Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814516 times)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4530 on: August 07, 2020, 06:29:10 AM »
Hi Pen,

I missed this one posted in Facebook earlier yesterday.  It shows all of the pups together.

We go back to meet the pups again on August 16 and shortly after that, we should know which pup we are about to get.

Back to Redland Bay shortly to work out where all the pictures and photos will be hung and to watch my son-in-law put together the new barbecue they bought us as a housewarming present.  I will continue my struggles with the telco.

I laughed at your public signs.
Regards, Jack

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: August 07, 2020, 02:27:29 PM »
' These haven't just got whiskers but a full bushy beard :laugh:  Still made me chuckle though! "

When i have not heard old jokes for a long time, they can still make me smile as did your public signs.
I remember some years ago having to go to a local florist on a Sunday afternoon.
Yes, i'm afraid i was in trouble again so the plan was to pick up an apologetic rose to get me out of strife & back into the good books.
On my way to the florist i walked passed a newsagent which was closed & had a chalk board sign out front which simply said " CLOSED UNTIL OPENING TIME " ( there were no actual opening/closing times displayed anywhere ).
I was still pondering if the newsagent's sign was just useless information or was meant to be funny as i entered the florist which luckily was open on a Sunday afternoon.
At the entrance to the florist i encountered another chalk board sign, this one said " JUST HOW MAD IS SHE " . Need less to say, i walked out of the florist which a huge bouquet of assorted flowers.
I can not even remember what the argument was about but all my efforts were to no avail as i do distinctly remember seeing that magnificent bunch of flowers go sailing over the balcony & into the pool below.

I made a huge batch of chicken stir fry for lunch today.
My stir fries are always a bit of a mystery, nothing is ever consistent or measured & the ingredients are totally dependent on whatever happens to be on hand including sauces so i was a little surprised when today's effort turned out really well.

Perhaps bomber was not such a bad name option for brown big bum, after all she seems to handle herself pretty well in the playful fighting on the video.

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: August 07, 2020, 04:50:32 PM »
Hi Penny
one of the many reasons I like living in Kendal ( and we live right in the town) is because I rarely have to drive to the shops. Pre Covid I used to walk through M and S and Booths on my way home from work and purchase what we needed and hopefully find a few reductions to stash in the freezer (Yorkshire roots !) and occasionally a trip to Sainsbury's when needed which does mean getting the car out. Now we do one shop a week plus veg from the market as much as possible. None food shopping is also on a "whilst I'm passing" basis as I am not really a shopper. I hate the enforced trip to Manchester and the Trafford Centre pre Xmas that my husband insists on and I do not miss Leeds city centre in any way shape or form.

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: August 07, 2020, 04:53:34 PM »
Hi Jack
August 16th was my Mums birthday but I will resist the urge to ask if you might like to call a girl pup after her. Not sure you would want to stand in the park shouting Doris!!

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: August 07, 2020, 05:48:26 PM »
I have a Greek pal who has an Old English sheep dog and her name is Doris

mkenuk

• Eulexic
  • Life? Don't talk to me about life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: August 07, 2020, 07:47:50 PM »
Old English sheepdog, known to most Old English people such as me as either the Dulux Dog, or as Boot, from the old 'Daily Mirror' cartoon strip, 'The Perishers'.

Wonderful dogs, wonderful temperament and very good with small children whom they sometimes try to herd like sheep!

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: August 07, 2020, 08:34:34 PM »
Hi Christine and Carol,

I wouldn't worry me to call out "hey Doris" unless, of course, it was a male. >:D
Regards, Jack

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: August 07, 2020, 08:51:24 PM »
Hi Pen,

Another busy day in paradise.  Two and a half hours on the phone to get a promise the I will get broadband by next Thursday. All the pictures and photos are hung and the barbecue is assembled.  It is starting to look like a home rather than just a house.  I found a way to hook my computer to the iPhone which makes use of the internet easier if not speedier.

The effects of the week are possibly best explained by the interchange on Facebook by my daughter and one of my mates
Richard Crockett: Belated happies  Hope the oldies behaved.

Daughter: Thanks Dick, they were party animals 🥳. Dad snoozed at the dinner table and they were in bed by 8:30 pm. All the unpacking has worn them out!

I've excelled myself tonight.  I've stayed up until 9  :D
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: August 07, 2020, 11:32:39 PM »
Hi Jack

So pleased to hear that everything is under control & the house is now a home :)  The Facebook snippet really tickled me & it's a cracking photo :)

It seems a long wait for the broadband but I suppose you've just got to suck it up.  Two & a half hours on the 'phone seems somewhat excessive >:(  I'd have probably cut my throat after an hour - you've got more patience than me :laugh:  Hope it was a freephone number & you didn't have to pay for the call >:D

We're sweltering again today & it's set to last until next week :o  I've done some washing & ironing & am now melting.  I've rewarded myself with a chilled lemon tea which is lovely & when I've finished this I'm going to slump in my chair with a book  :-Z

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: August 07, 2020, 11:45:17 PM »
I made a huge batch of chicken stir fry for lunch today.
My stir fries are always a bit of a mystery, nothing is ever consistent or measured & the ingredients are totally dependent on whatever happens to be on hand including sauces so i was a little surprised when today's effort turned out really well.

Hi Les
My lunch was egg bashed up with salad cream in a cheesy topped roll & very nice it was too.  It's a Melton Mowbray pork pie salad for me later on.  It will of course include new spuds!  I'm not sure you have salad cream in your neck of woods.  Linda & I love it - has to be Heinz :laugh:  When I'm watching the telly later I will be enjoying a glass or 2 of what Jack calls my pink muck :laugh:

My comfy chair is calling me!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: August 07, 2020, 11:53:40 PM »
one of the many reasons I like living in Kendal ( and we live right in the town) is because I rarely have to drive to the shops.

I'm very envious Christine - Kendal is lovely & the people are very friendly.  Zoe's friend has a B&B on Milnthorpe Road.  I've probably told you that before!  Are you roasting up there?  It's sweltering here.  It wouldn't be so bad if it gradually got hot but it all just comes at once!

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: August 08, 2020, 12:05:49 AM »
It's warm here but a bit dull. The dog walk was into the woods so that we would be cooler. I believe we are supposed to have sun over the weekend so I expect a busy stint at work tomorrow but as I then have three days off (usually only two in a row) I will have time to recover. We are having a night away on Monday as it is our wedding anniversary next week. I have no idea where we will be staying as David makes it a surprise for me but I know it will be a nice hotel and I don't have to cook for a couple of days. A win all round!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: August 08, 2020, 02:17:48 AM »
That's smashing & something to really look forward to after these awful last few months.  Am I allowed to ask how many years? :) Sun's gone here now & it's really muggy.  The air's like thick treacle. Not going to be much fun in bed tonight!  Though in the absence of George Clooney it never is >:D    I've just had a small snooze so who am I to complain!

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: August 08, 2020, 03:09:59 AM »
Penny it will be 8 years this time but about 12 together and I am looking forward to it very much.

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: August 08, 2020, 04:28:13 AM »
That's brilliant Christine. You (& David of course!) have a wonderful time.  Look forward to hearing where you went next week :)