Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 873201 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #9810 on: July 23, 2023, 09:28:56 PM »
Hi Jack

Hope you're settled into your holiday on the Gold Coast.  Have you been for a paddle? :laugh:

It's finally stopped raining here -blustery and sunny at the moment.  I've been for a walk and wondering if the test will end in a draw.  It's raining again in Manchester.

My rebus is a fairly recent film.
7 (#2 + #5) #2 3 9 (#5 + #4): #4 #4 #5

THE
S
Please change the first letter of picture two. Please re-arrange the letters of picture four (first letter the same) and bung an I in.  Just one of picture five.
Please change the last letter of picture six.  There are a couple of homophones and I've split it over two lines on purpose.
That should keep you out of mischief for five minutes :laugh:

I've got an egg and tomato sarnie with my name on it :-H  It's all Linda's fault >:D
These tickled me ;D

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: July 24, 2023, 04:38:35 PM »
Hi Pen,

That was a good rebus.

Even if Jason Day got pooped on by a very large seagull, the million dollars he took home would have made up for it.

If your lads had declared earlier, they might have had time to get Australia out. 

Now to our Holiday.

We have a time share unit on the tenth floor of the Wyndham Surfers Paradise Apartment hotel.  Surfers Paradise is a suburb of the Gold Coast. The view is not great as there is a row of high-rise buildings between us and the ocean.

The View

We’ve spent the first two days just chilling out and sampling the local cuisine.  We were surprised at how run down we had allowed ourselves to get.  Tomorrow we might do a bit of sight-seeing.

After an initial hour or two of moping, Bonnie has decided to enjoy her time with Ruby and apparently has been in high spirits.

Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #9812 on: July 24, 2023, 06:17:05 PM »
That was a grand rebus, Pen - the dealer looks to be knee depp in Jacks...  :-R :-R :-R
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: July 24, 2023, 09:04:07 PM »

Even if Jason Day got pooped on by a very large seagull, the million dollars he took home would have made up for it.

If your lads had declared earlier, they might have had time to get Australia out. 

The view is not great as there is a row of high-rise buildings between us and the ocean.

We’ve spent the first two days just chilling out and sampling the local cuisine.  We were surprised at how run down we had allowed ourselves to get.  Tomorrow we might do a bit of sight-seeing.

After an initial hour or two of moping, Bonnie has decided to enjoy her time with Ruby and apparently has been in high spirits.

Hi Jack

How much????? (in a Yorkshire accent >:D) that's not a bad payday for a couple of days playing golf in the rain :laugh:  Your probably right about the cricket.  I'm very disappointed.  I think they should have played today to make up for lost time!

I can assure you that your partial view of the ocean is considerably more pleasing than the view from my reception desk of a wall!

It sounds like you were in need of a break.  It's easy to lose track of how busy you are and how worn out you've got.  Hopefully with lots of good grub and plenty of R&R you'll feel more perky :)

Bonnie does look a bit put out in the first picture but it obviously didn't last long :laugh:

Nearly lunchtime thank heavens :-H
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 10:07:29 PM by Hobbit »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: July 24, 2023, 10:09:46 PM »
That was a grand rebus, Pen - the dealer looks to be knee depp in Jacks...  :-R :-R :-R

Very good John :laugh:  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: July 25, 2023, 08:40:50 PM »
Hi Jack

Just gearing up for a busy morning on Fracture clinic.  I'll be thinking of you eating ice cream and lounging on your sun lounger :laugh:

I'm going back to the 1970's for my rebus today.  It's one of a series of films.

#5 #5, #6 #6

Don't think I need to add anything ;D

Breaking News:   Alladin has been banned from the Magic Carpet Race...
Apparently he's been using performance enhancing rugs!

>'Enter new password'
= 'chicken'
> 'Password must contain a capital'
= 'chickenkiev'

Leave you with a couple of naff jokes ;D  Nearly lunchtime hurrah :-H

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: July 26, 2023, 06:12:24 AM »
Hi Pen,

I can get an answer to your rebus for the word count but can’t see how the last two pictures are relevant. I can,. however, get a good answer if the last word has 5 letters.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: July 26, 2023, 07:24:04 AM »
So very sorry Jack a mathemarical error - I can't count :(
The last picture should have 5 letters. A thousand apologies  :-*
That's a great picture :)
Need my kip :-Y

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: July 26, 2023, 08:20:02 PM »
Hi Jack

I'm back at the coalface and glad it's Thursday tomorrow!

My puzzle today is how you might refer to me... >:D

#3 #4 #3 3 #5 8 (#3 #1 #4)

THE

Please use the first four letters of picture two and the last three of picture three. Please reverse picture five (past tense).  Pictures seven and eight combine to make the last part of the last word. One homophone and please bung an apostrophe in and pretend it's all on one line.

