Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814693 times)

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
  • Never give up just keep on trying
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4485 on: August 02, 2020, 05:18:49 PM »
So Jack, have you come up with a name for your new puppy ?

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: August 02, 2020, 06:10:32 PM »
Hi Jack

Brown big bum is the one I would love ;D

Carol

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: August 03, 2020, 02:51:40 AM »
Pen,  how could you think such a thing.  For that to be true, I would have to have a wicked sense of humour.  :angel:

Oh Jack I need to get up earlier in the morning obviously!  You can still catch me out after all this time :laugh:

My post is exactly like me this evening - short & sweet >:D

It's been warm here again today but, thankfully, nothing to match friday's heat.  I thought all your days there were glorious :laugh:

I'll see your man playing his spoons & offer your something I found by accident while looking for morris dancers :laugh:
Dad's Army
It tickled me!

Must dash or my dinner will be burnt & that will never do!  Chicken kiev, Marks & Spencer cauli cheese & new spuds :-H

I'm working on a suggestion for a name for your cute & gorgeous pup :-*

Penx
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 02:53:19 AM by Hobbit »
If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: August 03, 2020, 04:40:36 PM »
Gidday Pen & to all the followers of this thread,

Penny, i do hope that you can come up with a better puppy name than my first spur of the moment suggestion.
I'm concerned now that in today's P.C. world & because of the way that i worded the suggestion, some might interpret it as being racist which was certainly not my intent. ( i've since removed it )
I mean if the puppy had a white bum, my suggestion would have been to name him sharkey - after the great white shark - aka greg norman, one of the greatest golfers that this country has ever produced & of course he was a Queenslander.
Anyway, i am sure that Jack will come up with his own, very clever & appropriate name for his beloved puppy.

I've been debating with myself if i should publish this post as i do not wish to create an issue out of nothing but i am posting because i do not want to taint this thread or offend anybody with any semblance of a post with the potential for racist innuendo.

Sincerely Les303

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: August 03, 2020, 06:29:04 PM »
How do Les

I honestly think you're worrying unnecessarily.  I thought nothing of it when I read your earlier post suggesting a name for the pup.  It actually made me smile!  We'll wait & see what Jack says as he's the voice of reason & common sense.

Your sharkey suggestion made me chuckle!  I have a suspicion that Greg Norman married the American tennis player Chris Evert but I could be making that up :laugh:

I'm having a horrible Monday morning :(  Somebody went home sick & I have a heap of people waiting for a scan & we're waiting for somebody to cover. 

Roll on lunchtime!
Pen

les303

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: August 03, 2020, 07:18:13 PM »
Thanks Pen, that makes me feel a lot better.
It was just the lack of response from Jack that made me feel that i might have said something inappropriate without even realising it. ( i'm sure you remember the sexist episode )
I've been called an idiot, a drunk & a sexist ( 2 of 3 that i freely admit to ) i just did not want to also be labeled as a racist as well.
I must sound a bit paranoid but i do value Jack's opinion & do not want to lose his respect or yours for that matter.
I can only imagine the horrid time that you are having at work but at the same time you have to appreciate how lucky you are to still have a job.
How do you organise the waiting room while keeping yourself safe, do you wear a mask or just rely on social distancing... do your patients wear masks & do they follow your instructions when it comes to social distancing.

What's for lunch?

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: August 03, 2020, 08:10:20 PM »
Welcome back, Les!  Pen and I are very fond of discussing what's for lunch and would welcome your input.  For me, it's ham and tomato sandwich on thick white bread with a fair smattering of English mustard, large strong black coffee and some cherries and fromage frais to follow!! Yum!   >:D

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: August 03, 2020, 09:01:35 PM »
Oh Linda that sounds very yummy >:D  I bet they're proper cherries & not plastic supermarket ones as well :laugh: I've got cheese & coleslaw which is a bit average by comparison.  I'll do better tomorrow hopefully!
How are things with you?  Have you been back in the office at all?

Linda

• WordStar
  • Cumbria, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: August 03, 2020, 09:08:54 PM »
Yes, back in to work 3 days a week.  :(  We've got screens up to shield us from the great unwashed and only 3 of us in the office at a time. 

Proper, lovely juicy cherries - got them from M & S and they are delish!!  Resisted the temptation to buy cream and went for low fat fromage frais instead!  :angel:

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: August 03, 2020, 09:12:42 PM »
Hi again Les

Please don't be concerned about a lack of response from Jack at the moment.  He's got a heck of a lot on his plate at the moment with the move & everything else.  He's a little bit sporadic :laugh:
I'm sure he'll speak for himself when he gets a moment!

I do very much appreciate having a job.  It's been a tough 4 & a bit months.  At the beginning of lockdown I was almost having a meltdown.  My colleagues & I got quite jittery & the hospital was quiet apart from the Covid patients.  We're now running a full appointment schedule.  Everybody in the hospital has to wear a mask - staff & visitors.  I've now got a screen on my reception desk which makes me feel loads better.  We've spaced the chairs out & it's usually fine.  This morning was exceptional because of the list that went pear shaped.  All quiet at the moment & lunch in 15 minutes :-H

Linda & I are somewhat obsessed with food in all shapes & forms >:D

It's great to see you back :)

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: August 03, 2020, 09:15:57 PM »
Hi Les....and others.
How easily we can get ourselves in trouble !!!! But I think you're safe this time, Les. I know we're all guilty of thinking we're being funny and somebody takes offence..(.and the gate too, sometimes ). I'm sure Jack is a little preoccupied just now....hopefully not upset by anything you have said....just enjoying our beautiful weather! And hasn't it been great?
Stay safe...and practice social distancing.  Looking forward to the next posts about lunch/dinner from Linda and Penny  :D
Redlands , Queensland, Australia

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: August 03, 2020, 09:16:17 PM »
3 days a week isn't too bad Linda.  Is that ongoing for the moment? 
I love the sound of your cherries -& as an added bonus you can spit the stones at the great unwashed >:D 
I've got Morrison's wonky grapes.  Just adequate!
Your sensible eating plan continues.... :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 09:18:07 PM by Hobbit »

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: August 03, 2020, 09:17:50 PM »
Oooh...our Prime Minister is Scott Morrison. What are you doing with his grapes?

auntiemo

• Cryptoverbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: August 03, 2020, 09:18:54 PM »
Damn, Les. I could be the one in trouble,

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: August 03, 2020, 09:30:51 PM »
Hi Pen,

This post is going to be as short as your nightie.

The furniture arrived around midday and it took 2 hours to unload and get them to drop everything in the approximate place and then we spent the afternoon and early evening unpacking and stacking and I am totally whacked.  I think we have broken the back of the job, but tomorrow will be another big day.. 

On the Pup's name, we don't know which one we will be getting but I will go along with whatever the Chairwoman of the Board decides.

I didn't find anything wrong with Les's post except the pup was a girl.

One of the boy pups is a bit of an exhibitionist given the post on Facebook today.  Can't think of the first person I thought of.  >:D

Regards, Jack