Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 821031 times)

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #7035 on: October 24, 2021, 01:56:53 PM »
Have one on me, Penny. Happy birthday 🍷

ridethetalk

• Eulexic
  • Energy efficiency - saving money and the climate
    • View Profile
    • Ride the Talk
« Reply #7036 on: October 24, 2021, 02:05:57 PM »
Enjoy your wee drop of fizz, Penny.
The greenest watt ever produced is the one you never use. Playing as jk1956 & John is my name.
When we come out of the Covid-19 crisis, we need to make sure recovery efforts address the Climate Crisis (which can't be solved using social distancing!)

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: October 24, 2021, 06:47:01 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PENNY

Enjoy your day and don't let the glass stay empty for too long   XXXXXXXXX

Gareth
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: October 24, 2021, 09:12:54 PM »
Have a very Happy Birthday, Pen!  I hope your day is full of lots of good things to eat and drink.  I will raise a glass (or two as I don't work Mondays!) of something dry, white and chilled to you this evening!  xx

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: October 25, 2021, 01:48:15 AM »
Happy Birthday! No pink to hand at the moment but it is fast approaching nibbles and drinkies time here so I will toast you with a dry white! Christine.X

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: October 25, 2021, 05:14:38 AM »
Thanks so much to you all for your smashing birthday wishes :)  Made my day.  I'll be joining Linda in a day off tomorrow so I'll raise a glass (or 2 >:D) of pink plonk to all of you a little later & toast your very good health & happiness :) 

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: October 25, 2021, 06:50:35 AM »
Hi Pen,

I might have to change my views on Rosé although I think it was the occasion that made the difference.

Blue and Sheila were watching the television. Sheila looked at Blue and saw him staring at the ceiling above her head. She asked him what he was staring at. He said it was a spider. Sheila told Blue she did not see anything, and he said it must have fallen on her head. She abruptly jumped up and screamed. Then Blue said, "while you are up, can you get me another beer?"

My rebus is another event celebrated on 24 October – although not as important as Pen’s birthday. :)

6( #1  #5)      7( #3  #4)     #3     Conceptually one line.

Time to go.  Enjoy your day off.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 06:52:13 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: October 25, 2021, 09:42:27 PM »

I might have to change my views on Rosé although I think it was the occasion that made the difference.

Hi Jack

It's lovely not having to rush & tear about on a Monday morning :)  It's a beautiful sunny day so far - hope it lasts!

I knew you'd come over to the dark side >:D  I rather overindulged yesterday evening toasting all the Forumites so I'm taking it easy today :laugh:  Have the latest episodes of Endeavour made it to you yet?  I watched the third one in the series last night (Terminus).  It was very scary & almost had me hiding behind a cushion :laugh:

I sussed your rebus :)  Coincidentally my sister's birthday is 4th July which is American Independence Day.  I did briefly think about attempting it as a rebus but thought better of it!  Instead my fairly simple rebus is the conclusion of something that happened on this day in the 15th century.

#3 #6 #2 9 (#1 #3 #5)

THEA
Please lose the last letter of the second picture & change the first letter of the third one & pretend it's all on one line.

Two German agents walk into a pub in London during WW2 and one of them said to the waiter, “Two martinis, please.”
The barman asked, “Dry?”
To which the customer replied, “Nein! Zwei!”

What did Shakespeare eat for lunch?
Caesar salad!

A polar bear walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer. The barman says, “£17, please.”
The polar bear pays and takes a seat.
Bemused, the barman approaches and says, “This is exciting, we don’t get many polar bears in here!” To which the polar bear replies, “I’m not surprised with beer at £17 a pint.”

Leave you with a couple of naff jokes ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 09:44:18 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: October 26, 2021, 04:24:52 AM »
Hi Pen,

I didn’t know they had released series 8.  Apparently, it is available on Foxtel Now. I’ll check it out.

Blue and his friends raise horses of great height and they love to sit around and makeup stories about their animals. Their wives think that their husbands just share tall tails.  They need to come down off their high horse.

