Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814551 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #9375 on: March 23, 2023, 05:10:29 PM »
My easy little rebus is a song.

Hi Pen,

I am going to assume you were joking and so I have come back for some more, some more.  :D

You will be a happy little vegemite today if you are having a big break.  Is a visit to the Peak district on the cards or are you just going to stay at home and meditate on the higher mysteries of life?  If so, here are two questions to consider:
  • Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
  • If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked and dry cleaners depressed?

One of Blue's ancestors, coincidentally named Bleu, was an exceptionally gifted engineer back in the days of the French Revolution.  A priest, a nobleman and Bleu were sentenced to death by guillotine.  They were all innocent of any crimes but that didn’t seem to matter in those days.

The executioner asks the priest whether he wishes to face up or face down when he meets his fate. The priest states he would prefer to die face up which would enable him to be looking towards Heaven when he dies.

The priest is placed in the guillotine and the executioner releases the lever. The blade comes speeding down but jams just short of the priest's throat. Taking this as a sign from God, the priest is released and set free.

Next, the nobleman is led to the guillotine, and hoping he will be as fortunate as the priest, he too decides to die face up. Again the blade is released and jams just inches away from his throat. As with the priest, the nobleman is released and set free.

Finally, Bleu the exceptionally gifted engineer, is led to the guillotine. He also decides to die face up. Just as the executioner is about to release the lever, Bleu shouts, "Wait! I think I see what your problem is!"

While you are holidaying, don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 05:20:50 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: March 24, 2023, 01:59:58 AM »

I am going to assume you were joking and so I have come back for some more, some more.  :D

You will be a happy little vegemite today if you are having a big break.  Is a visit to the Peak district on the cards or are you just going to stay at home and meditate on the higher mysteries of life? 

Hi Jack

I am a very happy little vegemite today  ;)  I'm planning lots of meditation  >:D and catching up with a couple of friends I haven't seen for a while.  I have a day out with Zoe next Thursday to look forward to :)

That was a cracking post.  I was laughing my head off while enjoying my morning cuppa in bed this morning :laugh:

My rebus today is a book published in the 1940's.  I'm reluctant to make any prophecy... :laugh:

#4 #5 3 #4 #3 #6

THE
Please use past tense for picture two and change the last letter of picture three.  You need a verb for picture five and change the first letter.  One homophone and please pretend it's all on one line.

A lorry load of marmite has crashed on the M4 this morning.
Police have said to avoid the yeast-bound carriageway!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 02:05:48 AM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: March 25, 2023, 11:38:52 AM »
My rebus today is a book published in the 1940's.  I'm reluctant to make any prophecy. :laugh:

Hi Pen,

For which I am eternally grateful.

Ruby’s arrival was delayed by a day.  I have been promised  a photo which I should be able to include tomorrow.

My rebus features our favourite memorial statue in Edinburgh.

10( #4 #6)   #5

Conceptually One Line

Picture 1. First 4 letters only

« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 01:15:15 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: March 26, 2023, 03:01:36 AM »

For which I am eternally grateful.

Ruby’s arrival was delayed by a day.  I have been promised  a photo which I should be able to include tomorrow.

My rebus features our favourite memorial statue in Edinburgh.

Hi Jack

I loved your rebus - a wonderful story  :)

My rebus is an animal who showed a turn of speed to win a famous steeplechase in the UK about 20 years ago.

10 (#5 + #5) #5

Please change the first letter of either in picture three.  One homophone and please pretend it's all on one line.

The lady who works in our local chippy says the best way to cook fish is to give it a good slap first...
Sounds like a load of old codswallop to me!

These bloopers tickled me  ;D

'This is a great day for France!' President Richard Nixon while attending Charles De Gaulle's funeral.

'Things are more like they are now than they have ever been'. President Gerald Ford

'My fellow astronauts...' Vice-President Dan Quayle, beginning a speech at an Apollo 11 anniversary celebration.

Looking forward to a picture of Ruby tomorrow :)  Got to remember to put the clocks forward later!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: March 26, 2023, 04:24:00 AM »
My rebus is an animal who showed a turn of speed to win a famous steeplechase in the UK about 20 years ago.
Looking forward to a picture of Ruby tomorrow :) 
Got to remember to put the clocks forward later!

Hi Pen.

Excellent Rebus.  I'll bet 16/1 that most people won't be able to solve it without google.  Leastways, I couldn't. :D

Haven't got any pictures of Ruby yet but apparently she settled in quickly.  Her first adventure when she was taken outside to relieve herself was to spot a cane toad and try to chase it.  She could be a handful.

The rest of Australia doesn't get to join Queensland on the the right time until next Sunday, 2 April.

I'm back to the land of nod.   :-Z :-S

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: March 26, 2023, 06:48:47 AM »

Haven't got any pictures of Ruby yet but apparently she settled in quickly.  Her first adventure when she was taken outside to relieve herself was to spot a cane toad and try to chase it.  She could be a handful.

