Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814626 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #8775 on: December 10, 2022, 03:31:08 PM »
Hi Carol,

That's great news.

The other good news is that the salinity and sediment will be flushed out of the Murray mouth into the sea for the first time in a while without restricting water for the irragators upstream.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: December 11, 2022, 02:41:54 AM »
If you add an "s" to the first word of my rebus, you will get a book or a 1951 film.  Ms Google probably hasn't caught up with Derry Girls.

I enjoyed "The Hitman's Bodyguard" but you must be a real fan to go back to it a third or fourth time, :D

Hi Jack

Thanks I had got the right answer to your rebus :)  I haven't seen Derry Girls so I will be investigating it. 

As you've probably realised Zoe & I have about a dozen films that we are happy to watch again & again.  We've seen Die Hard With a Vengeance, Speed, Paddington and the Penguins of Madagascar more times than I dare to imagine :laugh:  If left to our own devices we'd both watch completely different films!  I like a decent romcom or a whodunnit and Zoe likes sci fi and that sort of stuff! 

My rebus is another idiom.

#5 #3 #4 #8

Please change the first letter of the first picture.  There are a couple of homophones. & please pretend it's all on one line.

]           

It's so cold here at the moment our postie is actually wearing long trousers!

Another of my favourite films  ;D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 02:46:58 AM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: December 11, 2022, 02:49:40 AM »
The water is certainly coming up but I am quietly confident all will be well.

The biggest flow will not be for a couple of weeks

Hi Carol.

Hope you stay safe and dry.  I'll be thinking of you.

Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: December 11, 2022, 01:07:12 PM »
If left to our own devices we'd both watch completely different films!  I like a decent romcom or a whodunnit and Zoe likes sci fi and that sort of stuff! 

Hi Pen,

Why didn't you use your photo for your rebus? :D >:D

What do you call a clever, socially awkward, bi sexual Nerd with fancy neckwear who streams Star-Trek?

A shy, wry, bi guy in a fly tie watching sci-fi on wi-fi.

I looked up the best romcom sci fi movies and this was one of them

7(#1  #4  #2)  8(#3  #5) #2  3  #4   Note word count corrected - Thanks John.

One line.  Homophones abound. Definite article not pictured.
Picture 2.  2 clues in one.
Last Picture. Past tense.

I am leaving this out for Santa.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 06:22:28 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: December 12, 2022, 02:04:27 AM »

Why didn't you use your photo for your rebus? :D >:D

Hi Jack

A great post & a cracking rebus.  There are two reasons!  I only know how to attach a photo at the bottom of my post & not how to incorporate it in the rebus & I was a bit worried about scaring the natives :laugh:  I'll try & attach one at the end of this.  Wonder if you can guess where it was taken!

It's -1oc here today.  Misty & bitterly cold.  I've been out & defrosted my car & turned it round so it's nose is up against the house.  Hoping to make things a bit easier in the morning.  I think there's an expression there somewhere. 
Bob Hope & no hope

My rebus is a record from about 15 years after I was born.  Suspect you'll find it a bit easy peasy! I'll try & make it a little tricky.

#4 #3 8 (#4 + #4)

Please replace the first two letters of picture one with just one letter.  You need the last three letters of picture two & please ignore Sherlock Holmes in the last picture.  Please pretend it's all on one line.

One afternoon in the Arctic, a father polar bear and his son were fishing in the snow. The son turned to his father and asked, "Dad, am I 100% polar bear?"
"Of course son.  You're 100% polar bear."
A few minutes pass, and the son turns to his father again and says, "Dad, please tell me the truth. I can take it. Am I 100% polar bear? No brown bear or panda bear or grizzly bear?"
"Son, I'm 100% polar bear and your mother is 100% polar bear, so you're definitely all polar bear."
A few more minutes pass, and the son again turns to his father and says, "Dad, don't think you're sparing my feelings if it's not true. I really need to know... am I really 100% polar bear?"
Exasperated by this continued questioning, the father finally asked his son, "Why on earth do you keep asking if you're 100% polar bear?"
"Because I'm freezing to death out here!"

Leave you with a very naff joke ;D

Picture's enormous :o  Any way of making it smaller?? Help please :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 06:07:25 AM by Hobbit »

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: December 12, 2022, 02:58:02 AM »
How very lovely to see you, Pen.  Rocking some great pink hair and looking very glam!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: December 12, 2022, 06:11:25 AM »
How very lovely to see you, Pen.  Rocking some great pink hair and looking very glam!  >:D

Thanks Linda :)  Great to hear from you.  Hope you are improving and in less pain and are a bit more mobile now.
Penx

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8782 on: December 12, 2022, 06:31:27 AM »

Now you have used it in the forum, you can use it the same as any picture from the internet, e.g.

P.S. There would be probably standard graphics software on your system which has a resize function which you could use on your original.

Thanks Jack :-*

I've removed my ginormous effort!  The picture was originally on my phone so I e-mailed it to myself & downloaded it onto my laptop.  I found a function to resize it but every time I attached it to my post it stayed the same size.  After about four attempts I got fed up and left it as it was :-R

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: December 12, 2022, 08:53:50 AM »
I've removed my ginormous effort! 
I found a function to resize it but every time I attached it to my post it stayed the same size. 

Hi again,

When you removed your picture, there was no longer a URL to address.   So it took out my resized photos too.  So I have deleted the post as it no longer makes sense to somebody coming across it for the first time.

When you resized your photo did you remember save the resized image and overwrite the original or save a copy with a different name and attach that instead of the original.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 10:18:10 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: December 12, 2022, 09:03:36 AM »

When you resized your photo did you remember save the resized image and overwrite the original or save a copy with a different name and attach that instead of the original.

Me again Jack.
Thanks :) I don't think I did save it which is obviously where I fell down. I live & learn :laugh:

Not fancying the morning much. It's minus 3 at the moment  :(

Need my bed  :-Y

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8785 on: December 12, 2022, 10:16:49 AM »
I live & learn :laugh:
It's minus 3 at the moment  :(

Hi Pen

We are looking forward to your photo returning resized.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: December 12, 2022, 10:42:19 PM »

We are looking forward to your photo returning resized.

Hi Jack

I opened the front door this morning to find my car covered in about 3 or 4 inches of snow :o  I was not expecting that!  I checked the Met Office last night and there was no mention of snow in Milton Keynes :-R  Thankfully it was quite light & fluffy so I was able to sweep it off.  Was pleased to get to work :laugh:

I'm entering my rebus for definitely the easiest peasiest one ever :laugh:  Not sure you need a word count!

#3 7 (#4 + #3)

Please use the second half of the actor's surname.

I'll have another bash at resizing my photo later when I'm home  :)

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: December 12, 2022, 10:49:01 PM »
Hope you are improving and in less pain and are a bit more mobile now.
Penx

I am improving quite considerably, thanks Pen.  Managed to walk around Kendal without any aid the other day but still a bit limpy!  Not much snow up here yet but very frosty and sunny so everything looks beautiful.

Fried eggs on toast for lunch!  Went to a neighbour's party yesterday and feeling a bit rough from the effects of the glass or two (or was it three?) of mulled wine I felt obliged to drink!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: December 13, 2022, 12:21:43 AM »

I am improving quite considerably, thanks Pen.

Fried eggs on toast for lunch!  Went to a neighbour's party yesterday and feeling a bit rough from the effects of the glass or two (or was it three?) of mulled wine I felt obliged to drink!!  >:D

That's great news Linda :)  Just PLEASE don't slip on the ice.  Treacherous under foot here.

Jealous of your lunch  :laugh:  Mine was a boring cheese & coleslaw sarnie.  Didn't set my world on fire!

It would have been very rude of you not to enjoy your neighbour's hospitality  >:D  Hopefully you'll feel a bit more human later :)  Mulled wine tends to be red I think?  If you normally drink white then that might explain why you feel a bit rough.  Especially if it was made with a heavy duty red.

Penx

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: December 13, 2022, 06:18:34 AM »
I'm back Jack

Drive home was better than the drive in this morning.  Still bitterly cold & the snow's hanging around :(

I've resized the photo & going to see what it looks like now.

This tickled me  ;D

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 06:22:15 AM by Hobbit »