Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814683 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #5940 on: April 28, 2021, 06:15:44 AM »
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: April 28, 2021, 10:52:54 AM »
Hi Pen,

The subject of my rebus today is a tragic event that happened 25 years ago.  The only good thing about it was that it resulted in a courageous decision by a Prime Minister who, on other subjects, I didn’t have much time for.

#4  6(#4  #3)  8(#4  #4)

The only reason the first picture is bigger is so you can read the label.

It’s the first session in Bonnie’s next obedience class tonight so I better go and do a bit of rehearsing.  I’ll leave you with a bit of vintage humour.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 10:56:14 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: April 29, 2021, 04:31:49 AM »
Hi Jack

I'm distraught :(  I did a post at work this morning, including a rebus & when I've just logged in it's not there :o  I can only assume that when it got very busy halfway through the morning I got distracted & didn't press the post button.  Damn & blast & a few rude words I wont say in polite company >:D

I'm knacked this evening so I'll return tomorrow.

Loved the vintage humour -  made me laugh out loud & cheered up a bit of a grotty morning.  Do hope the obedience class went well & you & Bonnie both behaved in a seemly fashion >:D

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: April 29, 2021, 06:26:53 AM »
SPOILER ALERT - my rebus

Hi Pen,

I commiserate with you.  It has happened to me a number of times when I get overconfident and fail to follow my own advice.  One strategy is to publish in bits when you complete a segment and you know you are going to have to leave it for a while.  Which I am going to do now because my boss, Bonnie, is growing impatient.  I am going down to the Gold Coast to have lunch with my visiting 90-year old mate before he returns south.
Regards, Jack

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: April 29, 2021, 09:56:08 AM »
Damn & blast & a few rude words I wont say in polite company >:D

Where is that?  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: April 29, 2021, 08:42:14 PM »
That's a very good question TRex  ;)  Let me know if you find any :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: April 29, 2021, 09:20:33 PM »

I commiserate with you.
I am going down to the Gold Coast to have lunch with my visiting 90-year old mate before he returns south.

Thanks Jack

What added insult to the wound or rubbed salt in the injury was that I'd copy & pasted the post into a blank e-mail document.  (We can't use word at work now we have Windows 10 for some bizarre reason.  I hate Windows 10 >:()  Anyway I must have thought I'd posted the post & discarded the e-mail.  A double whammy :'(

Anyway I'll recreate my rebus but I have no ideas what my cartoons were.

It's a simple easy little puzzle.  A poem.

8 (#4 + #4) 4

I wonder how many people have actually read it all the way through?  Mike possibly :)

A British woman who fell off a cruise ship last week has been named as Eileen Dover!

I had a really funny joke but spell check ruined the lunchtime!

Talking of which it's nearly time for my salmon & tomato sarnie :-H  Did you have a good lunch with your old mate?  You didn't say where you were going so I couldn't consult Ms Google to see what you were enjoying ;D

I'm going to hit the post button twice just to make sure >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: April 30, 2021, 03:25:04 AM »
Hi Pen,

I don’t know what you have against Windows 10- it works for me. I can’t imagine why you don’t have access to Word at work unless you have a whizz-kid IT manager who prefers another word processor.  No accounting for taste. :D

We dropped Bonnie over at Coorparoo where she is having a sleepover. My mate was in the 16th floor of an apartment unit in Broadbeach overlooking the ocean.  Not a bad view. We walked about 200 metres to the Broadbeach Surf Club.  I had Pork Belly thingos and the crackling was great enough to kill for.  I didn’t think the club was as good as my surf club about 6 minutes drive to the north.

It was a bugger of a drive home.  It drizzled most of the way.  It took us three change of lights to get past the first traffic lights. I think half of Queensland must have been in Broadbeach at that time.  I never cease to be amazed that on a 3 to 5 lane highway with a 110 kmh speed limit the traffic regularly grinds back to less than 40 kmh.  I was grateful that we could go straight home and not via Coorparoo which would have added an hour to the trip.  Even so, we were knacked and in bed by 8 pm.

The mind is a marvelous thing.   The first time I woke and looked at your rebus, I didn’t have a clue and Google was no help.  Another sleep and when I woke the answer was blindingly obvious.  I am too lazy to get out of bed and get onto the computer and windows 10 to do a spoiler alert.

We could sleep in and have a leisurely breakfast but I expect we will get over to Coorparoo early to pick up the pup.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 03:34:22 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

TRex

• Eulexic
  • ~50 miles from Chicago, in the Corn (maize) Belt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: April 30, 2021, 03:36:35 AM »
(We can't use word at work now we have Windows 10 for some bizarre reason.  I hate Windows 10 >:()

Probably for the same reason I converted all the PCs at my workplace to Windoze 10: previous versions are no longer supported by Micro$oft. If one must use Windoze, the current (and always being updated) version is okay. But I only fire up a Virtual Machine running Windoze when I have something which requires Micro$oft's operating system. And I don't use overpriced Apple stuff. Confirmed Linux guy.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: April 30, 2021, 04:47:35 AM »
I don’t know what you have against Windows 10- it works for me. I can’t imagine why you don’t have access to Word at work unless you have a whizz-kid IT manager who prefers another word processor.  No accounting for taste. :D

We walked about 200 metres to the Broadbeach Surf Club. 

It was a bugger of a drive home. 

I am too lazy to get out of bed and get onto the computer and windows 10 to do a spoiler alert.

I had Windows 7 on my old laptop & much preferred it.  As a receptionist I don't really have much use for Word at work though obviously all the secretaries & other random folks must.  I will consult with Eve on Tuesday as she's a whiz with all things technology wise :)  When I try to use word it says you have to sign up for it.  When I try to sign up for it I can't :(  I suspect it's a cost issue but I'm sure Eve will know.  I'm a bit of a duffer with technology as I'm sure I've said about a million times before.  I haven't even heard of Linux TRex!  You're right about Apple being overpriced.  My friend's Granddaughter needed a new laptop for Uni & it set B back over £1,000.  It'll probably be out of date before she's barely had chance to use it :o
I'm not sure how many whiz kids we have in our IT department :laugh:

I had a look at Broadbeach surf club & it looks very nice :)  What a shame you had a terrible drive home :(

I do hope Windows 10 is working adequately when you log in later to do your spoiler >:D

Going to hunt for a few words then slump in my comfy chair to watch the next Brokenwood :)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 04:49:49 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: April 30, 2021, 07:10:10 AM »
SPOILER ACCOUNT – Pen’s Rebus

What a shame you had a terrible drive home :(

Hi Pen,

I slept in until 6 am.  I am a bit bit of a drama queen until I've had my first cup of Coffee.  The trip was not so bad.  It took about 100 minutes and after the first batch of traffic lights, we were not sitting stationary. I guess that's not bad in peak times for 75 Kilometres.

I still think it's great how your mind can solve problems while you sleep.

Must go.  I'm suffering from Bonnie deprivation.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: April 30, 2021, 10:37:33 PM »
I am a bit bit of a drama queen until I've had my first cup of Coffee.   

Hi Jack

Having a busy but enjoyable day off :)  I didn't have you down as a drama queen >:D

I've been walking with Barbs & scoffed my lunch.  I have some chores to do & need to pop out to the shops in a while so I'm on a flying visit!

I'd better stir my stumps!

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: May 01, 2021, 09:43:15 AM »

It's a simple easy little puzzle.  A poem.

8 (#4 + #4) 4

I wonder how many people have actually read it all the way through?  Mike possibly :)

I have read it actually. Once, First year at Uni, almost sixty years ago.
I never managed to finish the 'sequel' however. I got about halfway through 'Paradise Regained'.
As for Spenser's 'Faerie Queene' - I hardly manage to finish the first book!
One of these days, maybe.

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: May 01, 2021, 09:53:12 AM »
Meanwhile an extremely simple one-word rebus.

A very recent Australian TV series that blew my socks off!  :-)

One word, 9 letters

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: May 01, 2021, 09:55:17 AM »
What did you think scenery, MK?  Welcome to my back yard!
Val
I'll sleep in my next life