Author Topic: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)  (Read 814206 times)

2dognight

• Linguissimo
    • View Profile
Re: More or Les (was Bloody Plurals)
« Reply #4380 on: July 13, 2020, 05:10:42 PM »
Hi Jack and June

Loved the photos.  The gorgeous mum looks like a pup has bitten her nipple 'ouch'

My daughter and  grandchildren thought they were super and kids all had the idea it would
be great to get Bear a running mate!!!!   Yes Bear is a Border Collie

Carol

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: July 13, 2020, 09:21:55 PM »
It has been another long day reading lots of documents that are necessary to exercise due diligence, having discussions with the conveyancer, and playing a board game with the family after dinner.

But culturally the most important thing we did today was to surrender our NSW driver’s licences and replace them with Queensland licences. So, we are now genuine banana-benders.

So I am going to cheat and respond with a joint post to those in the group that have been active for the last couple of days.

Hi Pen, Carol, Christine, Michael, Moyra, Valerie.

Rather than post pictures of the pups for the next eight weeks, I will give you the sources and you can follow them if you wish.
The Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/Taaffeitebordercollies
and the web page is https://teamtaaffeite.com/default.asp

I think you will approve the ethics of the breeder which is encapsulated in the statement “ Each dog is unique and we pride ourselves on matching puppies to their most suitable home. If for whatever reason, it’s not working out (no matter what age!) we will ALWAYS take our puppies/ dogs back. Taaffeite dogs will NOT end up in shelter environments, be passed around (or worse).”

Every time we talk to people about Redland Bay, people say that it is a great place to live.  It is about 20 minutes further away from the family than Wellington Point but it is big enough so that the four of them can stay over the weekend even if Andrew is up from Canberra. 

As soon as we get unpacked and settle in, we expect to join the golf club.  Pound for pound, June is the better golfer.  We both have about the same handicap but I have twice as many pounds. :D

It has been achieved quickly but that is attributable to the work put in by the family here and in Canberra doing all the spadework and lifting a lot of the burden of June and me.

We are very fortunate.
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
  • Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: July 13, 2020, 11:12:25 PM »
Hi Jack

It's great that everything is moving along nice & quickly :)  So very pleased for June & yourself.

I couldn't find one Banana-bender or Queensland cartoon.  Most annoying :laugh:  I found a cartoon from the Queensland Times & a naked banana >:D You'll have to make do with this small offering!

I obviously have no idea who the gent swimming in the sea is!  Presume a politician or such like!

I was a bit disappointed to realise that you can't look at Facebook unless you sign in or sign up :(  I will wait to see No1 Daughter at the weekend & get her to sign in for me :)  Love looking at those puppies.

Talking of golf I did find this & it tickled me a bit :)

Clinic's getting busy so I'd better scarper!

If life gives you lemons, add a large gin & some tonic...

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: July 14, 2020, 07:03:42 PM »
Hi Pen,

I was just seeing if I could do a 7-by-many when I saw you on the same spot on the totem pole, so I thought I would do a quick post before I am called for dinner. 

I am sorry you can't see the Facebook page.  if there are any spectacular photos I will post them.  When they get their eyes open and get more mobile, there should be some interesting photos.

I liked your jokes.

Regards, Jack

Valerie

• Word-meister
  • Blue Mountains, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: July 14, 2020, 07:13:35 PM »
Well done, Jack.  Hope it all goes well.  Make sure the banana benders continue to keep out all those plague-ridden masses from the southern states.  Good luck!  Will definitely check out those FB pages.  Cheers, Val
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 07:17:01 PM by Valerie »
I'll sleep in my next life

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: July 14, 2020, 08:00:39 PM »
Hi Jack

I did spot you on the 7-by-many but then I got distracted by a couple of patients & problems & when I got back you'd galloped past me :laugh:

Your wine cartoons tickled me :laugh:  I'm sticking with your theme!

An old farmer went to the local town to see a film. The ticket girl said, "Sir, what is that on your shoulder?"
The old farmer said, "That is my pet rooster, Chuckle. Wherever I go, Chuckle goes."
"I'm sorry, Sir," said the ticket girl, "We can't allow animals in the cinema. Not even a pet chicken."
The old farmer went around the corner and stuffed the chicken down his trousers. He returned to the booth, bought a ticket and entered the cinema. He sat down next to two old A&E nurses named Mildred and Marge.

The movie started and the chicken began to squirm. The old farmer un-zipped his trousers so Chuckle could stick his head out and watch the movie.
"Marge," whispered Mildred.
"What?" said Marge.
"I think the guy next to me is a pervert."
"What makes you think so?" asked Marge.
"He unzipped his pants and he has his thing out," whispered Mildred.
"Well, don't worry about it," said Marge, "At our age it isn't anything we haven't seen before."
"Yes," said Mildred, "But this one's eating my popcorn!"

Leave you with a very silly joke :laugh:

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: July 16, 2020, 03:09:11 AM »
Hi Pen,

Had a frustrating day dealing with our Telco yesterday.  I thought I’d go out to the one closest to Redland Bay.  I don’t know why, because they do all their work on the internet.  They claimed they couldn’t open our file unless we could show them an official instrument with a photograph on it.  You might remember we had surrendered our NSW licences and just had a receipt for our Qld licences until they arrive in the post and so although we had several club memberships with photos on them, they were not “official”.

So back to Coorparoo to pick up our passports.  Out of cussedness, I was determined to go back to Capalaba (I have trouble pronouncing this like a local) to get the job done although there is a closer office in Carindale.  My daughter cheekily said I just wanted an excuse to get more driving in the new car.  When I got back to the Capalaba office they opened up the file and then said they couldn’t close off the facilities at one address and open them up at a new address in the same billing cycle.  I told them this was crazy because I could do it on the internet at home, but it said I had to go into a Telstra Office if I was on a contract.  They said that was no problem because my last contract ended in 2017.  Their records had no mention of the 2-year contract I had entered into in 2019.  I remembered that we had a lot of trouble getting things taken out of that contract in the Mittagong Office and they must have deleted the contract from their records by mistake.  I couldn’t see any point in proving to them that I did have a contract and tying ourselves down for another year, so we went back home and I achieved the process on-line.

Anyway, I needed several hours of sleep before I could approach the keyboard again.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 03:12:01 AM by Ozzyjack »
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: July 16, 2020, 04:55:27 AM »
Hi Jack

It sounds like you had a day of banging your head on a brick wall >:(  As your daughter pointed out at least you had an excuse to drive your new car :laugh:

I'm a bit knacked & have a small headache so just a flying visit!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:57:03 AM by Hobbit »

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: July 16, 2020, 06:52:48 PM »
Morning Jack

I hope you've had a less frustrating & more enjoyable day today.  I'm sitting on fracture clinic & the waiting room is almost empty & it's lovely & peaceful.  Don't expect it'll last long :laugh:  I'm treating myself to a half day so I'm going home at 1 :-)  Although strictly speaking not straight home as I need to go to Sainsburys first to stock up.

I'll leave you with a daft random assortment  ;D

Starting to get busy so time to
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 06:56:47 PM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: July 16, 2020, 09:05:18 PM »
I'm a bit knacked & have a small headache

You are lucky, Pen.  June has a big headache and it’s called Jack. >:D

Today has been a bit quieter but I am still knacked so just a short one.

You just pipped me at the post. :D
Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: July 16, 2020, 09:27:46 PM »

You are lucky, Pen.  June has a big headache and it’s called Jack. >:D

I'm away in half an hour - just had enough time to find this... >:D

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: July 17, 2020, 05:12:57 PM »
It was not my day today, Pen

I went to shampoo my hair this morning but when I looked at the label it said it was for dry hair and I had already wet mine.

Then I dropped a letter onto the floor and in large letters it said on the envelope “DO NOT BEND” and I spent 2 hours trying to work out how to pick it up.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: July 18, 2020, 01:45:14 AM »
Hi Jack

Your post made me laugh out loud  :laugh:  I read it while I was enjoying my early morning cuppa.

Our weather has gone from one extreme to the other :o  We're boiling at nearly 80f (26 in centigrade I think) today.  It was decidedly inclement earlier in the week.  I got some jobs done this morning & had a walk with my friend.  Since lunch I've been very lazy :-Y

In a Catholic school cafeteria, a nun places a note in front of a pile of apples, "Only take one. God is watching." Further down the line is a pile of cookies. A little boy makes his own note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."

A man fell into a display of 300 golf clubs at a sports shop earlier today...
Doctors have said that he should be ok but he's not out of the woods yet!

My mate was telling me that last night he was hit on the head by a couple of sausages.
I said, "That's nothing! I got hit by 4 steaks, 2 pork chops and a leg of lamb."
"What could it have been?" he asked.
"I'm not sure but mine was definitely a meatier shower!"
(one for Zoe!)

Going to to the kitchen to see what I can find :-H
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:46:48 AM by Hobbit »

Ozzyjack

• Eulexic
  • Redlands, SEQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: July 18, 2020, 08:47:55 PM »
We're boiling at nearly 80f (26 in centigrade I think) today. 

Different Folks, Different Strokes

When the days here don't get to 70oF, people say “It's a bit cool today" and this is winter.

We had lunch yesterday in the beer garden of the Redland Bay Hotel to get a feel for what it will be like when we move there and it was about 70oF and most people were wearing cardigans.  It is a couple of degrees cooler in Redland Bay than in Coorparoo because you get a sea breeze.

I just noticed the radio in the new car has AM and FM.  I suppose they put in the FM because you shouldn’t hear the AM after midday.

I sent in a form to get a Queensland Seniors Card but they returned it unprocessed because where it said Sign Here, I wrote Cancer.

Your jokes were great.

Regards, Jack

Hobbit

• Eulexic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: July 19, 2020, 02:04:06 AM »
G'day Jack

You're obviously already embracing & enjoying your new climate :laugh:  I'm not sure how long I'd last but I'd be fine in the winter as 70f suits me perfectly - I wouldn't even need a cardie  >:D

I had a sneaky peek at the Redland Bay Hotel on Ms Google & it looks rather nice!  I particularly liked the look of the menu :-H
So you have a swish golf course & a great beer garden all within spitting distance of your new gaffe  :laugh:  Not forgetting, of course, that the family are a mere hop & a skip away :)  A smashing new home &, hopefully, a new puppy in the near future.  I think it's fair to say that you & June have a 110% done the right thing.  Job's a good 'un :laugh:

Loved your pictures :laugh:  Here's a random offering!  I'm hoping I'm not on a repeat but have a suspicion I might be!  I'm hungry - that's my excuse & I'm sticking with it >:D

Nearly grub time :-H  It's Guinness bangers, dirty fries & beans.  Very much looking forward to it ;D