Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814308 times)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #9060 on: January 24, 2023, 10:30:10 PM »
Have you thought about sticking cheese in your ears to block out 'should of'?

Funnily enough, I hadn't!  Not a very attractive look walking around with lumps of Cheddar in your lugholes but might be worth a try if I become really desperate!  >:D

It's a balmy 6 degrees here today which is practically tropical for us and no doubt the office will be stiflingly hot until I get in and turn it down!  What to wear for the best?  What a problem!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: January 24, 2023, 11:28:58 PM »
Also on Acorn is Agatha Raisin - I enjoyed the earlier episodes more than the later ones,

Hi Jack

I had a suspicion that I'd mentioned this before  :-R  I wish I had your memory capacity.  I seem to have run out of storage space in mine  :(

I'm still working on your rebus.  My rebus is a quote from a 1950's film.

#4 6'1 (#2 + #4'1) #7

Please add an 's' and use the character in picture four and swap the second and third letters.  Please try not to get too hot under the collar with picture three  >:D  :laugh:

Nearly lunchtime thank goodness :-H  Cheese and tomato sarnies Linda - with our favourite condiment of course!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 11:38:25 PM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: January 24, 2023, 11:35:19 PM »
Funnily enough, I hadn't!  Not a very attractive look walking around with lumps of Cheddar in your lugholes but might be worth a try if I become really desperate!  >:D

It's a balmy 6 degrees here today which is practically tropical for us and no doubt the office will be stiflingly hot until I get in and turn it down!  What to wear for the best?  What a problem!  >:D

I'd put the cheese in your sarnies instead!  You're warmer than us.   It's gone up to a positively tropical 3oc here :laugh:  I think layers are the best thing then if it gets a bit warm in the office you can peel some off.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #9063 on: January 25, 2023, 11:39:07 AM »
Well, Jack, THAT was a diabolical rebus...  >:D >:D >:D

Well done!!!  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: January 25, 2023, 01:10:14 PM »
It's gone up to a positively tropical 3oC here :laugh:

Hi Pen,

I can see where you got the inspiration for the movie in your rebus.

I have a supplementary question for you.  Why did the answer remind me of John Eales, highly revered  ex Wallabies rugby captain?  I will include the answer to that in the spoiler alert when I get around to it.  If you get impatient, the answer is in my post of 6 February 2018.

Time for a bit of Déjà vu.  Do you remember these?.

Before Sheila married Blue she worked on the departures desk at QANTAS.  One day a crowded flight was cancelled. Sheila was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers.

Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, “I HAVE to be on this flight, and it has to be FIRST CLASS.”

Sheila replied, “I’m sorry, sir. I’ll be happy to try to help you, but I’ve got to help these folks first; and then I’m sure we’ll be able to work something out.”

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, “DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?”

Without hesitating, Sheila smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. “May I have your attention, please?”, she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. “We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him with his identity, please come to Gate 14”.

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at Sheila, gritted his teeth, and said, “Screw You!”

Without flinching, she smiled and said, “I’m sorry sir, you’ll have to get in line for that, too.”

Moral: Life is not only about surviving the storms; it is also about dancing in the rain.

Blue decided to take his family to the Whitsunday's to see the filming of Ticket to Paradise.. So he calls QANTAS to book his flight.

The operator asks him, 'How many people are flying with you?'

Blue replied, 'Shit mate, how would I know.  It's your plane.'

I could only find the time to write this because I was scheduled to go to a procrastinators' meeting but it was postponed.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 01:57:02 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: January 25, 2023, 10:40:53 PM »
Well, Jack, THAT was a diabolical rebus...  >:D >:D >:D

Well done!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I couldn't get to the bottom of it John.  Thought I'd sussed it and then realised I hadn't.  For the sake of my sanity I had to give up in the end  :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: January 26, 2023, 02:20:27 AM »

I have a supplementary question for you.  Why did the answer remind me of John Eales, highly revered  ex Wallabies rugby captain?  I will include the answer to that in the spoiler alert when I get around to it.  If you get impatient, the answer is in my post of 6 February 2018.

Moral: Life is not only about surviving the storms; it is also about dancing in the rain.

I could only find the time to write this because I was scheduled to go to a procrastinators' meeting but it was postponed.

Hi Jack

Loved that and Sheila's tale :laugh: 

I don't have an answer to your supplementary question.  If I get a chance I'll consult Ms Google a bit later. 

I'm not sure how far I'll get with this but, hopefully, will get done by going home time!  We've got a waiting room full of people who've slipped on the ice this morning. 

My rebus is a film that was released around about the time I was born.

#3 #3 #7 5 (#2 + #3)

Please reverse picture two and use the first two letters of picture four and the last three of the character in picture five.  Please be a bit creative with picture three.  Past tense and insert an extra e.

