Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814487 times)

lilys field

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #5625 on: February 26, 2021, 01:26:04 AM »
Their happy spirits are so infectious.

(Too often my pills have skittered onto the floor and once one of the animals actually ate one.  But when their own meds are carefully buried in an irresistible treat....well, you know how that works)

As always, thanks for the smiles

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: February 26, 2021, 02:13:00 AM »
Hi Pen,

It’s been a while since we had some videos.  While you are enjoying a long weekend would be a good time to revive the practice.

How to live a longer life

An unlikely partnership

COVID humour

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: February 26, 2021, 02:54:03 AM »
Hi Jack

Smashing pictures - they just make you smile :)  Did you throw the ginger pussy cat in for my benefit? >:D

I've got what I hope is a fairly simple little rebus.  It's a film released in 1961.
9 (#5 +#4) #2 #7'1

'S

Leave you with a couple of Dad jokes ;D

If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it FedUPs?

I just fell over on the pavement outside my house...
I left a review on trip advisor!

I started my post well over an hour ago & keep getting distracted & interrupted.  I noticed you've posted in the meantime but I'll press on & finish now I've got this far!

Good idea about the videos :)  I'll apply myself to it tomorrow.

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: February 26, 2021, 09:31:52 AM »
Hilarious videos Jack although the John Bishop testing method is nothing new.
I have been using that same method ever since the virus first emerged.

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: February 26, 2021, 11:03:09 AM »
Hi Pen,

Your movie was a top show.  My 1984 movie was almost as popular.  Spoiler alerts at the bottom of the post.

7(#4 #3)  #5  #6  #4

"and", "the" and "of" have been omitted from the pictures.  The first two pictures need to be abbreviated. I am not sure whether the last picture is a screenshot from the movie or the video game series.

We are off to Coorparoo for Bonnie to meet her mum for the first time in six months.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:11:13 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: February 26, 2021, 10:00:31 PM »
It would make it '2 eesy' if I told you the names of the stars of this 1985 British comedy, but they are definitely familiar to everyone.
Unfortunately, the film, which was the last they made together, is not very good and is not very well known today, even by their many,many fans,

Four words - 5/5/2/6

Bonus point for the names of each of their two earlier films.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: February 27, 2021, 03:18:10 AM »
Hi Mike

Solved your rebus & I do remember the film.  You are sadly right as it was quite poor.  A shame for such a wonderful comedy pair.  I haven't come up with an answer to the bonus question yet!  I may have to consult Ms Google!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: February 27, 2021, 04:25:10 AM »
We are off to Coorparoo for Bonnie to meet her mum for the first time in six months.

Hi Jack

Hope Bonnie had a good visit with her mum :)  It's been a beautiful day here.  Lovely sunshine & a clear blue sky.  Zoe & I have walked our legs off. Perhaps I'd better rephrase that - I've walked my legs off :laugh:  My post will be rather brief.

I sussed your rebus after a second attempt.  I got hung up on what I thought was an eel for heavens sake!  Really? :-R
My quick & easy rebus is a 2005 film.
10 (#3 #1 #3 #3)
A
In the first picture you're not interested in the actor but what he is presenting himself as.
The last picture is what Zoe will have when we win millions on the lottery :laugh:  I saw one in the underground car park in Sainsburys the other day.  Just the noise it made resonated & was unbelievable.  & I'm not a petrol head!

I have Guinness bangers & mash calling me :-H

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: February 27, 2021, 11:17:55 AM »
1.   Hope Bonnie had a good visit with her mum :) 
2.   It's been a beautiful day here.  Lovely sunshine & a clear blue sky. 
3.   The last picture is what Zoe will have when we win millions on the lottery :laugh:  I saw one in the underground car park in Sainsburys the other day.  Just the noise it made resonated & was unbelievable.
4.   I have Guinness bangers & mash calling me :-H