Hi Again Jack

Pleased to hear that Ruby's settling in but oh dear it sounds like you might be right.  You'd better hotfoot it round to Cleveland tomorrow with your Stophop :laugh:

I've got the second half of a bottle of very excellent Sauv Blush (or pink muck as you'd call it :laugh:) courtesy of your neighbours across the way.  I'm going to enjoy it with a film in a little while.  Zoe and I watched Dantes Peak last night.  One of our all time favourite exceedingly naff disaster films  ;D

I'll spend the next week trying to work out what the time would have been had we not changed the clocks  :-R  Good job I'm not at work!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: March 26, 2023, 06:04:59 PM »
Hi Pen,

I am having trouble doing some maintenance on my pool cleaner device and so this post will just be a few pictures.

Ruby 1
Ruby 2
Ruby 3
Ruby 4
Bonnie at the same age
Regards, Jack

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: March 26, 2023, 06:49:49 PM »
Hi Jack

I am sure I am not alone when I say aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

She is delightful

Carol

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: March 26, 2023, 10:27:10 PM »
Ruby is a ridiculously cute teddy bear of a pup! And great to see lovely Bonnie too. Reckon she’s grown into those paws! 😍

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: March 27, 2023, 12:27:12 AM »

I am having trouble doing some maintenance on my pool cleaner device and so this post will just be a few pictures.

Hi Jack

I hope you managed to sort your problem out  :)

I'm in total agreement with Carol and Madeleine - Ruby is adorable  :-*  I don't know if it's the angle the pictures were taken but she seems a big pup to me - especially when compared to Bonnie at the same age!  How lovely to be reminded of her when she was a pup :)

It's finally stopped raining so I'm going to venture out in a few minutes.

It's a great feeling knowing I haven't got to get up for work in the morning :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: March 27, 2023, 07:07:07 PM »
I hope you managed to sort your problem out  :)
I don't know if it's the angle the pictures were taken but she seems a big pup to me - especially when compared to Bonnie at the same age!  How lovely to be reminded of her when she was a pup :)

Hi Pen,

The automatic vacuum pool cleaner that whips around the pool sucking up any nasties froze. I took it apart to see if I could spot the problem and  see what was making it stick without spotting anything..  So I gave it a few choice curses and put it back together again, so I could take it down the experts to fix.  Whatever I did putting it back together again unfroze it and it is whizzing around the pool again.  I would be happier If I knew what I did.

The camera must lie.  Cat tells me that ruby certainly weighs less than Bonnie and Dusty did at the same age.  Where possible when I use a picture of Ruby, I will try to find one of Bonnie for comparison.

My Rebus today is a movie that has been described as an "effervescent documentary,"

#8 (5, 3): 1  5( #3 #2)   #4  #5

Conceptually one line.

: A  

Picture 1. Two words (6,5) that make a one-word homophone.
Picture 2. You had lots of them when you were at school.  Today you only need the first three letters.
Picture 3. 4 letters.  You need the middle two letters.
Picture 4. All you need is

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: March 27, 2023, 08:53:23 PM »

So I gave it a few choice curses and put it back together again, so I could take it down the experts to fix.  Whatever I did putting it back together again unfroze it and it is whizzing around the pool again.  I would be happier If I knew what I did.

The camera must lie.  Cat tells me that ruby certainly weighs less than Bonnie and Dusty did at the same age.  Where possible when I use a picture of Ruby, I will try to find one of Bonnie for comparison.

Hi Jack

I'm very much looking forward to more pictures of Ruby and Bonnie :)

I'm picking Barbs up in a hour or so and we're going to Loughton to walk some of Lodge Lake and then have lunch in the Grumpy Cook.   It's a beautiful sunny morning - Happy Days  :)

Perhaps the problem with your pool cleaner was a bit like when your computer sometimes goes doolally. You turn it off and turn it back on and hey presto it's fine again!  Don't knock it - at least it's working again.

I will pay proper attention to your rebus this afternoon.  Meanwhile mine is a song from an animated film. I've tried to make it a bit tricky but I don't think it'll give you a problem (fingers and toes crossed :laugh:)

#4 #3 #4 4 1 #4

A
 Please change the second letter of picture one and the first letter of picture three.  Please re-arrange the letters of the rodents in picture four.  Position is deliberate and one homophone (ignore the lamb please!).

Time I wasn't here  :-C

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 08:56:48 PM by Hobbit »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: March 28, 2023, 03:03:17 AM »
I'm back Jack

We had a lovely walk in the sun followed by a panini and a huge pot of tea  :)  I made a chicken and leek pie yesterday and it's in the oven as we speak  :-H

That was a great rebus  :)  I got it at the third time of asking!  Took a fair bit of...

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: March 28, 2023, 07:27:26 AM »
Elation!

More dog pictures

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: March 28, 2023, 02:10:42 PM »
I'm picking Barbs up in a hour or so and we're going to Loughton to walk some of Lodge Lake and then have lunch in the Grumpy Cook.   It's a beautiful sunny morning - Happy Days  :)

Great to see you making such good use of your time off.  The only grumpy cook around here is me. :D

June is up at Cleveland dog-sitting while Cat is doing some work.  Apparently, Ruby is as lively as a cricket but needs frequent naps to recharge.   I have put in a request for more piccies.

Blue thought the message was that Mona Lisa was on grass.

I am trying to mix the rebuses up.  You've set the bar very high.  The subject of my rebus today is a famous Soviet composer.

4( 1 #3)  12( #5  1  #3  #3)

Conceptually one line

A    a

Pictures 2&3 are homophones.
Picture 4.  First name of actor.

But I better have lunch ready when she returns.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 02:12:55 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack