Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814143 times)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4500 on: August 03, 2020, 11:17:53 PM »
Oh heavens Jack have you got a secret camera in my bedroom? :laugh:

I can't imagine who popped into your head when you saw that picture of the pup >:D  Might need a clue!!
Does he happen to share a name with this saucy gent?

So very pleased you're in & getting sorted :)  I wish June & yourself much happiness & lots of fun &, of course, very good health in your new home :)

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: August 03, 2020, 11:29:56 PM »
I only ever work 3 days a week, Pen - more than enough for someone of my advanced years!!

Still trying to eat fairly sensibly.  Chicken tonight with cauli, cabbage, Jersey potatoes and gravy (thick, of course).  I did manage to sneak in a Cornish pasty over the weekend and very good it was, too!!  What's on your menu for tonight?   :angel: or  >:D

whisky

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: August 03, 2020, 11:30:49 PM »
.. proper cherries ..

We have a Stella cherry tree in our garden.
My wife Tamara nurtures it.
About Christmas time we are rewarded with about 10 Kg of the juiciest, sweet fresh cherries.
Harvest some in the afternoon, and eat them that evening .. nothing like what you get in the supermarket !

Michael

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: August 03, 2020, 11:33:41 PM »
Ah, but these are not just supermarket cherries, they're M & S cherries - world of difference!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: August 03, 2020, 11:56:35 PM »
I only ever work 3 days a week, Pen - more than enough for someone of my advanced years!!

Still trying to eat fairly sensibly.  Chicken tonight with cauli, cabbage, Jersey potatoes and gravy (thick, of course).  I did manage to sneak in a Cornish pasty over the weekend and very good it was, too!!  What's on your menu for tonight?   :angel: or  >:D

I do 4 days a week which is plenty for me as I'm probably tapping on a bit more than you :laugh:

My dinner tonight probably warrants  >:D >:D
I've got some boiled new spuds in the fridge which I'm going to fry up til crispy to go with an M&S sausage roll.  They say they are their best ever sausage roll & they look scrummy :-H  Small tin of Heinz beans completes my mini feast :)

Glad you're keeping up with your sensible eating.  You're probably finding it easier by allowing yourself an occasional treat.  Sadly I'll never have your willpower :(

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: August 04, 2020, 12:11:06 AM »
I've got some boiled new spuds in the fridge which I'm going to fry up til crispy to go with an M&S sausage roll.  They say they are their best ever sausage roll & they look scrummy :-H  Small tin of Heinz beans completes my mini feast

Sounds absolutely wonderful!  Jealous!!  Cold beans from the fridge would be my choice.

Don't know how old you are, Pen, but I'm edging close to retirement age!  3 days a week is more than enough for me as my work requires a fair bit of brain power which gets more difficult as the years go by! >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: August 04, 2020, 12:21:15 AM »
I'm 63 Linda.  I don't get my old age pension for another 4 years I think.  My job doesn't require too much brain power but it does need a fair bit of patience!  Unfortunately it's a quality I don't possess in abundance >:D

I know you prefer your beans cold but I like mine hot!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 12:58:55 AM by Hobbit »

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: August 04, 2020, 01:30:43 AM »
Beat you then.  I'm 64.  Where does the time go?

I'm a bit short on patience, too!  I used to work with a woman who frequently told me that patience was a virtue - I'd always reply "yes, but not one of mine."

Get those beans in the fridge, Pen, you might be pleasantly surprised at how delish they are!!  >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: August 04, 2020, 04:20:39 AM »
It's very scary Linda how quickly the years have galloped past.

It tickles me how alike we are :)  Did you feel like punching the woman who repeatedly told you that patience is a virtue? >:D  That in itself would be enough to try my patience!

Sorry but I had to warm my beans!  My Mum always used to give me cold beans with a salad & it really put me off.  I will be brave & try them one of these days & then you can say I told you so!!  I recommend the sausage rolls though they're a bit pricey for what they are but yummy as a treat :)

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: August 04, 2020, 05:17:34 AM »
Thanks, Pen, that makes me feel a lot better.

