheila back for a revision because the first go had Sheila looking like she would be at home walking the streets of Kings Cross, so I had to tell the app to dress her more conservatively.

My next challenge is to see if the app can age the photos to see what Blue and Sheila would look like in their mid seventies.  So far I have had no success.  Does any think it is worthwhile?

Here is your fix for today.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: January 26, 2024, 02:41:37 AM »

As you know, I have built up a picture of Blue in Sheila in my mind and I think you have too.  It is almost as if they are real people.

I thought that it would be even better if we could have a picture of them, but I was conscious of using a picture of real people would be an invasion of somebody’s privacy.  So I used the Artificial Intelligence (AI)  I had to send Sheila back for a revision because the first go had Sheila looking like she would be at home walking the streets of Kings Cross, so I had to tell the app to dress her more conservatively.

My next challenge is to see if the app can age the photos to see what Blue and Sheila would look like in their mid seventies.  So far I have had no success.  Does anybody think it is worthwhile?

Hi Jack

A flying visit from me!  I've been out for lunch with an old friend.  Fillet steak and chips with a red wine sauce at Miller and Carter.  It was superb  :)  I've never eaten so well as I have this week  :laugh:

I always think of Blue and Sheila as real people.  That's what makes the stories all the more enjoyable :)  I hope you succeed in getting pictures of them as they are now and I most definitely think it's worth while.  I did laugh at your comment about Sheila looking as if she's walking the streets of Kings Cross  :laugh:  I have no rational reason for it but I'm a bit wary of AI.

I'll be back with a rebus tomorrow :)