Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 820434 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #9075 on: January 28, 2023, 06:46:14 AM »

I love them too, surprise, surprise.  Played one of their songs for our first dance on our wedding day - can you guess which one?  Bet you can!

Have a lovely, pampering session and nosh!  >:D

I've stopped being astonished at how much we have in common Linda - it tickles me to bits :laugh:

Was it 'I Can't Dance' by any chance? >:D  >:D :laugh:

The pampering session was wonderful :)  My Chinese was a bit on the warm side!  I tried Schezwan chicken for the first time in years.  I asked them to tone the chillies down a bit but it left my mouth a bit numb and my eyes watering :o  My tolerance of hot and spicy food is getting less with my advancing years  :(

Looking forward to a glass of nicely chilled pink plonk with a film in a little while  :)
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: January 28, 2023, 06:57:16 AM »
If you are interested, this article looks at the issues.

Picture 2 and 3.  Do you remember Bonanza.

Bonnie Catching a ball

Hi Jack

A flying visit from me!  I'm very relaxed and chilled out after our very enjoyable day :)

I found the article very interesting thanks  :)

I remember Bonanza from when I was a child - it was in black and white to begin with I think.

That's an amazing picture of Bonnie - they caught her just right!

See you tomorrow (later today!)  Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: January 28, 2023, 03:19:47 PM »
I'm very relaxed and chilled out after our very enjoyable day :)

Hi Pen,

Was it a special occasion or just a random indulgence?

I am doing some yard cleaning so I called a firm to ask if I could have a skip on the front lawn.  They said, "Go for it, fatty, you could do with the exercise"

You wouldn't have had the answer to today's rebus personally but others who have, quite often see a doctor about it .

8(#1  #3  #4)  11(#3 #8)

Conceptually one line.
Picture 1. Sounds like this if the first letter were silent.
Picture 2.  Homophone of this 5-letter word.
Picture 3.  The noun. The adjective is scrabble.  I have replaced this picture.  The first one disappeared for some unknown reason.
Picture 4. Homophone of first syllable.
Picture 5.  The x is irrelevant to your consideration.

This was
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 06:29:37 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: January 28, 2023, 09:11:43 PM »
Was it 'I Can't Dance' by any chance?

What a wag you are Pen!  No, it flaming wasn't and I'm going to insist you keep guessing (bit like Mrs Doyle) until you get it right!!   >:D

Like you, (!) I'm not very good with spicy/hot food, I like to taste what I'm eating without my tongue being on fire.  Copious amounts of wine does help, I find!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: January 28, 2023, 10:46:02 PM »
What a wag you are Pen!  No, it flaming wasn't and I'm going to insist you keep guessing (bit like Mrs Doyle) until you get it right!!   >:D

Like you, (!) I'm not very good with spicy/hot food, I like to taste what I'm eating without my tongue being on fire.  Copious amounts of wine does help, I find!  >:D

I do my best Linda!  If it's not Follow You Follow Me I'll eat my hat :laugh:  Joking apart I love that song :) 

I find that copious amounts of wine help in many situations - not just dealing with hot and spicy food  >:D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: January 28, 2023, 11:09:53 PM »
If it's not Follow You Follow Me I'll eat my hat

Your hat is safe, Pen!!  Well done!  I must admit I am very fond of Phil Collins even though a lot of people aren't for some reason.

I find that copious amounts of wine help in many situations - not just dealing with hot and spicy food  >:D

You're not wrong!  Can't understand why anyone sane person would do dry January ....  >:D

Must get on with knitting scarves for rabbits - don't ask!!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: January 28, 2023, 11:32:02 PM »

Was it a special occasion or just a random indulgence?

I am doing some yard cleaning so I called a firm to ask if I could have a skip on the front lawn.  They said, "Go for it, fatty, you could do with the exercise"

You wouldn't have had the answer to today's rebus personally but others who have, quite often see a doctor about it .

Hi Jack

Zoe and I don't buy each other Christmas presents so the massage was our gift to ourselves.  We either do that or buy theatre tickets.  We've seen Hairspray and The Miserables in previous years.  It just happened that it was Eve's birthday yesterday so we combined it all into one smashing day :)

I roared with laughter at your skip joke this morning :laugh:

I enjoyed your rebus - not like the poor buggers who have to deal with it.

My rebus is another old TV gem.  Not as old as Bonanza!  It shouldn't give you a headache.
3 8 (#4 + #4) #5

THE

How is the rather compact place in picture one known?  Please use surname of either in picture two and you need present tense in the last picture and swap two letters round.

People are often surprised when they see the intricate tattoo I had done whilst visiting Barcelona...
Nobody expects the Spanish ink precision!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: January 28, 2023, 11:39:16 PM »

Your hat is safe, Pen!!  Well done!  I must admit I am very fond of Phil Collins even though a lot of people aren't for some reason.

You're not wrong!  Can't understand why anyone sane person would do dry January ....  >:D

Must get on with knitting scarves for rabbits - don't ask!!

Well Linda it wont surprise you to know that I too am very fond of Phil Collins - we obviously have great taste  :)

No I don't get dry January at all either - you need all the help you can get at this time of year.