It was just the lack of response from Jack that made me feel that I might have said something inappropriate without even realising it. ( I'm sure you remember the sexist episode ).
I just did not want to also be labeled as a racist as well.
I must sound a bit paranoid but I do value Jack's opinion & do not want to lose his respect or yours for that matter.

Hi Les,

I'm sorry you took my lack of response to your post as a sign of disapproval.  I intended to get back to you and to Carol when things quietened down.  I had no problems with your post.

I am not claiming my view is right but I can't join you in your adulation of Greg Norman.  I'm not downplaying his past greatness as a golfer but I think he is a bit up himself off the golf course and I am diametrically opposed to his political views.  I am very admiring of Adam Scott, Jason Day, Pat Rafter, and Ash Barty.

I look forward to your posts but cut me a bit of slack on my replies for the next week or so.
Regards, Jack

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: August 04, 2020, 01:03:17 PM »
No worries Jack.

I don't know anything about Norman's political views, i just remember the great feats that he achieved when he was at his golfing prime.
Yes Penny, you are correct, he was married to the gorgeous Chris Everet.
I think that the marriage only lasted a couple of years so Jack might be right in saying that Norman is a bit up himself.
If you remember my old avatar that may give you a clue as to Jack's line of thinking regarding his reclining puppy photo.

Thanks for the welcome back Linda.
I had a nice healthy lunch yesterday, salad with the last of my leg ham off the bone.
I've been told this is a bit weird, what do you think.. when i make a salad i cut up all of the ingredients quite finely, toss it all around in dressing before plating it up & adding the meat separately.
I am sure that you will not approve of my lunch plan for today.
I had a large & very late breakfast this morning so today will be a most unhealthy but most enjoyable liquid lunch.

Thanks also to you Moira for your welcome back.
I don't usually have much time for any politician but i have to admit that Sco Mo is doing a pretty good job in the way that he is handling this pandemic.
i thought your post about his " grapes " was hilarious.

What is the name of a fruit that if you take away the first letter, it turns into a crime, take away the first two letters, it turns into an animal & take away first & last letters, it turns into a form of music...The answer of course is GRAPE.

Anyway cheers everybody, its lunchtime.

cmh

• Paronomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: August 04, 2020, 05:46:03 PM »
Hi Penny and Linda
can I be your annoying little sister as I am a mere 61!?! I also only work four days but luckily they are only half days as my  job means a lot of walking around and moving things about as well as standing at the till to serve customers. After 3 months off my feet still wonder what's hit them!

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: August 04, 2020, 08:36:46 PM »
Hi Christine
You can certainly be the annoying little sister :laugh: 
Linda & I are both fairly sedentary so our feet aren't too bad!  Linda does have a problem with farmy smelling farmers & I just have awkward patients :laugh:
As she's the big sister hopefully she'll set us a good example >:D

Cheese & tomato sarnies for lunch with a smidgen of heinz salad cream :-H

Les I get your chopping up the salad first.  I've done that on the odd occasion!  Hope you're enjoying your liquid lunch :)

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: August 04, 2020, 08:41:50 PM »
We have a Stella cherry tree in our garden.
My wife Tamara nurtures it.
About Christmas time we are rewarded with about 10 Kg of the juiciest, sweet fresh cherries.
Harvest some in the afternoon, and eat them that evening .. nothing like what you get in the supermarket !

I missed your post yesterday Michael.  I don't really know how much 10kg is - over a stone I'm guessing!  I did wonder just for a moment how on earth you were enjoying cherries at Christmas & then the penny dropped!  Anyway what I was trying to say, in a long & convoluted way, was how lovely :)

whisky

• Lexicomane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: August 04, 2020, 08:49:22 PM »
Quote from: Hobbit link=topic=3647.msg65473#msg65473 date=1596537710/
I don't really know how much 10kg is - over a stone I'm guessing!

10 Kg is near enough to 20 pounds.

Neighbours get some.
Kids and grandkids get some too.
We still have plenty left to enjoy ourselves.