Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814374 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #7065 on: October 31, 2021, 10:54:53 PM »

I found Pen’s rebus to be one of the cleverest and most cryptic that we have had.

Hi Jack

Greetings from a very wet & windy Milton Keynes.  It wasn't too much of a hardship coming to work when the weather's so grotty.  I'm a bit flummoxed by changing the clocks :laugh:  I spend about a week trying to work out what time it would have been if we hadn't put the clocks back.  An entirely pointless exercise but I do it twice a year :-R

Thank you for your kind comments about my last rebus :)  I was a bit stumped for an idea & was a bit worried it wouldn't work.  Like you I would be interested in feedback about our rebuses.

My rebus today is a song which I thought might be appropriate!  It's been covered many times by different artists

#5 #5 #2 #7

First word is an adjective. Please remove the first letter of picture three.

Half an hour til lunch ;)  Cheese & pickle sarnie today - I know how to live life on the edge :laugh:
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: November 01, 2021, 06:48:31 AM »
Hi Again Jack

I just found this Simon's Cat.  It tickled me :laugh:

Puppy

Hope it tickles you too!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: November 01, 2021, 08:52:11 PM »
Hi Jack

Just trying to raise a little enthusiasm & gearing up for a busy morning.

A quick puzzle from me.  It's an album from the 1970's which was quite groundbreaking at the time.

#4 #4 #2 #3 #4

THE

Please change the first letter of the first picture.  The second picture is a homophone - past tense.  Please lose the last letter of the third picture & you're looking for the surname of the character!!

Phew need a lie down now :laugh:

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #7068 on: November 01, 2021, 11:19:29 PM »
Hi Jack

I'm pleased to say I've done much better with today's rebus than yesterday's.  I thought the lady in the last picture was doing yoga :-R
Wrong on so many levels!!

I guess you could say that Jack had a ball with that one...  ;)
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: November 02, 2021, 01:45:49 AM »
I guess you could say that Jack had a ball with that one...  ;)

good job he didn't take his eye off it... ;D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: November 02, 2021, 08:12:20 AM »
warning

Do not follow Penny’s link to Simon’s cat
Unless you have
Time aplenty.
Anyone who has ever lived
W a cat will be
Immediately transfixed.
Episode after episode
Captures the essence
Of catness
[/color]

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: November 02, 2021, 11:44:59 AM »

Hi Pen,

Blue fell in love with sheila because she made the best coffee ever.  He didn’t want to lose her so he asked her to marry him. Shortly after they were married, she started serving him instant coffee. He was so upset that he decided to divorce her.
When the judge heard his case, he said “you can’t divorce her for serving you instant coffee !”
Why not?” Blue asked
No grounds!” Came the reply.

I was just about to start a rebus when I had a thought (yes, once in a blue moon, it still happens :D). 

Not one forumite responded to the request for feedback.  One conclusion could be that the rebuses have had their day and that people have lost interest in them but are too polite to say so?  So I am going to give the rebuses a rest for a while. 

Pen and I will give some thought to whether there are other features that could be included in posts to make them more interesting and which could be easier for forumites to contribute to if they wished to.  Suggestions would be welcomed.e.g. Grandma's favorite recipe, a book review,
Regards, Jack

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: November 02, 2021, 01:47:20 PM »
Hi Pen and Jack

This little black duck will miss your daily rebus

Carol
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 03:56:44 PM by 2dognight »

blackrockrose

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Muswellbrook, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Rosetta Writes
« Reply #7074 on: November 02, 2021, 03:39:12 PM »
I really like your rebuses, Jack and Pen, but I'm not great at remembering the names of movies and albums. I'm better at book titles, historical events and well-known expressions.

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: November 02, 2021, 07:01:24 PM »
Hi Jack and Penny.
Well that's one way to get a response from this procrastinator! Please don't stop posting your rebuses...unless it's because you have had enough of doing them! I enjoy the puzzles and appreciate the efforts you put into them, but of course it's up to the 2 of you whether they continue or not.
Moyra 
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #7076 on: November 02, 2021, 08:18:59 PM »

I was just about to start a rebus when I had a thought (yes, once in a blue moon, it still happens :D). 

Not one forumite responded to the request for feedback.  One conclusion could be that the rebuses have had their day and that people have lost interest in them but are too polite to say so?  So I am going to give the rebuses a rest for a while. 

I messaged you...  ??? ??? ???
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: November 03, 2021, 01:10:43 AM »
Hi good friends,

Your encouraging feedback has given me the motivation to attack the rebuses with renewed vigor.  But not tonight.  I need another 4-5 hours sleep.

It would be good if we could get some more conversations going.. I really enjoyed Pen’s banter about her lunchtime culinary delights with several forumites.

I do see this thread as a community of good friends which always welcomes new friends.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 03:15:29 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: November 03, 2021, 02:45:33 AM »
Hi Jack

I was very chuffed to read the positive feedback :)  I'm happy to continue posting rebuses.  I can't promise one every day or how much vigor will be involved >:D

You could say I'm
#4 #2 #3 #5

Please lose the first letter of the second picture & re-arrange the letters in picture three. You can substitute the first picture with either of these.

I rather suspect that this expression is extinct :laugh:  I found it on the Word Histories website.

I couldn't find my scraper to clear the ice off my frozen windscreen this morning. I tried using my Sainsbury's Reward card...
No good at all - I only managed to get 5% off!

Here's something to amuse you for about 30 seconds :laugh:

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: November 04, 2021, 12:14:49 AM »
It would be good if we could get some more conversations going.. I really enjoyed Pen’s banter about her lunchtime culinary delights with several forumites.

I must admit I have been negligent in reporting on the lunchtime culinary delights of late but fear not I am here to report that today is a mushroom soup and sourdough toast day.  Not vastly exciting but I am saving myself for my roast chicken dinner tonight! I bet Pen is having some sort of exotic sandwich - corned beef perhaps?  I know she likes to live on the culinary edge!!  >:D