Blue had been searching for ages for his keys. Then Sheila said, “Try looking harder”.
So he got a skinhead haircut and tattoos, but he still couldn’t find them.

The Subject of my sounds-like rebus was an important document signed over a hundred years ago.

6(#4  #2)  2  10(#4   #6)

of

Conceptually one line.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: October 26, 2021, 05:06:46 AM »
Hi Jack

Had a nice lazy day.  I went for a couple of walks.  One in the lovely sun this morning & a second one later this afternoon.  Sadly I got caught in the rain.  Oh well you can't win 'em all!

The dog in the middle of all the sheep really tickled me :laugh:  I'm a bit stumped with your rebus at the minute but I'll return to it a bit later.

Going to search for a few words & contemplate work tomorrow!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: October 26, 2021, 10:00:50 PM »
Hi Pen,

No luck with Endeavour.  I’ll just have to be patient.

Blue: “How was school today?”
Grandson: “We studied guhzintahs.”
Blue: “Guhzintahs? What are they?”
Grandson: “You know, like 7 guhzintah 28 four times.”

Three woman driving across America and a tangle of possible relationships.  It is possibly the last book I would want to read but it makes a good rebus.  Somebody must like it because it is the eighth in a series.

#1    #4   2   #3   #4

Picture 1.  The last three letters of this verb
Picture 2.  The letter in the middle of this noun
Picture 3. The whole noun.
Picture 4.  Past tense.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: October 26, 2021, 10:06:04 PM »
Going to search for a few words & contemplate work tomorrow!

Hi Jack

I need to beware of what I wish for!  I'm stuck at home - not from my own choosing :(  B messaged me at 6.30 this morning to say she'd had a positive covid test.  Her husband was negative.  Her only symptoms were that she couldn't smell garlic & thyme when she was cooking on Sunday.  As I visited her on Friday I've had to notify my boss & staff health & wellbeing.  They've just phoned me to say that as she didn't develop any symptoms until 48 hours after I saw her I'm free to return to work tomorrow :)  I've had a negative flow test & also went for a drive through test as a precaution. That's about as much excitement as I can stand for one day!

I thought we'd have a bit of culture for my rebus >:D  It's a poem from the 19th century & a piece of music from the early 20th century. - don't know why it popped into my head but here goes nothing.

#3 #4 9 (#3 + #7)

THE
Please change the first letter of the first picture.  I know the sums don't add up but you need to run the last 2 pictures into one another!

A lady goes to the doctor and complains her husband is losing interest in sex.
He gives her a pill but warns her that it's still experimental. He tells her to slip it in his mashed potatoes at dinner. At dinner that night, she does just that.
About a week later she's back at the doctor and tells him, "The pill worked great! I put it in his mashed potatoes like you said.
It wasn't five minutes later that he jumped up, pushed all the food and dishes to the floor, grabbed me, ripped off all my clothes and ravaged me right there on the table."
The doctor says, "Oh dear -- I'm sorry, we didn't realise the pill
was that strong. We will be glad to pay for any damages."
The lady replied, "That's very kind - but I don't think the restaurant will let us back in anyway."

ps I've just spotted your post but I'm going to go ahead with mine anyway & then read yours properly :-*

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: October 27, 2021, 09:36:48 PM »

No luck with Endeavour.  I’ll just have to be patient.

G'day Jack

Greetings from a very grey & windy Bletchley.  It was raining when I was heading into work.  Just for a change the fracture clinic is fairly sedate so far - probably the lull before the storm.

That's a shame about Endeavour - hope it turns up soon :)

My rebus today is a film from the 1980's.  You couldn't pay me enough to watch it :laugh:  Hope I'm not repeating myself.  I should follow your example & keep a note of all my rebuses.

#1 9 (#5 + #4) #2 #3 #6

A

please change the first letter of the second picture.  I don't think this will give you any problems.

Kylie told me that Blue went to the pub & ordered a pint of Less.
"What's Less?" the landlord asked Blue.
"Don't have a clue mate" replied Blue "but the Doc told me to start drinking it"

Nearly lunchtime ;D