Hi Pen,

1.   The visit with her mum was a bit disappointing.  I probably hadn’t mentioned that Dusty had gone out to the breeder's property for several weeks for advanced training and Sunday, Bonnie’s mum, was staying for that time at Coorparoo to keep the boys company.  So when we arrived, Bonnie went through her period of over-excitement which she usually works off with an hour or two of rough play with Dusty.   No dusty but she thought Sunday would do.  Sunday was not amused and didn’t want to have anything to do with a wild unruly pup.
2.   It was a beautiful day here too.  Low to mid 30’s and 200% humidity.  The humidity might be a bit exaggerated but the mushrooms in this picture appeared overnight..  I have a certain affinity with the mushrooms because I too am a fungi. >:D  As an aside, do you realise those cute little puppies that you admired recently will, in six months, grow into great hulking brutes like that one photobombing in the background?
3.   I think your puzzle may qualify for rebus of the month.  When you see the solution it is superbly logical.  It was very devious throwing in the red herring about the vehicle and borrowing terminology from our American cousins.  I will put the spoiler notice on it and Mike's great rebus in a separate post.
4.   Almost snap.  Our Cleveland butcher does a great Guinness meat pie and we had several of them, with the obligatory red, for dinner last night.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 11:20:19 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: February 27, 2021, 10:44:05 PM »
Jack...is that the Bloomfield Street butcher?  I haven't frequented there for many years but am on the prowl again.....

Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: February 27, 2021, 10:53:03 PM »
Hi Moyra,

Yes, Redlands Meat Hall, 40 Bloomfield Street.  Great meat served with old-fashioned butcher humour.
Regards, Jack

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: February 27, 2021, 11:41:59 PM »
Just have to say...a bit over44 years ago, I stumbled and fell outside that shop...9 months pregnant...a very kind lady helped me, up with a comment about a turtle on it's back! Never quite got over that image/comment  :(
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: February 28, 2021, 04:13:33 AM »
I probably hadn’t mentioned that Dusty had gone out to the breeder's property for several weeks for advanced training and Sunday, Bonnie’s mum, was staying for that time at Coorparoo to keep the boys company.
It was a beautiful day here too.  Low to mid 30’s and 200% humidity.
I think your puzzle may qualify for rebus of the month.

Hi Jack

I'll take the compliment thanks :)  I was a bit worried it would be far too easy!

We have yet another gorgeous day here - about 8oc.  I think I'd take that compared to low to mid 30's & 200% humidity >:D  It's a real bugger & it's hard to get comfy in those conditions.  Your comment about fungi really tickled me!
I didn't realise that Bonnie's Mum was on an exchange trip with Dusty.  Her name reminded me of when Nicole Kidman had her daughter a few years ago.  A friend & work colleague asked me, in all seriousness,  why she would name her daughter Sunday Roast? ;D  She'd misheard the news on the radio!

I'm a bit late on parade this afternoon so I've got another simple little rebus.  All I'm going to say is that it's a boat >:D
#3 9 (#3 + #4 + #2)

A small hint.  The gent in picture 2 would probably very much like what was in my third picture yesterday ;)

Miaow!
I remembered what you said about video snippets & found this.  You may have already seen it but it made us laugh.

Getting hungry so better get out in the kitchen :-H  It's chicken & black bean ping courtesy of Marks & Spencer!  If I sit here long enough hopefully Zoe will beat me to it >:D :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: February 28, 2021, 10:30:55 AM »
Hi Pen,

You are excelling yourself with your rebuses. 

Mine is rather mundane in comparison. It is an extinct volcano that is now a tourist attraction in one of my favourite cities in the UK.

7(#2  #4’ 1) #4

’s   

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:09:43 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: March 01, 2021, 02:59:25 AM »

Mine is rather mundane in comparison. It is an extinct volcano that is now a tourist attraction in one of my favourite cities in the UK.

Hi Jack

Another beautiful sunny day here.  The last one for the moment, sadly, if the weather forecast is to be believed!

I think you're doing yourself an injustice!  It was a brilliant tricky rebus & took me a couple of return visits.  I guessed we were heading north of the border & that helped me to solve it at my third attempt.

My rebus is an ancient place located in an entirely different area of the UK from yours.
10 (#4 + #3 + #4) #3

Pronounce the first part of the long word as if you're from the north of England >:D  Homophone of the first word of the third picture.

I know the last one's really daft but I found it by accident & it just tickled me ;D