Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 820433 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #8550 on: September 29, 2022, 11:29:02 PM »

Blue has submitted some new definitions for the Aussie slang dictionary

I realise I have been a bit slack on rebuses lately, so here is a makeup of 3 rebuses that are easy to set up but hopefully will make you think.

Hi Jack

I'm having an extremely busy day & struggling with a headache.  I shall be very glad when it's going home time.

Blue is a real tonic & made me laugh out loud - love it :laugh:

I've only managed to suss one of your rebuses.  I will return to them later on this evening - when I'm fed & watered.

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #8551 on: September 29, 2022, 11:42:10 PM »

I realise I have been a bit slack on rebuses lately, so here is a makeup of 3 rebuses that are easy to set up but hopefully will make you think.

The final picture in the first rebus was missing in my browser - fortunately I've got a workaround for this situation:
If the number of images doesn't match the number of # words you have, quote your post and highlight the image descriptors then right-click the highlighted text and select go to xxxxx

If I'm not mistaken, this is another option for that third image:

Whilst I believe I've got all your rebuses, I did find them quite fiendish...  >:D >:D >:D

The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: September 30, 2022, 04:29:44 AM »
I'm back Jack

I have answers for your devilishly clever & very sneaky rebuses >:D  Gave my poor old tired brain a proper workout :laugh:  I have fairly confident answers for two but am a bit iffy on the third! Brilliant :)

Going to search for a few words then flake out in front of the box.  Very knacked :-Y & very glad it's Friday tomorrow.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: September 30, 2022, 04:04:28 PM »
Spoiler Alert
My three rebuses
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: October 01, 2022, 12:02:28 AM »
Hi Jack

I got two & a half of your excellent rebuses.  Does that score me about 8/10? >:D

I've had a busy morning & just been out for a walk.  It's blowing a gale & heavy rain is forecast from about 3.  It's a bit too bracing for comfort :laugh:

My rebus is a treat for a sweet tooth :-H

#5 #4 #3 #5 #6

Please change the first letter of the fourth picture.  Just one homophone. Please pretend it's all on one line.

The postman posted a large brown envelope through the door this morning that was marked "Do Not Bend"...
I thought "How on earth am I going to pick that up then!"

« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 12:06:52 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: October 01, 2022, 05:25:46 PM »
Hi Pen,

We had an unscheduled trip to the dentist at Coorparoo this morning which knocked a slice out of our day.  When we got home, I had the choice of adding a rebus to the post I was working on before we left or watching The Hitman’s Bodyguard.  The movie won.   I thought it could have done with a bit more action and swearing and a little less romance,  >:D but I can see why you liked it.

I am still struggling with your rebus.   Spoiler alert -. This is my best guess.  Am I on the right track?

When Blue wore his contact lenses, he kept seeing Russian aircraft flying around in front of his eyes. The doctor said it could be some kind of optical Ilyushins.

Blue was given haggis as an inflight meal. He said he had bad food before, but that was plane offal.

Blue asked for water. The flight attendant said “Still?”. Blue said “Well, I haven’t changed my mind that quickly”.

Blue went on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday last year. He said “Never again”.

Blue told me you went for the budget version of a holiday to Derbyshire this year, staying in the Off-Peak District.

Blue has bought an old aircraft, taken the wings off, and turned it into a restaurant. I don’t think it will take off.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: October 01, 2022, 08:59:25 PM »
Hi Jack. Loved Blue - made me laugh out loud :laugh: Zoe & I roared with laughter at your assessment of the Hitman's Bodyguard :laugh: :laugh: We'll be interested to know what you think of the second one.
You have the last three words of my rebus right so you're on the right lines  ;) Second picture is a homophone. I'll give you a clue on the first picture when I get on my laptop after lunch :-H
Pen

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: October 01, 2022, 09:45:02 PM »
Hi Pen,

Carol gave me hints which gave me a credible solution.  I now know one of the principal characters of Chicken Run and to put the homophone  into the past tense.

It was a top rebus.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: October 02, 2022, 01:06:37 AM »

Carol gave me hints which gave me a credible solution.  I now know one of the principal characters of Chicken Run and to put the homophone  into the past tense.

It was a top rebus.

Thanks Jack & thanks to Carol for helping out :)  With hindsight it would have been helpful if I'd said the homophone was past tense :-R

I'm not sure it'd be your cup of tea but I love Chicken Run.  It's made by the same folks who did Wallace & Gromit.  I've lost count of how many times I've watched The Wrong Trousers! That penguin is a truly evil villain :laugh:

Here's a couple of quick & easy puzzles for you. Both are sayings.

#5 #4 9 (#5 + #5)

First three letters of picture two & it's a homophone. I know my sums don't add up!  Please run the last two words into one another.  Please pretend it's all on one line.
Sorry for mistake  :(-  corrected it now.

