Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 821987 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #5895 on: April 20, 2021, 10:30:59 PM »
A point to the naughty pupil at the back of the class :laugh: & a gold star of course!!

Did you mean this gent by any chance? >:D

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: April 20, 2021, 11:42:37 PM »
My final visit for today Jack!

I seem to be following a bit of a theme... >:D

Hope I'm not repeating myself with these!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: April 20, 2021, 11:54:54 PM »
Hi Pen

I should have done more research before suggesting people could edit the word document in the spoiler alerts.  Apparently because I am using an old version of word so that everybody should be able to read a copy the document is read only.  I will try using the current version of word in the spoiler alert on your current rebus.  Let me know if you can read it and add comments.  If it works all you have to do is position your cursor in the document and start typing and save the document when you are finished.

SPOILER ALERT - PEN’S REBUS

This was done laboriously on my old iPad.  I’ll have a look at it tomorrow on my lap-top
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 12:10:47 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: April 21, 2021, 04:15:02 AM »
Hi Jack

I can read the spoiler but I was unable to add comments.  There is an oblong box to the right which says enter your thoughts here which I tried to do but it then asked me to sign in.  Perhaps I should investigate signing up if it's easy to do?
Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: April 21, 2021, 05:48:24 AM »
try this link and let me know if it works

Above the oblong box you mentioned there should be a button for OPEN  press this and you should open the page in word.  Add your message and close with save.

Open the link again and see if the link now has your message.

Others pls try.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 06:10:24 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: April 21, 2021, 07:40:16 PM »
Above the oblong box you mentioned there should be a button for OPEN  press this and you should open the page in word.  Add your message and close with save.

Hi Jack

I can't locate the button which says OPEN!  I've tried to take a screenshot of what I'm seeing when I open the link but I can't even manage that :'(  Clearly proving what a useless technophobe I really am ;D  I'll keep an eye out for an IT person passing by as I'm on fracture clinic this morning & their lair is just down below us!

My rebus is a song from 1970.  It's from an LP that I played so much at the time I nearly wore it out :laugh:

#2 #4 #5 #5 #6

Please remove one letter from the first picture. First name of gent & surname of both ladies. 
I suspect you'll find this a bit easy peasy!

I just grabbed a man from downstairs & he's helped me do a screenshot.  I will attempt to add it as an attachment.  If it's not there then I failed!

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: April 21, 2021, 10:18:59 PM »
Did you mean this gent by any chance?

But of course!!  Good old Keef!   >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: April 21, 2021, 11:38:35 PM »
Old being the operative word >:D :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: April 22, 2021, 02:39:58 AM »
Hi Pen,

Thanks for going to all that effort. It would be a great facility if we could make it work. I’ll do some more thinking but probably won’t try again until Andrew’s next visit.  Nobody complained about using the latest version of Word and so I will continue to use it for the spoiler alerts.

I didn’t get much time to think about chi yesterday . Bonnie had a major collision with two other dogs while chasing a ball in the dog park yesterday morning and was limping badly for most of the day.

I discovered that our passports are just about to expire, so I spent a lot of the afternoon getting the documentation together for a renewal application. It is unlikely that we will need a passport for another overseas trip but is the best form of identification.

It was the last night of Bonnie’s current course and she graduated to the next level.  On the way home, the GPS advised we could save 9 minutes if we took a backroad which we did.  As we came around a dark corner, we came across a bunch of Kangaroos in the middle of the road.  They were startled by the headlights and didn’t move.  We discovered the Subaru has great brakes and we stopped about an inch from one of the kangaroos.  We decided we would stick to the main roads coming home next Wednesday night even if it takes longer.

That was a tricky rebus.  I’ll do the spoiler after I get back from the morning dog.  Right now frankly I need to get back to sleep, so long
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: April 22, 2021, 04:28:42 AM »
It would be a great facility if we could make it work.

Bonnie had a major collision with two other dogs while chasing a ball in the dog park yesterday morning and was limping badly for most of the day.

As we came around a dark corner, we came across a bunch of Kangaroos in the middle of the road.

Hi Jack

I agree!  I think it will be great if we can add comments to the spoiler alert.  Hopefully you & Andrew can sort it out between you :)

I do hope that Bonnie is fully recovered from her collision.  I bet she goes at a fair old pelt when she gets going!

Your incident with the kangaroos really tickled me - made me laugh out loud.  Was it a marsupial stand off? ;D  I have a really funny mental picture in my head :laugh:

Going to search for a few words & flop in my chair.  Very glad it's Thursday tomorrow - roll on Friday!
Penx

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: April 22, 2021, 12:13:53 PM »
SPOILER ALERT – Pens Rebus

Just for fun also look at this one. If worthwhile report back.  I got 3 different results from firefox, edge and Chrome.

SPOILER ALERT – Pens Rebus view 2
Regards, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: April 22, 2021, 01:07:35 PM »
This BBC TV 'Play for Today' was actually made in 1976 but not broadcast until 1987.
There was also a 1982 cinema version

The author, regarded as brilliant by many critics, was never far away from controversy.

Three words - 9/3/7

bonus point for the name of the author
bonus bonus point for the name of the actor who starred in both versions
bonus bonus bonus point for naming the singer who starred in the cinema version.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 05:03:50 PM by mkenuk »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: April 22, 2021, 05:47:16 PM »
Hi Pen,

A little humour for your morning tea.

On the Kangaroo incident, we were just grateful that we didn’t kill or injure any of the Kangaroos and put any dents in the car.

I am going to celebrate the fact that I got Mike’s rebus without using google – a rare event.

Regards, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: April 22, 2021, 06:26:14 PM »

But of course!!  Good old Keef!   >:D

And his running mate Mick is no spring chicken.
This is from last year's movie 'The Burnt Orange Heresy'

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:28:46 PM by mkenuk »

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: April 22, 2021, 06:42:45 PM »
Mick needs to get a decent meal down him!  Has he never heard the saying; "You don't get wrinkles on a balloon"?!!  >:D