Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814109 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #7020 on: October 20, 2021, 11:42:58 PM »
Hi Jack

Greetings from Milton Keynes hospital :)  Another busy day!

My offering today is a play which was first staged in the 1960's.  Think this will be easy peasy ;D

#3'1 #6 #2 #8 #5

'SOF

A minister gave a talk to the Lions Club on sex. When he got home, he couldn't tell his wife that he had spoken on sex, so he said he had discussed horse riding with the members.
A few days later, she ran into some men at the shopping centre and they complimented her on the speech her husband had made.
She said, "Yes, I heard. I was surprised about the subject matter, as he's only tried it twice. The first time he got so sore he could hardly walk, and the second time he fell off."

ps I forgot to say earlier I thought your rebus yesterday was a cracker :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 01:36:08 AM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: October 21, 2021, 04:45:16 AM »
Hi Pen,

We got home from dog training last night just before a big storm broke.  Luckily we have been spared the hail they have been getting in North Qld.

Australian record set as giant 16cm hailstones hammer North Queensland

Queensland: Tornadoes one day, 16cm hailstones the next.

A north Queensland community has been belted with hailstones the size of which Australia has never seen.

A new Australian hail record is believed to have been set after giant ice stones pelted Yalboroo, north of Mackay, on Tuesday afternoon, smashing windshields and drawing the attention of international weather watchers.

The Bureau of Meteorology said it had seen credible footage of hail measuring 16cm in diameter, which would top the previous record of 14cm set in Brisbane’s southwestern suburbs about the same time last year.

It’s very impressive – obviously not for the residents underneath it – but some very impressive hail,” senior meteorologist Dean Narramore said.

We saw some photos of hail next to a tape measure, the team will be looking at that to see if we can verify it.”

Social media was flooded with images of hailstones, some clearly bigger than an adult’s hand.

That’s not hail. That’s more like a glacier,” Karen Gillick wrote on the Higgins Storm Chaser Facebook page.

Blue got himself a seniors' GPS. Not only does it tell him how to get to his destination, it tells him why he wanted to go there.

Blue is amused by people who wonder whether the glass is half empty or half full.  He says they are missing the point.  The glass is refillable

My rebus is a 2003 gripping new medieval Scottish mystery from the leading author of the genre.

Margaret Kerr of Perth is living in Edinburgh with her uncle Murdoch during the summer of 1297. She'd come to search for her long-absent husband who is in the service of Robert the Bruce. Margaret herself is still loyal to the deposed King John Balliol.

3  #4  2  3  #5

The   the    

I’ll leave you with this thought
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: October 21, 2021, 05:29:39 AM »

We got home from dog training last night just before a big storm broke.  Luckily we have been spared the hail they have been getting in North Qld.

Hi Again Jack

Sounds like you got home in the nick of time! The hailstones sound unbelievable :o  I looked up 16 cms & it's more than 6 inches.  That's enough to do serious damage to people & property.  We had a storm in the Midlands a while back & the hailstones, nothing like as big as that, did considerable damage to cars.  Especially windscreens.

I have an answer to your rebus.  Don't have the foggiest idea if it's right or not - I  suspect not :laugh:

Going to give the litte grey cell a small work out then watch some toot telly!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: October 21, 2021, 09:03:59 PM »
G'day Jack

I'm fairly excited as it's Friday tomorrow :-)

I've got nautical expression as my rebus today.

#1 #4 6 (#1+#5) #3 #4

AATHE

Kylie told me that Blue came home in the middle of the day, to find Sheila standing in the middle of their bedroom wearing a red G-string, high heels, and the whole room was flooded.
"What happened here?" he asks.
"I think the waterbed burst" said Sheila.
Just then a guy floats by.
"Who the hells that?" demands Blue.
"I dunno" said a sheepish Sheila "must be a lifeguard."

You know that you're a really boring person when someone steals your identity and then tries to give it back...

« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 09:10:06 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: October 22, 2021, 03:52:45 AM »
Hi Pen,

Just A fleeting visit.  We have a dentist appointment over at Coorparoo at 7:30.

Great rebus.  I'll do the spoiler alert after I post my next one which with a bit of luck will be later today (Friday).

Blue had a great job at the hospital shaving patients in preparation for their spinal surgery, but he got laid off due to cutbacks.

