Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 821788 times)

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #7620 on: January 25, 2022, 06:51:37 AM »
John has reported that this picture did not come out in my rebus. I have tried it on several OS and browsers -and there is no problem.

If you also can’t see a picture, would you let me know what OS and browser you are using.

Browsers which cannot see picture: Vivaldi, Brave
Browsers which can see picture: Chromium, Firefox, Pale Moon

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #7621 on: January 25, 2022, 08:43:48 AM »
Browser: Avast Secure Browser Version 96.0.13468.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Still couldn't see the image Jack (but I know what it is...) - it's there in Chrome; Edge and Firefox
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 08:48:53 AM by ridethetalk »
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: January 25, 2022, 10:32:21 AM »
Thanks, Trex and John,

I am not sure what I can do to avoid this from happening in the future.  I thought it may be some form of copyright that your systems were particularly sensitive to.  However, the image in question was specifically labelled as royalty free.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards, Jack

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: January 25, 2022, 10:54:26 AM »
Thanks, Trex and John,

I am not sure what I can do to avoid this from happening in the future.  I thought it may be some form of copyright that your systems were particularly sensitive to.  However, the image in question was specifically labelled as royalty free.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Would there be a difference between placing the pic in a sentence/paragraph and giving it its own paragraph/separating it?

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #7625 on: January 25, 2022, 03:36:01 PM »
from the Atlanta Daily:

SINGLE BLACK FEMALE seeks male companionship, ethnicity unimportant. I'm a very good looking girl who LOVES to play. I love long walks in the woods, riding in your pickup truck, hunting, camping and fishing trips, cosy winter nights lying by the fire. Candlelight dinners will have me eating out of your hand. Rub me the right way and watch me respond. I'll be at the front door when you get home from work, wearing only what nature gave me. Kiss me and I'm yours. Call (404) 874-7421 and ask for Petra. Over 10,000 men found themselves talking to the Atlanta Humane Society about a 6-week old black Labrador puppy.

Men are so easy....
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: January 25, 2022, 04:09:03 PM »
Hi again, Trex.

I think I understand your suggestion but I am not clear how I could fit it into a rebus. 

Testing would also be difficult for me as I am not losing the pic.  It would need you, John or others who are not getting the picture to test your hypothesis.

Or have I totally missed the point?
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #7627 on: January 25, 2022, 05:03:03 PM »
A 1965 song recorded for the Motown label. It seems this has been covered by almost everybody!!!

#4 2 #3 #4 #2 #4
location, location, location and homophones; image 2 is singular; notionally one line…

« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 05:07:45 PM by ridethetalk »

Maudland

• Cryptoverbalist
  • London, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: January 25, 2022, 10:39:55 PM »
Finally, I got a couple of rebuses!

The compilation one had me puzzling - I know it under a different name but the numbers didn’t fit! (Kind of got the answer though?)

Much head scratching …

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #7629 on: January 25, 2022, 11:48:22 PM »
Madeleine, it gets easier with time...  ;D ;D ;D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: January 26, 2022, 02:21:40 AM »
Hi Jack

Had a very busy morning.  I've just arrived at fracture clinic & hoping for a gentler afternoon.  My colleagues tell me there aren't too many patients this afternoon so fingers crossed!

My puzzle today is a 1960's TV programme.  It had a second outing about 20 odd years ago.

7 (#3 + #4) #3 7 (#3 + #4) (#8)

Please change the second letter of the second picture.  You need the character on the left on the fifth picture.

Ian Feasey, Captain of HMS Queen Elizabeth welcoming Fred, a new Galley cook under his command.
Ian:  "Please show me your belly button."
Fred: "Pardon?"
Ian:  "It's a matter of national security. Please, show me your belly button!"
Fred: "What on earth are you talking about.  Leave me alone!"
Ian:  "I'm collecting navel intelligence!!"

I'm not sure why but this really tickled me...It's the little things ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:26:01 AM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: January 26, 2022, 07:14:25 AM »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: January 26, 2022, 02:56:36 PM »
Hi Pen,

Today is Australia Day.

I can think of no better way of celebrating it than by a rebus on a 1960 novel about Australian Aborigines and the injustices they suffered. It is set in the Northern Territory in the 1930s and 1940s.  It is appropriate to honour its author, a remarkable Australian born in Yorkshire, and the story he tells, on this day. The spoiler alert tomorrow morning will have a little surprise in it for you.

#2    8(#3  #5)  #7

Picture 4.  Don’t worry who they are, it is what they are doing.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:59:24 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #7633 on: January 26, 2022, 05:41:06 PM »
I've downloaded the book, Jack, and look forward ( :-X) to reading it in due course...

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: January 26, 2022, 06:06:36 PM »
Funnily enough...I too downloaded the book, and I'm just about to start reading it. I've never heard of it...so here goes. Thanks, Jack.
Redlands , Queensland, Australia