My second rebus is a say what you see.  I have a suspicion I may have used it before & if that's the case then a thousand apologies.  I did have a good search.

#5 #5 #6 #1 #4

Bruce was chatting to Blue.  "In future please keep your windows & curtains closed when making love to Sheila.  All the street were outside yesterday evening laughing at all the noises you were both making."
Blue replies "Well the jokes on them - I wasn't even at home yesterday!"

Leave you with this very silly joke  ;D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 06:13:39 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: October 03, 2022, 07:36:23 AM »
Hi Pen,

The itinerant mob have returned from the Gold Coast and today is a public holiday here, so things could be a bit hectic today.

I thought I would add a twist to your joke about Blue and Sheila. 

Bruce was chatting to Blue.  "In future, please keep your windows and curtains closed when making love to Sheila.  All the street were outside yesterday evening laughing at all the noises you were both making."

Blue replies "Well the jokes on them - I wasn't even at home yesterday and neither was Sheila.  This morning, we just got back from a holiday down to the Southern Highlands to visit old friends, but I’ll tell you what!  We’ll never get Airbnb to let our house again."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 07:38:47 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: October 03, 2022, 09:23:30 AM »
Hi Pen,

A quick rebus

Another saying.

#7 1  #4  7(#3  #4)

Indefinite article not pictured. Conceptually one line.

Picture 1. Present participle.
Picture 2. Replace the first letter with another in one of the man from Avon’s nicknames
Picture 4. Replace the first letter with another.

Further hint: the replacement letters are adjacent in the alphabet.

Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: October 03, 2022, 07:15:50 PM »
Hi Pen,

Another quick rebus

Another saying.

#2  #4   #2  #2  #5

Two Homophones. Conceptually one line.
Picture 3. The picture is a 5-letter word but you only need the last two.
Picture 5. Not the boy.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: October 04, 2022, 12:53:52 AM »

The itinerant mob have returned from the Gold Coast and today is a public holiday here, so things could be a bit hectic today.

I thought I would add a twist to your joke about Blue and Sheila. 

Hi Jack

It's been very hectic here today so far.  The morning went by in a flash!  Your twist on my joke tickled me :laugh:

I enjoyed your rebuses & managed to wrestle them both into submission ;)

My simple rebus is another cautionary saying!

#4 #5 #4 #5

Please change the first letter of the second picture. Having thought about it I probably should add that you only need to use the first part of the two word mathematical symbol in picture three please.

"Well, I reckon you've been a pretty good horse," said the farmer. "You work hard and I ain't had to call the vet to you much. I only wish you pulled the plough a bit faster."
"NO!" shrieked the horse, "I said 'feedbag' not 'feedback'."

Just checking if Linda's paying attention >:D

« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:39:12 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 07:50:11 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: October 04, 2022, 02:00:07 PM »
Hi Pen,

It is pretty quite here today.  The boys are back at school.  Their parents are at work and we oldies are flaked out after walking the dogs.

Blue asked me, “How do you catch a polar bear?”
I said,”How the hell would I know? How do you?”.
“You cut a hole in the ice and you put peas all round the edge and when the polar bear comes along and stops for a pea, you kick it in the ice hole.

Blue had three budgies in a cage, one on the top perch, one on the middle and one on the  bottom perch.   Blue asked me, “Which Budgie do I own? “
I said,”How the hell would I know? Which do you own?”.
“The one on the bottom perch, the other two are on higher perches”

Blue is walking down the street with a lobster tucked under his arm.   
He meets Yobbo who has a habit of stating the obvious.
"Are you taking that lobster home for dinner?" he asks. 
"No," says Blue with a cheeky grin, "he's had his dinner  and now I'm taking him to the pictures".

A loudmouth from outback Queensland was in Blue’s pub.
"You know," he says, "I can get in my Rolls Royce at 7 a.m., drive all day long and still be on my  property."
"Yes," replies Blue, "I had a car like that once."

Today the answer to the rebus is the response of a man, acknowledged as a genius, to the question how he had achieved so much.

#2  #8  2  3  9(#5  #4)  #2  #6

Position is important. Line 1 – Picture 1&2.  Line 2 – Pictures 3-6.  Definite article not pictured.
Picture 1.  The first and last letters of 4.
Picture 2.  Any one. Present participle.
Picture3.  Foreground. Homophone.
Picture 4. Sound.  Plural. homophone
Picture 5.   First 2 letters of 5.
Picture 6.  When I chose this picture I thought there were definely three people.  It has been pointed out to me that there only appears to be two legs.  Please treat it as being a picture of at least two people.

a modern alternatative to picture 6.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 07:36:55 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack