Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814225 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #5835 on: April 07, 2021, 09:08:13 PM »
Had a blinding flashing of inspiration :laugh:  I think Les's rebus is one of No1 daughter's favourite shows to see at the theatre  >:D

I'd call it a tie as both rebuses are clever & tricky :)
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: April 07, 2021, 10:32:17 PM »
SPOILER ALERT – My rebus

SPOILER Alert- Les’s Rebus and details of the Yetala Drive-in screening[/url

Luckily my neighbour came along & gave me a squirt! I took a quick snap on my mobile & e-mailed it to myself but I can't seem to attach it to anything :-R ...
Hi Pen,

I think I’ll let that one go through to the keeper.  All I’ll say is anything that gets you to work in good spirits is OK.

As you’ve taken a selfie you’d like us to see: create a new folder on your C-drive;  Download the attachment to it and then browse the folder in Chi.

You’ve had snow but we’ve had 5 inches of rain in two days.  Looking forward to your rebus but I hope I sleep through to morning.

:-Z :-Z :-Z
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: April 07, 2021, 11:46:44 PM »
I'm Back Jack!

I've pinched an idea from Les for my rebus.  It's a stage show.
#2 #4 #4 #3

You need first name of gent in picture 2.  Change the first letter.

I think this joke may have whiskers on it >:D
Three men were in a bar enjoying a pint & discussing coincidences. The first man said, "my wife was reading a "tale of two cities" and she gave birth to twins"
"That’s funny", the second man remarked, "my wife was reading 'the three musketeers' and she gave birth to triplets"
The third man shouted, "Good God, I have to rush home!"
When asked what the problem was, he exclaimed, " When I left the house, my wife was reading Ali baba and the forty Thieves"!!!

I think I’ll let that one go through to the keeper.  All I’ll say is anything that gets you to work in good spirits is OK.

I was just going to sign off when I spotted your post.  I would like it put on record that my neighbour squirted my car with her can of de-icer >:D  I did set off for work in good spirits but sadly it didn't last long once I started working!
My picture wasn't a selfie.  I opened the front door to put some rubbish in the bin & the snow was bucketing down & it looked more like the middle of winter rather than April! I was so flabbergasted I took a quick snap on my phone. Nowt very exciting I'm afraid.
Just wanted to say I particularly liked your Richard III cartoon - really tickled me :laugh:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 11:51:38 PM by Hobbit »

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: April 08, 2021, 10:41:08 AM »
Thank you, Ozziejack, for the AW birthday reminder..

P.S.  when is Bonnie’s first birthday?

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: April 08, 2021, 11:24:28 AM »
I would like it put on record that my neighbour squirted my car with her can of de-icer >:D 

Spoiler Alert - Pen's rebus

Hi Pen,

That's not half as much fun as what I was imagining.  I always did say the facts spoil a good story. :D

The subject of my rebus is a creature you don’t see every day. In fact, I’ll bet you’ll never get to see one.  I decided it was time to put up an easy puzzle but as the actress said to the Bishop, “Don’t come to a premature conclusion

#5-7(#5  #2)  #5

Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Regards, Jack

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: April 08, 2021, 11:50:34 AM »
She looks quite fetching, and ready for her photograph.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: April 08, 2021, 07:27:17 PM »
G'day Jack

I'm geared up for a busy morning on Fracture Clinic.  Going to try & get my post done before the hordes arrive but you know what they say

A smashing picture of Bonnie.  She still looks full of mischief even though she's nearly a big girl now :laugh:

I'm a bit baffled by your rebus.  Anyway I've solved about three quarters of it ;D  I'll return to it later.

I was chatting to Kylie recently & my rebus was inspired by her story.  She said her Uncle Blue was in the pub recently & bought a Rolex watch from a man for $50.  He told Kylie it was a bargain & the genuine article but she laughed & told me it
#4 #3 #3 #4 #2 #1 #5

THEA

Clinics very busy & noisy

Roll on lunchtime!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: April 09, 2021, 02:10:04 PM »
Hi Pen,

Is your home computer on the Blink?

Another Creature you don’t see anymore.

#6  7(#3  #4)

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: April 09, 2021, 08:03:23 PM »
Is your home computer on the Blink?

Thankfully not Jack!  I got sidetracked yesterday evening.  Bit of a long story.  I changed my energy supplier on 23rd March.  My old one said I owed nearly £130 for my gas.  I pay by direct debit every month but clearly not enough.  Anyway I ground my teeth, bit the bullet & paid it.  We've had a lot of cold weather since Christmas.  Anyway I had an e-mail from them yesterday saying I owe them another £25.00 :o  I had steam pouring out of my ears by this point & spent some time composing a complaint.  On top of this I had to pay my new supplier £76.00 up front >:(  Not a happy bunny.  Anyway when I'd finished I sat down to watch telly & that was my evening gone.

Dusty is coming over to stay with us for a couple of days and on Sunday Bonnie will go over and stay with him for a couple of days to get them used to changes of routine.

It sounds like you're going to have a hectic couple of days!  Then you can relax when Bonnie goes to Coorparoo on Sunday.  Bet it'll be very strange not having her around.

I'm taking my car into the garage shortly then coming back for lunch & having a walk with Barbs this afternoon.  Lovely & sunny at the moment - hope it lasts.

I did much better with today's rebus :)

My rebus is a book published in the 19th century.

10 (#5 + #5) #5

I'd better get moving - got to be there in 20 minutes :-C

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: April 10, 2021, 05:51:19 AM »
Hi Pen,

I wasn't suggesting you should be posting from home.  It's just that my lap=top is playing up and I thought it would be creepy if by coincidence both our computers were playing up.

Both dogs are rampaging around the yard.  So far they are doing it quietly but we better get them out to the park where they can make noise without worrying the neighbours.

I will post spoiler alerts etc. later
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: April 10, 2021, 10:34:05 PM »
Hi Pen,

I had a hobbit moment.  I had a rebus lined up and then I thought I might have used it before.  So I searched and found that I had used a bit of it in another puzzle that was unconnected.

But while I was looking I found one of your puzzles from the same period and it completely flummoxed me although I had obviously solved it at the time.  I eventually worked it out again.

Quote from: pen
My puzzle is an Australian building.  2 words 6# 5#.  It's a bit cryptic but I think (hope!) it's really easy!

For your bonus can you please say where the building is located & how it got it's name.

Can you remember it?

And now for the one I was thinking of.

A novel published in the 1990s. I found in a list of the 100 best novels of the twentieth century.

#3  #4  #3  3  #4  7(#3  #5)

the
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 12:01:10 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: April 11, 2021, 12:54:38 AM »
I had a hobbit moment.

Can you remember it?

Hi Jack

Welcome to my world :laugh:  I have far more hobbit moments than I would like!  I do remember that puzzle &, just like you, was totally flummoxed.  I couldn't remember who the bloke in the bath was but I did work it out eventually.

I wasn't suggesting you should be posting from home.  It's just that my lap=top is playing up and I thought it would be creepy if by coincidence both our computers were playing up.

No problems with my lap-top but I did have some trouble with my telly on Thursday!  Probably the same virus >:D

I haven't sussed your rebus as I can't remember the name of the cowboy!  I do like a Freddo bar occasionally when I fancy a small bite of chocolate :-H  I will return to it a bit later & await fresh inspiration to strike ;D

My rebus is another of my Dad's favourite expressions.
#2 #2 #5'1 #4 #6 #3 #5

IN'STHE
Just a small clue.  You could replace picture 3 with this

Justin Rose's lead has been cut to one at the last count.  It's rare for anybody to have such a huge lead in the Masters & keep it til the end. There are 3 Americans snapping at his heels & Marc Leishman's not far off the pace.  Tommy Fleetwood's hole in one was amazing :)

I'm confused... Amazon have delivered a load of plasticine to me which I didn't order...
I don't know what to make of it!

I just saw my neighbour & he was telling me that his wife is very upset with him.  She'd found some letters he'd been hiding...
He said she feels betrayed & has lost all trust in him.
He continued "I can't say as I blame her, I feel so ashamed...
I wouldn't be surprised if she never plays Scrabble with me again!"

Leave you with a couple of naff jokes ;D

My heart goes out to the Queen after 73 years of marriage.  RIP Prince Philip.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 12:57:11 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: April 11, 2021, 06:09:00 AM »
Hi Pen,

I've sussed your rebus.  It took me a while because I had not heard the expression.  We have a barbecue next door to go to when the dogs are collected so it might be some time before I can get around to doing another rebus.

I hope you strike the Bonanza with the cowboy's identity.

My computer problems are not software but hardware.  Long story which I will get around to when I have time.  I am starting some research on a new computer.

Must go.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 12:01:49 PM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: April 11, 2021, 10:51:48 PM »
We have a barbecue next door to go to when the dogs are collected

I hope you strike the Bonanza with the cowboy's identity.

Hi Jack

Wonders will never cease!  The sun's shining & I've been for a walk.  It's quite chilly but lovely :)

Your barbecue looks delish :-H  Very jealous!  Is it a bit funny without Bonnie at home?  (peculiar not ha ha :laugh:)

Your extra clue helped me to solve your devilish rebus :)

I'm a little short of inspiration today.  My rebus is a painting from 1922 by a French gentleman.

#3 8 (5+5) 9 (#4 + #5)

THE
Please run the first 2 pictures into each other if that makes sense & pretend all the pictures are on one line.  Please name the artist for a bonus point.

That's me!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 10:56:19 PM by Hobbit »