Not long til lunch hurrah :-H  Corned Beef and tomato sarnies if you're tuning in Linda!  I don't much like Paxman's replacement on University Challenge  :(

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 08:24:17 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: July 26, 2023, 10:07:06 PM »
My puzzle today is how you might refer to me... >:D

Hi Pen,

I am having trouble with your rebus.  I am pretty sure I have most of the answer right except for the #5 word.  All I can make of it is “crook” or “stick” neither of which make sense to me in the context of your topic.
#3 #4 #3 3 #5 8 (#3 #1 #4)

Can you give me an extra hint?

We had lunch at the Paddock Bakery at Burleigh Heads.  Look it up in google. A very interesting restaurant.  I had Toad in the Hole, but you wouldn’t recognise it because it is quite different to your UK Toad in the Hole.
Toad in the Hole - $21.9 Two eggs fried in a hole of our semi-sourdough scotch loaf, eye bacon, smashed avo & house chili sambal ADD: Mushrooms $6

My internet is playing up and I need my beauty sleep.  Catch you tomorrow..
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: July 26, 2023, 11:40:48 PM »

Can you give me an extra hint?

We had lunch at the Paddock Bakery at Burleigh Heads.  Look it up in google. A very interesting restaurant.  I had Toad in the Hole, but you wouldn’t recognise it because it is quite different to your UK Toad in the Hole.

I'm back Jack

I must admit I was a bit stumped about how to do fifth word.  How about this for an extra clue...

No ing please and change the second letter.

By the time I'd looked at the Paddock Bakery I was famished :-H  The food looks scrumptious and I'm very jealous :laugh:  I went to the Turing Key for dinner with a friend yesterday evening.  It's a lovely place and has a nice atmosphere and the food was good.  Very enjoyable :)

This tickled me :)

ps  Sorry I think I may need to insert another four letter word between the sheep and the melon.  I've been thinking how I would say it and it's fine as it is but not quite right.
Please change the first letter.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 01:21:27 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: July 27, 2023, 06:47:20 AM »
Hi Pen,

That didn't help.  I am still left with crook which I have already said doesn't make sense to me.

It's time to phone a friend.

P.S.  I didn't see your P.S.  I'll look at it after I have breakfast  on the 77th floor of the building across the road.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 07:22:30 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: July 28, 2023, 11:04:53 AM »
By the time I'd looked at the Paddock Bakery I was famished :-H  The food looks scrumptious and I'm very jealous :laugh:  I went to the Turing Key for dinner with a friend yesterday evening.  It's a lovely place and has a nice atmosphere and the food was good.  Very enjoyable :)

Hi Pen,

Thanks for letting me know that the word I was looking for was staff.

We have had some good meals this week but you have no reason to be jealous.  Your Turing Key looks to be great.  You ought to consider going on a Thursday so you can star in the pub quiz.

We have had a lazy week with as much resting up as being touristy. 

We have been up to Mount Tamborine twice.  The road up is quite steep.  The views are tremendous but don’t show up well on photos.  The main tourist area has a Glastonbury feel about it.  I wasn't game to have my fortune told or to try some hemp pain-killers but I got some great fudge. June wouldn’t let be buy a statue of Buddha that looked just like me.  We did pick up some good wine to keep us going until we got home.

The breakfast on the 77th floor was worth every penny, or should that be dollar.  Apart from the magnificent views the breakfast was a much as you can eat buffet of high quality.

Looking down on our motel, bottom left

Looking South
Looking North

We returned to the Paddock Bakery this morning for Breakfast – one of the biggest and best plates of porridge I have ever had.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 11:07:23 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: July 28, 2023, 11:30:13 PM »

We have had some good meals this week but you have no reason to be jealous.  Your Turing Key looks to be great.  You ought to consider going on a Thursday so you can star in the pub quiz.

We have had a lazy week with as much resting up as being touristy. 

June wouldn’t let be buy a statue of Buddha that looked just like me. 

The breakfast on the 77th floor was worth every penny, or should that be dollar.  Apart from the magnificent views the breakfast was a much as you can eat buffet of high quality.

Hi Jack

Pleased to hear you're having a lovely relaxing break and being a bit touristy :)  Pity about the Buddha statue :laugh:

I love a quiz and must admit I'm tempted by the Quiz Night at the Turing Key but I'd need some team mates - couldn't do it on my own.  Not sure who I could rope in to join me! I'll have to canvas a few of my friends & work mates and see if anybody is interested.

Your pictures from the 77th floor gave me the collywobbles  :o