:-Z :-S

Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: October 22, 2021, 11:29:12 PM »
Hi Pen,
If ever I needed evidence that Redland Bay is in a rain shadow, I got it this morning.  At Coorparoo the rain P’d down.  You would think the P stands for poured or pelleted but I was thinking of a more vulgar synonym. When we got home there wasn’t a drop in the rain gauge.

Over dinner tonight we watched an episode of Pointless. One of the questions was to name a country represented by a two picture pun.  I’ll give you 3 of the easier ones although I’ve substituted my pictures for theirs.,

#5   #4

#3  #2

#3   #3

I’ll leave you with this picture which tickled me..

« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 11:31:08 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: October 23, 2021, 01:40:58 AM »
You would think the P stands for poured or pelleted but I was thinking of a more vulgar synonym. When we got home there wasn’t a drop in the rain gauge.

Over dinner tonight we watched an episode of Pointless.

Hi Jack

Do you mean it was raining persistently? >:D

That's a funny coincidence!  I usually watch Pointless while having my tea :)  I didn't realise that Xander & Richard had made it as far as you :laugh:  I also enjoy Richard Osman's House of Games though I very much doubt that's found it's way to you.

That picture tickled me too :laugh:

My simple puzzle is another BBC1 panel game.

#5 #1 #3 #2 #3

Apologies to Mike if he's tuning in!  It's that damned sheep again :-R

I must try & finish the crossword!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: October 23, 2021, 12:10:10 PM »
Do you mean it was raining persistently? >:D
I didn't realise that Xander & Richard had made it as far as you :laugh:  I also enjoy Richard Osman's House of Games though I very much doubt that's found its way to you.

Hi Pen,

Possible but not Probable.  I was thinking of something more in the urinating line.

We used to watch Pointless and the answer to your current rebus for years back in Mittagong.  We have recently caught up with them here.  One of our problems is too much to watch but not enough time.  I haven't noticed House of Games being available here.

Some more countries to decode which are, hopefully, a bit more challenging.

#2   #4

#8  #7

#4   #2

A thought to leave you with.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 12:15:21 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: October 24, 2021, 12:41:47 AM »
I was thinking of something more in the urinating line.

One of our problems is too much to watch but not enough time.

Hi Jack

I guessed that's what you were driving at!  We always say it's persisting it down so I'm on your wavelength :laugh:  I know exactly what you mean -  I find there's either too much to watch or I can't find anything at all.  No happy medium!

I've got two out of three of your countries so far!

I thought for my rebus today I'd try a children's book.  Really hoping I haven't done it before.

5 (#3 + #2) 12 (#4 + #5 #3)

The first picture is singular please & you need the first name of gent in the last picture minus the first letter. Please pretend it's all on one line.

Brother John entered the order for Trappist Monks and the Abbott said, "Brother, this is a silent monastery. You are welcome here as long as you wish, but you may not speak until I direct you to do so."
Brother John lived in the monastery for 5 years before the Abbott said to him: "Brother John, you have been here 5 years now. You may speak two words."
Brother John said, "Hard Bed."
"I'm sorry to hear that," the Abbott said. "We will get you a better bed."
After another 5 years, Brother John was called by the Abbott. "
You may say another two words, Brother John."
"Cold Food," said Brother John, and the Abbott assured him that the food would be better in the future.
On his 15th anniversary at the monastery, the Abbott again called Brother John into his office. "Two words you may say today."
"I Quit," said Brother John.
"It is probably best," said the Abbott. "You've done nothing but complain since you got here."

Zoe & I are going to risk a walk!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 12:44:01 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: October 24, 2021, 04:38:50 AM »

A little premature in your time zone but it has been 24 October here for some hours.

We hope you have a great day and a happy and healthy year.

We have a bottle of Sparkling Pink Rose in our cellar and we thought it would be appropriate to toast you with it later today.

Jack and June x
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: October 24, 2021, 05:35:43 AM »
Thanks Jack and June.

A lovely & very thoughtful birthday greeting.  I'm very touched. Know you're not big fans of the pink stuff and I'll think of you drinking it later & I'll raise a glass of my pink plonk and toast your friendship and very good health :)
Penx

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: October 24, 2021, 07:26:35 AM »
Hi Penny

Happy Birthday

I will join you in a glass of pink stuff to wish you well  - Bird in Hand Sparkling

Carol