Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814707 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #6900 on: September 20, 2021, 04:19:34 AM »

Have you heard about this new virus?

I hadn't heard about the new virus Jack.  It really tickled me & I've definitely been suffering with it for years :laugh:
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: September 20, 2021, 06:32:32 AM »
Hi Pen,
My rebus (so easy peasy I'm almost ashamed to present it) is also a play and it was written almost 20 years before your play.  It also was a film sometime later with a title in German.

#4   #3   3    #3

the    

Picture 2.  Ditch the first letter
Picture 3.  Use only the first three letters

Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: September 20, 2021, 09:23:40 PM »
Hi Jack

It's a bit like wading through treacle this morning!  It was pitch dark when the alarm went off & then when I got into work I couldn't sign into anything.  Took IT several phone calls to sort it out.  When I finally got logged in I had over 80 e-mails :o  Anyway I'm sort of under control now... I hope :laugh:

My rebus is even more easier peasier than yours from yesterday.  It's a hit song from 1980.

#5 #8

You want the third word of the Wallace & Gromit adventure :)

Nearly lunchtime thank goodness :-H
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 01:33:05 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: September 21, 2021, 01:07:51 AM »
Hi Pen,
I know what you mean about wading through treacle.  I’ve spent over six hours in the last two days wielding a high-pressure water cleaner on our patio.  It seems such easy work when you start but I’ve finished each day completely knackered.

Do you remember the time Blue flirted with Buddhism?  He went to the dentist and refused Novocain during a root canal? He wanted to transcend dental medication.

Blue sent ten different puns to friends, in the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh, and of course, no pun in ten did.

Blue ordered a Full Queenslander and refused to pay the bill when they delivered this

My rebus is even more easier peasier than yours from yesterday

Well if this is a contest for the easiest rebus - as the Mortein ad says “when you are on to a good thing stick to it”

7(#5  #2)

Think like an American.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: September 21, 2021, 01:41:13 AM »
I’ve spent over six hours in the last two days wielding a high-pressure water cleaner on our patio.  It seems such easy work when you start but I’ve finished each day completely knackered.

Blue ordered a Full Queenslander and refused to pay the bill when they delivered this

15 minutes to go & counting!!  It's hard word cleaning the patio with a pressure washer & you tend to get filthy into the bargain :(  You have my every sympathy :)

I cannot work out what's missing from Blue's brekkie but it's made me very hungry :-H

:-C

Dragonman

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: September 21, 2021, 01:48:15 AM »
how about a knife and fork?
 :-H
You are UNIQUE....just like everyone else

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: September 21, 2021, 02:27:58 AM »
Well spotted Gareth - I was too busy focusing on the food >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: September 21, 2021, 06:36:29 AM »
Hi Gareth,

When I first saw the meme I couldn't answer the question.  I didn't think of eating utensils either.  So I decided to give it a Queensland urban myth -  that real men in the outback don't consider a breakfast complete without steak.

At a motel in Blackall, the home of the black stump, in the early 90's I ordered steak and eggs for breakfast.  I was expecting the usual minute steak that most motels dish up.  Instead, I got a huge T-bone beautifully cooked.  The motel owner apologised for the fact the steak was a bit tough (I hadn't noticed) because they had 7 years of drought and it would be much better in good seasons.

I have had to moderate my diet since the 90's but I am envious of those that can eat a big breakfast.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: September 21, 2021, 11:20:10 PM »
Hi Jack

Have a bit of a headache today & it's quite stuffy here on Fracture clinic :(  Just a flying visit from me today.

Another simple rebus.  It's a children's book written in the early 1960's.

#5 #3 #3 #5 #5

THE
Please change the first letter of the fourth picture & ignore the kangaroo :laugh:
I'm sure you'll remember who the cricketer is but, just in case, his nickname is the Burnley Express ;)

Three weeks ago I sent my hearing aid in for repair...
I've heard nothing since!

I have been banned from the Secret Cooking Society...
I kept spilling the beans!

Leave you with a couple of daft jokes ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 11:23:41 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: September 22, 2021, 01:40:08 AM »
Quote from: Pen
It's hard work cleaning the patio with a pressure washer & you tend to get filthy into the bargain :(
Hi Pen,
I know what you mean.  As soon as I finished each day it was clothes into the washing machine and me into the shower.

Blue told me his wind turbine wasn’t working.  It must be a no-wind situation.  I told him I wasn’t a fan of his pun.

This guy taught Blue all of his tricks.  Blue wants to know will you play poker with him?

As Blue was getting into bed, she said, “you’re drunk”
Blue said, “How do you know”
She said, “You live next door”.

My simple rebus is a bit smelly on a hot day– a nineteenth-century novel set in Australia.

#7  5   #4

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:41:42 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: September 22, 2021, 04:22:21 AM »

I know what you mean.  As soon as I finished each day it was clothes into the washing machine and me into the shower.

This guy taught Blue all of his tricks.  Blue wants to know will you play poker with him?[

Hi Again Jack

Hope you've nearly finished cleaning the patio.  You'll be celebrating when it's all done - with a glass or 2 of something >:D

Please tell Blue I definitely wouldn't play poker with that guy but I loved his tricks  :laugh:  Funny & clever!

I haven't sorted your rebus.  I'll go back to it in the morning with a fresh pair of eyes.

I'm going to give the little grey cell a small work out then slump in my comfy chair in front of the box.  Very knacked :-Y

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: September 22, 2021, 06:07:46 AM »
SPOILER ALERT – Pen’s Rebus

SPOILER ALERT - My Rebus

Mine is a repeat of the one I presented on 14 June last year with slightly different pictures.  I hoped you'd forgotten it and Mike was too busy to remember he cracked it.
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: September 22, 2021, 04:29:25 PM »
Hi Pen,

I finished cleaning the patio on Tuesday but yesterday was also a busy day putting the furniture back, doing the shopping and visiting the Coorparoo mob.  It was the third night in a row I crashed into bed exhausted.  Tonight is dog training, so looks like a repeat performance.  I am looking forward to a quiet Thursday.

Blue is a perfectionist.  He walked into a bar. Apparently, it wasn't set high enough.

He tells me he used to just crastinate but he got so good at it that he turned pro.

When Blue told me the Prime Minister of Canada just got re-elected I thought he was making it up. It’s Trudeau.

My dead simple rebus is the title of a short-lived television series, made by the BBC, and broadcast over 13 weeks in 1980.

9(#3   #3  #3)

Regards, Jack