Not long to go now  :-C

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: January 26, 2023, 11:14:59 PM »
I couldn't get to the bottom of it John.  For the sake of my sanity I had to give up in the end  :laugh:

Hi Pen,

What if I told you the position word was beyond.

We had a great Australia Day breakfast with the Cleveland mob - Bacon, fried eggs, fried tomatoes and banana bread.

Binged on TV this afternoon. A feel-bad feel-good at the end movie named CODA which is an acronym of  child of deaf adults.  It’s about a family, parents and brother,who are deaf and require a hearing teenage daughter to interpret sign for them in their borderline business (fishing) but she is a talented singer and needs to leave home if she is to make a career of it.  Not quite my type of movie but very well done.  Series 2 of Slow Horses is now available and we watched an episode of that.

Great rebus. I missed the photo of the lead actress that we had in our rebuses last April.

We have busy day lined up tomorrow but I will try find time to do a proper post. Right now I need a Kip.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 11:44:24 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: January 27, 2023, 04:29:18 AM »

What if I told you the position word was beyond.

Great rebus. I missed the photo of the lead actress that we had in our rebuses last April.

We have busy day lined up tomorrow but I will try find time to do a proper post. Right now I need a Kip.

Hi Jack

Hope it's not too late to say a belated

Sounds like you had a very enjoyable day  :)

Nope I'm sorry that hasn't helped me at all.  When I see the answer I suspect I'm going to kick myself.

I gave you the perfect excuse to post a picture of BB  >:D :laugh:

My rebus is a track from a band who I love.  Dates back to the 1970's.

#7 #4 3 7 (#4 + #3) #6

THE
Please change the first letter of the second picture (not the peel) and you need the surname of the character in picture three. What is the gent (I use that term loosely >:D) in the last picture?  Please pretend it's all on one line.
I'm hoping I haven't used this before.  I did make a thorough search so fingers crossed.

Leave you with a silly joke ;D  Zoe and I have a busy day tomorrow as well.  We're taking a friend out to lunch to Frosts garden centre and then we're off to Buckingham for a massage and facial :)  The plan is to pick up a Chinese take away on the way home.  I'll probably be AWOL until Saturday :laugh:

There were six pies sitting on a shelf.  One jumped off onto the floor.  One by one the others followed...
They were lemming meringue pies!

PJune

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #9069 on: January 27, 2023, 04:31:18 AM »

[What if I told you the position word was beyond.]

Jack, I thought I had the answer to your rebus, but my guess doesn't  have anything about beyond. https://theforum.lexigame.com/Smileys/classic/huh.gif
Guess I'll just have to wait for you to tell us what it is.

PJ

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #9070 on: January 27, 2023, 10:38:53 AM »
My rebus is a track from a band who I love.  Dates back to the 1970's.

We're taking a friend out to lunch to Frosts garden centre and then we're off to Buckingham for a massage and facial :)  The plan is to pick up a Chinese take away on the way home.  I'll probably be AWOL until Saturday :laugh:

Thanks for the fond memory of this song, Pen - funny, I had always thought the song's title was the title of the album!!! You learn something every day (sometimes more than one!!!) -  One of my favourite bands as well...

I hope your outing was a success (and enjoyable to boot) - we'll catch you on the "other side"...  >:D >:D >:D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: January 27, 2023, 12:56:22 PM »
Spoiler Alert for Recent Rebuses

Pen 26/1

Pen 25/1

Pen 24/1

Jack 24/1

Pen 22/1

Date reflects the author's time zone.

Regards, Jack

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: January 27, 2023, 09:01:56 PM »
My rebus is a track from a band who I love.

I love them too, surprise, surprise.  Played one of their songs for our first dance on our wedding day - can you guess which one?  Bet you can!

Have a lovely, pampering session and nosh!  >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: January 28, 2023, 01:11:29 AM »
Hope it's not too late to say a belated

Hi Pen,

My late mother used to have a standard joke every time we would ring her to wish her a happy mother’s day, “If you only remember your mother on Mother’s Day, you don’t deserve to have a mother”.  I feel much the same way about Australia Day.  I don’t see why I should feel particularly Australian on a day that some politician decided we should celebrate being Australian.  I don’t get in a sweat about it but there is quite a debate about when we should celebrate Australia day.

If you are interested, this article looks at the issues.

I guess I should come up with another rebus.  This is the title of an 1830s poem which has been praised as a non stereotypical depiction of the subject.

#4  #3  #5

One line. One homophone with one more letter than pictured (picture 3).

Picture 1  Drop a letter.
Picture 2 and 3.  Do you remember Bonanza.

And I’ll leave you with

Bonnie Catching a ball
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 01:13:46 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: January 28, 2023, 06:34:05 AM »
I hope your outing was a success (and enjoyable to boot) - we'll catch you on the "other side"...  >:D >:D >:D

We had a smashing day thanks John :)