I'm tempted to ask if the rabbit scarves are a distraction from the jigsaw puzzle  >:D

I've got an egg and tomato sarnie with my name on it  :-H

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: January 29, 2023, 12:09:53 AM »
I'm tempted to ask if the rabbit scarves are a distraction from the jigsaw puzzle

I've done a fair bit of jigsaw now so if you need to know where any country in the world is (as long as it's not Tuvalu as I haven't located it yet but think it might be somewhere remote off Australia maybe?) I'm your woman!  Not really, because I was convinced Denmark was somewhere up near Sweden (my husband shakes his head in despair - frequently!)  The scarves are a welcome (?) distraction and don't take much puzzling out and I've even managed to put tassels on them.  I sound like a 'crafter' but believe me I'm not.  Don't know one end of a 'sewing stick' from another but can knit to a basic degree.

Ham and tomato and you know what sarnie for lunch today.   >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: January 29, 2023, 12:55:58 AM »

I've done a fair bit of jigsaw now so if you need to know where any country in the world is (as long as it's not Tuvalu as I haven't located it yet but think it might be somewhere remote off Australia maybe?) I'm your woman!  Not really, because I was convinced Denmark was somewhere up near Sweden (my husband shakes his head in despair - frequently!)  The scarves are a welcome (?) distraction and don't take much puzzling out and I've even managed to put tassels on them.  I sound like a 'crafter' but believe me I'm not.  Don't know one end of a 'sewing stick' from another but can knit to a basic degree.

Ham and tomato and you know what sarnie for lunch today.   >:D

Pleased to hear you're making headway with the jigsaw and I look forward to learning the whereabouts of Tuvalu very soon :laugh:  I didn't think Denmark and Sweden were a million miles apart!  Isn't there a bridge that links the two countries?  I've probably made that up :-R  I'll consult Ms Google later.

I'm useless at knitting and sewing.  I could probably manage a rabbit scarf at a push as I can do simple plain and purl though not so hot at casting on and off.  I can sew a button on but that's about it I'm afraid.

Are these scarves for real bunnies or stuffed toys?

Off out for a walk.  It's very dull and cold here today.  I've love to know the difference between cloudy and overcast.  According to the Met Office it's overcast today and cloudy tomorrow  ???

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: January 29, 2023, 01:19:33 AM »
Are these scarves for real bunnies or stuffed toys?

Can you imagine a real bunny wearing a scarf, Pen?!  They are for my niece's daughters' toy rabbits who are feeling the cold this winter! 

I can sew on a button but that's as far as my sewing skills go.  Absolutely hate sewing.  Hated it at school and still hate it.  Sewing lesson was on a par with a maths lesson for me.

Overcast, drizzly and cold here too.  Ideal day for staying in and knitting rabbit scarves! 

Denmark is not a million miles away from Sweden but not where I thought it was - perhaps they've moved it!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: January 29, 2023, 02:29:33 AM »
Can you imagine a real bunny wearing a scarf, Pen?!  They are for my niece's daughters' toy rabbits who are feeling the cold this winter! 

I can sew on a button but that's as far as my sewing skills go.  Absolutely hate sewing.  Hated it at school and still hate it.  Sewing lesson was on a par with a maths lesson for me.

Denmark is not a million miles away from Sweden but not where I thought it was - perhaps they've moved it!  >:D

I'm beginning to think we were definitely separated at birth Linda :laugh:  It's really scary how alike we are!  I too hated sewing at school and loathed maths with a passion.  I could probably throw chemistry and physics into the pot as well!  We had a chemistry teacher who used to lob the blackboard cleaner at random boys at the back of the class who weren't paying attention!  Can you imagine what would happen if a teacher did that nowadays?

I think they've definitely moved Denmark.  They probably just forgot to tell us  :laugh: :laugh:

In need of a warming cuppa.  Knitting indoors is definitely preferable to walking out in the cold brrr!

Pizza for tea as I'm feeling very lazy.  If you tell me you're having roast chicken I'm going to hot foot it to Milton Keynes station and get on a train and come knocking on your door >:D

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: January 29, 2023, 09:54:03 PM »
Chemistry and physics were vile, Pen.  Smelly and boring but not quite as stressful as sewing and maths.  We too had a teacher who was very fond of lobbing the blackboard cleaner and another who used to slap boys around the head!  Happy days!!  >:D

I didn't have roast chicken last night but a very nice beef casserole with spuds and green beans.  Roast chicken is for tonight so dash on up and I'll make plenty of extra roast spuds.

Another grey day and still haven't finished the rabbit scarves - think I've got RSI from knitting and back ache from puzzling!   >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: January 30, 2023, 01:11:56 AM »
They were happy days Linda :)   A very different world altogether.

I'm on my way - throw in some extra spuds :-H  Roast chicken beats bangers hands down!! 

Sounds like you need a break from knitting and puzzling although perhaps you could consider combining the two?  :laugh:  I've got a friend who can knit and watch telly at the same time!

It's trying to brighten up here but not quite managing it :(  I'm going to rug up and head out for a walk.

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: January 30, 2023, 02:46:31 AM »
I've got a friend who can knit and watch telly at the same time!

Not me, I'm afraid, I need to concentrate on my needles and even then I manage to add or lose the odd stitch!

Just been for a walk and it is very cold today but the sky is blue - like my hands!  I don't do gloves so it's my own fault.  Got an excuse not to pick up needles or puzzle pieces though.  >:D

Off to tend to my roast chicken.  :)