Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814362 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #8505 on: September 16, 2022, 11:02:45 PM »

Madeleine has confirmed it is a wire-haired Jack Russell

I think that’s a bit unfair, Pen.  The last time I had sex on a beach you would still have been in kindergarten.  >:D

I don’t know what made me think of this.  >:D

Hi Jack

Would it be me by any chance? :laugh:  :laugh:

Fire!

I've posted this clip before many moons ago but Madeleine may not have seen it first time round.

At least you've had sex on a beach - even if it was about 20 or 30 years ago >:D  I never have, though I do wonder if you might end up with sand in places you'd rather not :laugh:

I haven't sussed your rebus yet.  I do have an answer for John's but I'm not certain I have it right.  It fits the word pattern but not the pictures.  Perhaps we have a slightly different variation.

My rebus is an expression I said to Barbs this morning while we were walking.

#5 #3 #3 #4

What is Kermit?  please drop the last letter & re-arrange what you have left.  Please lose the first letter of picture three & pretend it's on one line.

I think these may give you a clue as to where I'm going in a little while. Only a check up but I'll be glad when it's done!

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: September 17, 2022, 06:41:39 AM »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: September 18, 2022, 09:28:50 PM »
Hi Jack

It's sunny here at the moment but the wind's a bit nippy.  Been for a walk & going to attempt to finish this before lunch. (corned beef & tomato sarnie Linda :))

My rebus is a book published in the 19th century. (I'm really hoping I haven't used it before)

#3 6 (#3 + #3) #2 8 (#4 + #4) #4

THE

Please reverse picture one.  You need the surname of the singer in picture two & also the character in the last picture.  Please reverse picture three & lose the first two letters.  Please pretend it's all on one line.

Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.

Always try to be modest. And be proud of it!

A clear conscience is a sign of a bad memory.

I'm far too easily distrac...

Time for lunch I think :-H

« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 09:30:58 PM by Hobbit »

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: September 19, 2022, 12:41:18 AM »
(corned beef & tomato sarnie Linda :))

Lovely!  I had egg and tomato and, of course, salad cream for my sarnie today. 

Chinese takeaway tonight.  Can't wait!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: September 19, 2022, 01:50:23 AM »

Chinese takeaway tonight.  Can't wait!!  >:D
Very jealous Linda :laugh: Sausage roll for me. Might have to leave it in the fridge til tomorrow & hot foot it to the Chinese takeaway up the road!
Enjoy :)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: September 19, 2022, 02:31:05 AM »
roast beef, yorkie puds, roast pots, carrots, peas, broccoli and beefy gravy (mopped up with crusty bread).
The downside is I have to prepare and cook it.

There is plenty to go around if you can be here by 7.30pm
See you later?

Gareth

You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Scouser1952

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: September 19, 2022, 03:30:26 AM »
Hells, bells Gareth, a little more notice next time please, I’ll bring the beer & wine.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: September 19, 2022, 04:08:48 AM »
and I'll just bring myself Gareth  :laugh:  I haven't had a roast for yonks.  It's not really something you can do for one.  I do sometimes have the M&S roast chicken in a big yorkie pud but it's not the same as proper home cooked grub. I'm now jealous of both you & Linda as I was too lazy to get in the car & drive to the Chinese!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: September 19, 2022, 05:48:07 PM »
Hi Pen,

I was trying to do something fancy and I bombed out.  I’ll have another go tomorrow.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: September 20, 2022, 12:58:50 AM »

I was trying to do something fancy and I bombed out.  I’ll have another go tomorrow.

Hi Jack

I've just been for a walk & got back & made a cuppa.  I watched some of the funeral earlier.

My rebus today is a an old English proverb dating back to the 16th century.

#1 #4 #3 #3 #5 #3 #4 #6

A

Please lose the last letter of the third picture & the first letter of the fifth.  Who painted picture four?  please change the last letter.  Finally lose the last letter of picture six & reverse what you have left.  Please pretend it's all on one line.
Hope you can pick the bones out of that :laugh:

Leave you with this

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: September 20, 2022, 10:01:50 AM »

Hi Pen,

This morning was the first morning we have walked Bonnie before breakfast since last winter. I had breakfast on the patio.  The weather is perfect now.  About 18oC at 7.00am and the high twenties during the day.

I was working on a novel way of presenting a rebus, but I couldn’t solve the technical problems.  I’ll keep working on it.  In the meantime, here is an easy straightforward one – a song written by Lead Belly.

#4  #6  #4

Only 2 homophones.  It should fit on one line.  If it doesn’t, pretend it does.

And finally

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: September 20, 2022, 07:21:55 PM »

This morning was the first morning we have walked Bonnie before breakfast since last winter. I had breakfast on the patio.  The weather is perfect now.  About 18oC at 7.00am and the high twenties during the day.

G'day Jack

I'm very envious!  It's grey & chilly here - a paltry 12oc :(  I just bumped into my neighbour, Pat, & she said she put her heating on this morning!  I have to keep reminding myself how I moaned throughout all those weeks when it was roasting hot :laugh:

I'm picking Barbs up in about half an hour.  We're going for a walk then lunching at the Nut & Squirrel pub :-H

I have an answer for your rebus but not sure if I have it right.

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #8517 on: September 20, 2022, 11:29:41 PM »
Pen,
If you're looking to saving on heating, consider zoning your home (closing doors to other rooms) and only heating those parts you are in most often. Also you might want to consider a heated throw rug (available here in Australia for around $A80) for personal heating for when you are sitting still.

Of course, insulation is important, as is draughtproofing - for the latter, find an old audio cassette tape; take out about 20cm (8") of tape and go around the doors, windows and skirtings on a windy day - it will flutter like crazy in the slightest breeze. Then check out www.greenityourself.com.au for videos on how to seal those gaps. The woman who runs that site was very obviously pregnant while she was doing her own home...

Reach out if you would like some more tips...  ;D ;D ;D
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: September 21, 2022, 04:25:23 AM »
Thanks for your advice John.  My house is fairly small - a 3 bed end of terrace. It's generally plenty warm enough in winter unless it's bitterly cold, snowing & blowing a gale.  The stairs come down into the living room so I can't completely shut myself in. The floors downstairs are concrete & even with carpet & underlay my feet are sometimes cold!
I think I'm feeling the cold a bit at the moment because of the drop in temperature over the last week or 2.  In my head I shouldn't switch the heating on in September :laugh:

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: September 21, 2022, 06:08:07 AM »
In my head I shouldn't switch the heating on in September :laugh:

Makes sense to me!

After several nice days, we turned the air conditioning back on here. Current outdoor temp is 92°F/33.3°C and the humidity pushes the heat index to 99°F/37.2°C  :P

We try (and are usually successful) to not turn on furnace until November. During heating season we keep the thermostat at 62°F/16.6°C during the day and 58°F/14.4°C at night.