Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 820292 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4995 on: November 04, 2020, 06:56:59 AM »
It was a cane toad. I know I had been warned they would be here, but it reminded us to be more vigilant with Bonnie’s activities after dark.  Tonight we couldn’t help us checking regularly what she was up to.

Don't blame you Jack.  I consulted Ms Google & they don't sound very nice creatures :(  Is there anything you can do to get rid of them or at least deter them?

My day didn't get any better.  The afternoon was more manic than this morning!

Going to slump in my comfy chair in front of the box :-Y

I would have been quite tickled if you'd said that Bonnie had eaten your post :laugh:

More lovely flowers.  You'll soon be Australia's answer to Percy Thrower :laugh:

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: November 04, 2020, 09:39:20 PM »
Hi Les
I'll take a balanced view later on when I get home & can switch the volume on  :laugh:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: November 04, 2020, 11:16:31 PM »
Hi Jack

My post is like me today - short & sweet >:D
Having another busy day & more grumpy people :(  is it too soon to say roll on Friday!!

When the high court judge arrrived home looking tired and exhausted he sighed and told his wife, "It's been another trying day."

Someone just sent me a message asking if I had any more puns about onions...
No, that's shallot!

Nearly lunchtime :-H

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: November 05, 2020, 01:19:52 AM »
Hi Pen,

Day Five in our garden

Day 6 in our garden

What a difference COVID makes

Blue: “I have to cough.”
Sheila: “Well make sure you cover it with a fart.”

With hair salons, nail salons and beauty salons closed, it’s going to get ugly out there.

I’d tell you a coronavirus joke but you’d have to wait two weeks to get it.

2019 – Blue to his grandkids: “Get off your phone and get outside.”
2020  – Blue to his grandkids:: Get on your phone and stay inside.”

Blue ran out of toilet paper and had to start using old newspapers.  He said Times are rough.

Regards, Jack

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: November 05, 2020, 05:44:28 AM »
Hi Jack
I'm not even waiting for Penny!! What is that on day 6?????????? Does it kill dogs? Does it kill people? I am such an English girl!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: November 05, 2020, 06:10:13 AM »
Hi Christine,

It is a skink, we believe a blue-tongued skink.   They are welcome visitors, although Bonnie might not agree.

Here is some information on Blue-tongued Lizards
Regards, Jack

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: November 05, 2020, 07:31:33 AM »
OK. They are harmless! I suppose Bonnie will get used to them as she grows up. Far better than the Cane Toads!The nearest I have come to this type of creature was last year on our holiday in Italy. We saw small lizard type things during our visit to a village on the shore of Lake Garda and they looked far too small to be threatening. In this country we really have very few threatening animals. I suppose the main worry as a dog owner would be finding an Adder on a country walk. Many moons ago my Lab was prone to discovering Adders and had to be swiftly persuaded that they were not playthings! I was fortunate that he was an easily trainable beast so no harm was ever done.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: November 05, 2020, 08:11:18 PM »
I'm not even waiting for Penny!! What is that on day 6?????????? Does it kill dogs? Does it kill people? I am such an English girl!

Never wait for me Christine :laugh:  If I'm busy I don't always get chance to comment.  I thought exactly the same as you - what on earth is that??
I saw a rat on the path at work yesterday >:( :o  They really scare me & give me the willies.  Hate them.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: November 05, 2020, 09:10:10 PM »

It is a skink, we believe a blue-tongued skink.   They are welcome visitors, although Bonnie might not agree.

Hi Jack

You got Christine & I into a bit of a lather with your lizard :laugh:  I found the article very interesting.  It sounds like you need to take good care of him (or her!)
Your garden is amazing in many different ways (with the exception of the cane toad) & I'm enjoying all the different pictures :)

Well Johnny rhymes with Bonnie >:D

Argentina is surprisingly cold...
In fact it's bordering on Chile!

The teacher asks Jimmy, "Jimmy, why aren't you writing?"
"I don't has a pencil."
"Jimmy, that's not a correct sentence. The correct way is: I don't have a pencil, he doesn't have a pencil, we don't have a pencil."
"Who stole all the pencils then?"

I'm giving up drinking til Christmas.
Sorry bad punctuation...
I'm giving up.  Drinking til Christmas!!

I am SO glad it's Friday tomorrow.  This week feels like it's going on for ever :'(

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: November 05, 2020, 10:27:24 PM »
I'm back Jack!

Watch the Birdie

I went back for another look at the bluey & found this on the same page.  It just made me smile :)  Needed that today!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: November 06, 2020, 02:26:14 AM »
Hi Pen,

I found this article about the path we regularly walk Bonnie on. 

At this stage, we only walk along about a third of it and return to the park (Maybe 2kms in total).  The pictures are all taken at high tide. Contrary to my first impressions, the walk is also attractive at low tide. 

Day 7. Our palm trees at dawn

Although they would be here, we haven’t come across any rats since we came to Qld.  I don’t want to be one of those rats but it looks like you could do with a bit of bawdy humour. >:D

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 02:29:55 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: November 06, 2020, 03:11:39 AM »
Oh Jack your post cheered up a rotten bloody day. It's take a pop at Pen day today :(  Cartoons were hilarious & the walk is lovely - smashing views.  I'd like to be sitting in that beer garden right now!  I was slightly concerned that whoever was taking the pictures was stalking the lady with the dog :laugh:
I shall be sorry when we get to day 10 of the garden challenge.  Love the palm trees at dawn -gorgeous!

I did notice you you have a sausage & beer fest in Brisbane 7/8th November.  Now that sounds my cup of tea :-H  Talking of which it's nearly home time thankfully!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: November 07, 2020, 03:37:00 AM »
Hi Pen,

A most unusual night for me.  I slept right through to 2 am and now need to get back to  :-Z,  so I will send what I had prepared yesterday afternoon and catch up with the rest in the morning.

I had a look at that Wine and Beer Fest this weekend.  I had a look at the menus and it looked a bit arty-farty for me.  It’s just down the hill from Les but I would be surprised if it was his thing either.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: November 07, 2020, 04:08:55 AM »
I had a look at that Wine and Beer Fest this weekend.  I had a look at the menus and it looked a bit arty-farty for me.  It’s just down the hill from Les but I would be surprised if it was his thing either.

Hi Jack

I've had a busy & enjoyable day off.  It was foggy here first thing but it more or less cleared mid morning so I had a socially distanced walk with Barbs which was lovely.

It wasn't so much the beer that caught my eye but the sausages :-H  You know how much I love a sausage (why did Kenneth Williams' voice pop into my head then? >:D)  Zoe & I are having Guinness sausages, chips & beans in a bit yummy!  I don't like arty-farty either!

I was looking for something else & found this by accident.  Not sure if this made it to you but it might tickle you!
Fannying About

I'd better get out in that kitchen & rattle those pots & pans :laugh: