Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 822809 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #9465 on: April 17, 2023, 02:13:58 PM »
Spoiler Alert for Recent Rebuses

Jack 17/4

Pen 16/4

Jack 16/4

Pen 15/4

Jack 15/4

Pen 14/4

Date reflects the author's time zone.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: April 17, 2023, 11:45:18 PM »

Great rebus.  Your episode featured the last appearance of Dr George Bullard.

I am going to take a leaf out of your book and present an episode of your TV series and also highlight one of your favourite techniques.

Hi Jack

Back at you Jack!  I enjoyed your rebus though it's taken me a few visits as we've had a busy morning.

I was going to attempt 'is imitation the sincerest form of flattery?'m but decided it was impractical for many reasons  :laugh:

Instead I'm offering an idiom.

#4 #6 #8

Pictures two and three represent the second word.  Picture four - please move the d so it's in second place and lose the last o and replace it with two different letters.  I hope that makes sense!  Please pretend it's all on one line.

This tickled me - sometimes it's the silly things ;D

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: April 18, 2023, 10:21:19 PM »
I was going to attempt 'is imitation the sincerest form of flattery?'m but decided it was impractical for many reasons  :laugh:
Instead, I'm offering an idiom.

I remember you told me

A plateau is the highest form of flattery

I also remembered one of your excellent puns.

I jumped in my car this morning to come to work.  Unfortunately, it wouldn't start.    I got out & lifted the bonnet & there sitting on the engine was a bat.  He looked at me & smiled & said you’re looking sensational today Pen.  Your hair looks amazing & your outfit is lovely.  Then it dawned on me...I'd got a bat flattery!!

Well, I am going to offer you the cheekiest form of flattery.

This rebus is a 1950's novel by a noted Australian author. You can work out his name by solving this clue: type of dancer:
; a direction.  There is a novel of the same name by an American  author in the 1990s which gave rise to a film of the same name that I wouldn't want to watch.

#3  6(#5 '#1) 8(#2  #2  #4)

Picture 1. 5 letters.  Make an anagram of the middle three letters
Picture 2. 10 letters.  You need letters 4-8.
Picture 3. 5 letters.  You only want the first letter.
Picture 4. 13 letters. You only need the two letter abbreviation
Picture 5.  Two words.  You only need the first two, or the last two, letters of the second word.
Picture 6.  The Pretty one. 4 letters.  Make Homophone.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 04:49:51 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: April 19, 2023, 04:32:18 AM »

I also remembered one of your excellent puns.

Well, I am going to offer you the cheekiest form of flattery.

Hi Jack

A great post  ;) I'll take any flattery I can get - bat, cheeky or anything in between :laugh:

I was seconded to the Obs and Gynae reception desk today.  I haven't worked there for years and I'd forgotten more than I remembered!  It's looking like I might have to go again tomorrow so I might not get chance to do a post until Thursday.

Going to give the little grey cell a small workout and find a bit of toot telly to watch  :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: April 20, 2023, 05:08:52 PM »
I was seconded to the Obs and Gynae reception desk today.  It's looking like I might have to go again tomorrow.

I guess you won't have too many Male Clients.  ;D

I was struggling for a rebus with a pun in it and failing miserably but it’s funny how an association of ideas can lead to a "eureka" moment which happened when I saw the bold word above.  And so, the subject of my rebus is history.

#6 #5  #3:  #8   #7  3  #4   

One Line.  Definite article not pictured.

Picture 1. Position of yellow shirt.
Picture 2.  Clothing. Replace the “T”  with a “P”.
Picture 3.  Replace the “C” with a “W”
Picture 4.  Replace the “C” with a “H”
Picture 6.  Remove the first two letters.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: April 20, 2023, 11:25:20 PM »

I guess you won't have too many Male Clients.  ;D

And so, the subject of my rebus is history.

Hi Jack

I'm very glad it's Thursday and I didn't have to get up for work this morning.

I had a bit of a chuckle at your comment about Male Clients.  This was a recent story here - you can't make it up :-R
A male GP was prevented from donating blood to the Scottish NHS because he refused to sign a form saying he was not pregnant.

That was a very clever rebus :)  My rebus is also from history but considerably more recent.

3 #3 7 (#4 + #3) #4

THE
Please change the first letter of picture one and the last letter of picture four.  You just need the last three letters of picture three.

Codename

#9 8 (#5 + #3)

Please change the third letter of picture two and picture three is a homophone.
Please pretend they're both all on one line.

I've got a hair cut in half an hour so I'd better get my skates on  :-C

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: April 21, 2023, 09:50:43 PM »
My rebus is also from history but considerably more recent.

H Pen,

Damn, yours was a great rebus.  My rebus is also from history but considerably more recent, in fact from within the last week.

Click here for my rebus

P.S. I have  clarified the instructions about the non-pictured words.

This animated gif appears only as a still picture in the word document.  my apologies.  You are looking for the action.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 01:51:32 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: April 22, 2023, 12:07:31 AM »

Damn, yours was a great rebus.  My rebus is also from history but considerably more recent, in fact from within the last week.

Thanks Jack  :)  Your rebus has me well and truly baffled for the moment so I'm going to set about mine and go back to it in a while.

It's a song from about the time of my previous rebus.

1 11 (#5 #2 #4) #4 2 8 (#4 + 1 + #3) #6

EA
Pictures one, four and five are homophones. Please use the last three letters of the second word of picture two and swap the middle two letters of picture six.  Position is vital.

If you don't recognise the West Indian cricketer you can use this instead...

Gladys was the wife of the Vicar of St Mary's Church.  She accompanied her husband to the service every Sunday. One particular Sunday when the sermon seemed to go on forever, many in the congregation nodded off. After the service, to be sociable, she walked up to a very sleepy looking gentleman. In an attempt to perk him up, she extended her hand in greeting, and said, "Hello, I'm Gladys Dunn." To which the gentleman replied, "You're not the only one!"

Leave you with a silly joke ;D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: April 22, 2023, 02:15:20 AM »
Your rebus has me well and truly baffled for the moment.

Hi Pen,

When I read your comment, I looked at my rebus again and found a few problems with it, including what was meant to be an animated picture which appeared as a still.  I hope my fixes work.

I have solved your devilishly clever rebus even though I  haven't worked out picture 6 (is it something to do with a sausage?) and I had to use the second word of picture 7.

Regards, Jack

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: April 22, 2023, 02:46:37 AM »
I hope you’ll never fully grasp how funny the doggie cartoon (above ) is   Whatever your name is

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: April 22, 2023, 04:48:13 AM »
I hope my fixes work.

I have solved your devilishly clever rebus even though I  haven't worked out picture 6 (is it something to do with a sausage?) and I had to use the second word of picture 7.

Hi Again Jack

Zoe is just watching the last ever episode of Picard before we settle down to watch a film with a glass (or two >:D) of wine.

I struggled a bit with how to portray the third word without being glaringly obvious!  You and I would probably use grab or catch rather than that word in that context.  Sausage would certainly do the job nicely  ;)  You are, of course, quite right!  Only the second word of picture seven is needed.

I'm going to have another bash at your rebus then I think we're watching The Negotiator.  Samuel L Jackson.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: April 22, 2023, 04:50:17 AM »
I hope you’ll never fully grasp how funny the doggie cartoon (above ) is   Whatever your name is

Sorry Thingummy I'm afraid I'm already at least halfway there  >:D :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: April 22, 2023, 08:52:27 PM »
I struggled a bit with how to portray the third word without being glaringly obvious!  You and I would probably use grab or catch rather than that word in that context.

Hi Pen,

I had never heard the word in that context before but google tells me it is the right word in North America.  The North Americans probably wouldn’t believe that it is really the correct word in australia and parts of Britain  for a sausage. You learn something new all the time in this thread.

I spent a couple of hours spreading fertilizer today and my back has packed it in, so a short post tonight.

Blue’s bitch was "in heat' but he agreed to look after his neighbour`s male dog while the neighbours were on holidays.

He's got a large house and believed that he could keep the two dogs apart.

However, that night, as he was drifting off to sleep he heard awful howling and moaning sounds.  He rushed downstairs and found the dogs locked together, in obvious pain and unable to disengage, as so frequently happens when dogs mate.

Unable to separate them, although it was late, he called the vet, who answered in a very grumpy voice.

Having explained the problem to him, the vet said, "Hang up the phone and place it down alongside the dogs. I will then call you back and the noise of the ringing will make the male lose his erection and he will be able to withdraw."

"Do you think that will work?" Blue asked.

"Just worked on me," The vet replied.

Ruby is keeping the Cleveland mob on their toes.

They have taught Ruby to stay and come but not yet to apply the brakes

Bonnie and Dusty at about the same age
Regards, Jack

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: April 22, 2023, 11:15:19 PM »
Thank you for the cuteness!

lilys field

• Linguissimo